Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

The res is 1280 x 768. I didn't go with something with a higher res because I dont like quinting to see objects on the screen. I like to sit back about 3 - 4 feet from the monitor and type/play games.

I dont know if you have ever seen a Sharp Aquos TV, but they make the best lcd tv on the market. And when I play games with my 6800gt it allows me to do 1280 x 768 with 4aa and 16af. because I dont have a sky high native resolution like the Dell 2405 and 2005.

oh and the fact that I have 5 other inputs to use including an HDMI for future PS3 use is a nice bonus.

silasbear said:
oh and the fact that I have 5 other inputs to use including an HDMI for future PS3 use is a nice bonus.
Nice but does it have HDCP? Cause... You know, without HDCP, you're probably not going anywhere with HD-DVD, Bluray etc.

monitor003.jpg

Yonzie said:
Nice but does it have HDCP? Cause... You know, without HDCP, you're probably not going anywhere with HD-DVD, Bluray etc.

name a brand name model that currently support HDCP

Yonzie said:

Meh, untill some kid in europe gets the bright idea to crack it and anyone smooth enough to get linux running (add 4 months for windows users) can watch them in full glory no matter the output.

any of you 2405fpw owners got any pictures with the monitor displaying a xbox, gc, or ps2 game? i really want a 2405fpw, and was wondering how the quality was when you plug in a console.

Bad_Boy said:
any of you 2405fpw owners got any pictures with the monitor displaying a xbox, gc, or ps2 game? i really want a 2405fpw, and was wondering how the quality was when you plug in a console.
its not that great, most xbox games are 480p which doesnt look that great. Also i noticed that the xbox seemed to be a bit dark when displaying my xbox but i didnt attempt to adjust it since i was just fooling around.

shadylx said:
its not that great, most xbox games are 480p which doesnt look that great. Also i noticed that the xbox seemed to be a bit dark when displaying my xbox but i didnt attempt to adjust it since i was just fooling around.

eh? what connections you using? S-Video?

it's o/t so here is a link to the pics I posted a while back on component video.. I don't know what's wrong with Halo.. but DOA3 looked nice and smooth.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=882070&highlight=56k+xbox+component

Bad_Boy said:
ah, thanks for the link :D
im still saving for the monitor but I cant wait heh, those pics dont look bad, and it should look tons better with a xbox360 or ps3.
:D

Just make sure you use the component or vga/dvi if you can. Svideo and Composite video will look like ass. The pics don't really do it justice tho.. since I was just taking pictures of my screen.

Even with the $100+ component cables xbox and my Zenieth HD directv receiver, the Dell's arent that great doing HD. If you enjoying really good HD picture, dont count on the 2405FPW to deliver. My 55" Mitisubishi HD widescreen blows both of my dell 2405FPWs out of the water when it comes to HD picutre quality. But for computers and games, I couldnt be any more happy with the 2405. Why I bought two:)

Teecee said:
Even with the $100+ component cables xbox and my Zenieth HD directv receiver, the Dell's arent that great doing HD. If you enjoying really good HD picture, dont count on the 2405FPW to deliver. My 55" Mitisubishi HD widescreen blows both of my dell 2405FPWs out of the water when it comes to HD picutre quality. But for computers and games, I couldnt be any more happy with the 2405. Why I bought two:)

I have the opposite effect.. however I have Comcast HD service tho.. there are some channels (hd demo channels) that have some great content to show off hd..(Imax, inhd, etc) I find myself staring at the screen wondering how it could be so clear. I have used both dvi & component, both were very sharp. I have a Sony ws 51" hdtv in the living room that looks great too.. but the small screen size + high resolution = sharper pictures for me vs. the bigscreen.

Posted before but I have changed it around since then. Here is the newly completed setup...

IMG_0450.JPG

Old school but still cool. :)

Got mine here at work since 2001 and still a good picture. :cool:

koegs said:
Old school but still cool. :)

Got mine here at work since 2001 and still a good picture. :cool:

lol by good picture you mean lcd panel quality? or those 2 pictures there? ;) :p

JustinSane said:
What kinda desk is that cc?

Glayde said:
I'm interested in that desk as well!

It's the Galant series from IKEA. About $320 for the configuration that I have now, was thinking of adding another corner part to make a big U, but I am running out of space in the office and would be pushing the wife out into the hall if I did, lol :D .

Teecee said:

Maybe it has something to do with the tuner connection to the monitor. I used my Fusion II to watch some the OTA feed of the NASCAR race yesterday and my new 2005FPW looked fantastic.

SS

ok here is my set up after I put up my new Athena speakers and getting my new HK receiver.
Some speakers pic in here that don't relate to LCDs, but hope you don't mind :)

HT1.jpg

HT4.jpg

HT5.jpg

HT6.jpg

HT8.jpg

HT9.jpg

HT11.jpg

HT12.jpg

Room1.jpg

Room2.jpg

Not too bad for a 21 yr old :p

boy ds-, you are really pimpin those things........... that's got to be the 5'th post ive seen them in ^_^

towert7 said:
boy ds-, you are really pimpin those things........... that's got to be the 5'th post ive seen them in ^_^

Just making sure people who read the Displays forum and not the Audio get a look :p .

This is the new set-up with the IKEA galant desk.

I also believe that this is the same desk that CC has (he has side extensions on his).

desktop.jpg

I like having two monitors, althought with ADD it's sometimes [H]ard.

LOL

El Barto said:
This is the new set-up with the IKEA galant desk.

I also believe that this is the same desk that CC has (he has side extensions on his).

I like having two monitors, althought with ADD it's sometimes [H]ard.

LOL

Yup same desk except yours in in Birch and mine is Beech (color I mean) :D .

DeViLdUdE said:
better position ur 5.1 right or the audio guys will get on you hehe...
Nice desk and LCD.
I was about to say something when I saw the picture, but the better part of me said "ah, let it go". ^_^ Especially with such limited desk space..................

DeViLdUdE said:
better position ur 5.1 right or the audio guys will get on you hehe...
Nice desk and LCD.
I used to do that. Might as well get 2.1 if your going to use the speakers like that.

I'd gladly position them right if you can supply me a new place with more room for free. :D I had them nicely positioned before I moved here, but now I have limited space(as noted) and its the best I can do for now. Most of the time I have my headphones on anyway.

How are you guys able to change your wallpapers on each monitor? Mine are always the same. :(

Video Card = ATI RADEON X700pro.

saltiness said:
Those are some old school LCD's. I remember drooling over those 5 years ago

Are you the guy who made those kick ass case mods?????? Holy crap, what you doing with 5 year old LCD's??? :eek:

wondermoose said:
Back to school time...just moved into the new apartment with lots of goodies :D :

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

where is your new place, have a house warming party ... ;)

YOHAN14344 said:
How are you guys able to change your wallpapers on each monitor? Mine are always the same. :(

Video Card = ATI RADEON X700pro.

google the program "UltraMon", that will let u do alot of stuff for multy mons

Back