Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

wondermoose said:
Back to school time...just moved into the new apartment with lots of goodies :D :

[MG]http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/DSC00838.JPG[/IMG]
[MG]http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/DSC00837.JPG[/IMG]

Could you buy a 4th LCD and send it to my address please ;)

latief75 said:
how do you get three monitors to work ? two computers?

with two video cards (not in SLi) you can run up to four... I believe you can keep adding pci video cards for as many slots as you have open and run even more than that.
:D

jayx9 said:
Short on space...

desk.jpg
I'm not usually a fan of flashy desks but hot-damn! That's some desk, yo! What is it and where did you get it? How much did it set you back?

Some local store, and I think it was like 50 bucks. Besides its way to small you wouldnt want it.

Im a new member of the 2405 club! ;P (with a shitty speaker setup, still short on space ;p )

24052.jpg

jayx9 said:
Some local store, and I think it was like 50 bucks. Besides its way to small you wouldnt want it.

Im a new member of the 2405 club! ;P (with a shitty speaker setup, still short on space ;p )

24052.jpg

God..I can't wait for mine! When did you get yours? Any dead pixels, noise or backlight issues?

Got mine yesterday, at 8pm DHL works late :eek:

I was happy to find out there are 0 dead pixels, and no backlight issues. Im glad too cause I didnt want to go through the hassle of sending it back. It was made in July 05, so maybe they fixed some issues. I also dont hear any noise from the back. Maybe the other guys are paranoid :D :confused:

wondermoose said:
Back to school time...just moved into the new apartment with lots of goodies :D :

]http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/DSC00837.JPG[/IMG]

where did you get the wallpaper for that middle monitor? Thats pretty sick.

wondermoose said:
Kids these days get paid to go to College ;).
Yea, and middle class families who's kid was number 13 in their class form high school don't get paid anything to goto college ~_~.
My parents are shafted with full cost of the public university....... nothing but loans.... 18,000$+

But alas, im lucky I guess.......... there are people who would die to be in my position.

revenant said:
with two video cards (not in SLi) you can run up to four... I believe you can keep adding pci video cards for as many slots as you have open and run even more than that.
:D

the man is right. i just boot in SLI whenever im gonna sit down for a while to play games. it shuts off all my other monitors. hopefully when ATI releases crossfire, which supports multiple monitors in sli, then nvidia will release a driver update. time will tell.

towert7 said:
Yea, and middle class families who's kid was number 13 in their class form high school don't get paid anything to goto college ~_~.
My parents are shafted with full cost of the public university....... nothing but loans.... 18,000$+

But alas, im lucky I guess.......... there are people who would die to be in my position.

Yea man i understand that. I go to Texas A&M University, but i was fortunate enough to become a National Merit Finalist. I was really close to the cutoff, but I finished pretty high in my class as well.

wondermoose said:
Yea man i understand that. I go to Texas A&M University, but i was fortunate enough to become a National Merit Finalist. I was really close to the cutoff, but I finished pretty high in my class as well.

I feel bad now. :(

I was 96th out of 478 kids. Dang football and baseball and track/field and assistant girls volleyball coach. (I never got below an A on all my tests....but they sure drop you down for not doing any homework. :mad: )

Oh well, I am headed back to school in California and paying out-of-state there is cheaper than in-state here in Minnesota.

I am also on a KDS 15" LCD...not worth a picture. I am looking for a 2005FPW, so anyone has one and looking to get a larger one....I may be able to take your 2005FPW off your hands. :D

ds- said:
ok here is my set up after I put up my new Athena speakers and getting my new HK receiver.
Some speakers pic in here that don't relate to LCDs, but hope you don't mind :)

Not too bad for a 21 yr old :p

I have some questions about your Viewsonic lcd tv. I have been considering this one for quite some time. Are you using it connected to an HD source, how is the black level and response time?

ASmith said:
I have some questions about your Viewsonic lcd tv. I have been considering this one for quite some time. Are you using it connected to an HD source, how is the black level and response time?

Your just done the MOST ANNOYING shit ever!!!

ASmith said:

Response time is not a issue. Haven't connected to a HD source yet, but I did play some HD 720p videos downloaded from Microsoft and it looks amazing. I'm planning on getting HD from Bell expressvu for the coming hockey season. Blacks are ok. I went from HDMI to DVI to just using component. Component looks better without all the washed out black issues. Someone said it has to do with the TV only doing 8bit color or something and the DVD doing 10bit. Not too sure though...

For the price I paid, it is a very good TV.

vat said:
Your just done the MOST ANNOYING shit ever!!!

Really, last time i checked this was a forum and one typically asks questions on a forum. Why don't you crawl back in the hole you came from. :rolleyes:

ASmith said:
Really, last time i checked this was a forum and one typically asks questions on a forum. Why don't you crawl back in the hole you came from. :rolleyes:

He means you quoted all the pictures. Remove the IMG tags next time you qoute for everyones sake.

When you quote pictures it takes twice as long to load pictures that are already in a thread. Not to mention hurting the bandwith of the picture host.

ASmith said:
See sig mr asshole

silasbear said:
He means you quoted all the pictures. Remove the IMG tags next time you qoute for everyones sake.
When you quote pictures it takes twice as long to load pictures that are already in a thread. Not to mention hurting the bandwith of the picture host.
And not quite. It doesn;t slow the thread down because you still only download it once (assuming its on the same page, I think). Its just a PITA to have to scroll through all those pics again.

And mine:
IMG_0367.JPG

eddieclayton said:
Here's my setup, the monitors are Viewsonic VP171b's.

[IM]http://users.adelphia.net/~eddiejclayton/DSC03227rs.JPG[/IMG]

Now just get about 50 more and build a wall of them around you :D

ASmith said:
what are you two talking about?

Wesley1357 said:
nice table+mouse+monitors, but that keyboard is a crime. i have a black keys and silver keyboard like that, these things are terrible for typing, they just look good and that's all. nice joystick, real nice!

Thanks for the nice comments. I know someone was going to bring up that POS keyboard (I agree that it's horrible to type on). The only reason I have it is because it lights up (I do most of my flying in the dark), I have a cheap logitech that I use for everything else (it's below the POS keyboard).

*twitch* Smith, if it's not too much of a problem, mind editting so that you don't quote really big pictures like that?

Just a courtesy thing. Noone needs to attack over it.

I did post a pic a while back but I've upgraded my second monitor now :)

Get wicked vibration with the sub being where it is with gun fire in fps's :D

rig13xr.jpg

desk.jpg

Theres my baby, 100$ walmart desk works great. My monitor is 2405 dell JOY!!. along with my old 15" NEC LCD for my ATI HDTV video card to watch TV and play my consoles on. and my Z-5500 logitech speaker system set up so it sround sound :)

Back