Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Here's Newegg's information page . Ordered it back in May when it was pretty new for $400 after rebates...certainly wasn't the most economically conservative decision (as I could've waited an gotten a 2005fpw for that much a week ago) but I'm satisfied with it, and I was kind of a sucker for the cool looking design. There's an updated version of it now, the 1981Q with 8ms response time, opposed to mine with 12ms.

I'll post pics of the more permanant set up once I get to school in a couple of weeks, and I might even be able to find a real camera to use :D .

those LGs are so freakin sexy.... i want one so bad! :cool: too bad they cost way too much... :(

but pics are a definate must! id like to know how well those game.

workstation.jpg

Here is my setup. The LCD on the left is hooked up to the Howard Stern computer (i have a receiver hooked up to that computer and it records Howard Stern's radio show automatically). The other two are hooked up to my "main" computer.

19qn.jpg

23xx.jpg

41ro.jpg

60zm.jpg

nwa6sl.jpg

towert7 said:
I love the Windows98 Box in there, and the cape cod potato chips just add a level of reality. ^_^ (i love cape cod origional potato chips, YUM)
<offtopic>
Mmmmm.... cape cod potatoe chips are the absolute BEST, bar NONE! My favorite variety is the sea salt and vinegar...mmmm...with a nice Pepsi on the side...ahhh, mouth watering "....c-c-cant take it, m-m-must-go--buy-some--c-cape cod--sea-s-salt-and-vinegar--p-potatoe--chips..." (in that cheesy cartoon action hero trying to get up from a small moment of defeat type of tone) he he..</end offtopic> :D

TSS Modder said:
those LGs are so freakin sexy.... i want one so bad! :cool: too bad they cost way too much... :(

but pics are a definate must! id like to know how well those game.
They game pretty well, they have well defined color and no ghosting, but i have nothing to compare it to however. I dont have a very good camera, or id take pics of it in-game.

I'd agree with the above post on the LG's gaming performance...I doubt I'm as picky as some of the posters here, but it performs well by my standards. I know it's not a fair comparison, as the LG costs like twice as much, but I've been looking at a Dell 17" (non-ultrasharp) LCD hooked up to my family PC for the past few days and the poor quality from what I've been used to on the LG is very obvious and annoying (colors are far less defined, not as bright, etc, etc). But as someone posted they are expensive compared to something like the L90D+ or the Dell 1905...you really have to value aesthetics (which I do) to justify the cost.

are the lg's monitors, expensive because they got very good image quality or just because they are pretty???

Wesley1357 said:
are the lg's monitors, expensive because they got very good image quality or just because they are pretty???

Hopefully bit of both.

My new setup after my second 2405fpw came in but before I switched to my Antec p180 case. Yes, that is a duck. My wife likes ducks. We live on the water so have lots of ducks in our back yard.

homedesk04.jpg

Nice little setup you got there Teecee.
Just out of curiosity, what headphones are those? Do you like them?

towert7 said:
Nice little setup you got there Teecee.
Just out of curiosity, what headphones are those? Do you like them?

Sennheiser HD 280

Yes, yes, and yes. Sound and comfort is amazing. The only bad thing is they do not have a mic attached to them. I have some Sennheiser 150s, the headsets that I use when I am on teamspeak because I have yet to find a good stand alone mic that even comes close to a headset. The mic on my desk is the logitech USB desktop mic. It is ok, just doesnt work as well as headset does.

I have my xbox plugged into my 55" mitsu HD widescreen and my 7.1 surround sound so when the wifey is asleep, I just plug these into my Onkyo receiver and I can play as loud as I want. The sound these produce is pure magic. I really enjoy audio. These are probably my second favorite item behind my Dell 2405s.

I have to remember to show this thread so my family and friends. They question my sanity and I only have two LCDs.

Teecee said:
My new setup after my second 2405fpw came in but before I switched to my Antec p180 case. Yes, that is a duck. My wife likes ducks. We live on the water so have lots of ducks in our back yard.

I like ducks also.
Roasted ducks ( the ones that are hanging upside downin front of the chinese restaurant in a glass case)
Peking duck ( very delicious with crispy skins in a wrap)
Fried duck
Duck noodle soups
duck liver
All yummys
hehehe. what kinda of duck does your wife like?

:D

Ah, the HD280's, boy I never would have guessed from that picture. Those are what my dad has.

~Thanks

julyccc said:
I like ducks also.
Roasted ducks ( the ones that are hanging upside downin front of the chinese restaurant in a glass case)
Fried duck
Duck noodle soups
duck liver
All yummys

Oh my wife would kill you. But very funny.

julyccc said:
I like ducks also.
Fried duck
Duck noodle soups
duck liver
All yummys

You forgot Duck's tongue--I heard it is a delicacy, really tasty.

Happy Hopping said:
You forgot Duck's tongue--I heard it is a delicacy, really tasty.

You also forgot DUCK FEET.

But Westerners find it disgusting. They don't know what they're missing. :eek:

CRXican said:
I have to remember to show this thread so my family and friends. They question my sanity and I only have two LCDs.

I wish I had 2 LCDs. But right now, it's just a bit of a luxury for me. :(

^^ very clean!! Nice wall mount. Perfect spot for the TV (opposite side from your mousing arm) . Nice rig too. like'n that one. :D

Cheers mate, specs if interested are:
Lian Li PC65 anodised
PCP&C 510 SLI
DFI Ultra-D
X2 4400+
7800GTX
2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000 memory
2 x 74GB raptors
160GB 7200rpm Lacie external (back-up storage) drive
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer
2 x samsung DVD-rw
1 x floppy
Nexus fan controller
Matrix Orbital MX222
4 x 80mm blue coolermaster fans
2 x 120mm antec blue fans
thermochill 120.2 rad
RBX cpu block
Maze 4 gpu block plus OCZ ramsinks
Aquaxtreme 50Z pump
1/2" blue primoflex tubing
DangerDen fillport
EP-UK fan grills
Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp LCD monitor
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers
Logic3 rumble gamepad
Logitech multimedia keyboard
Logitech MX510 mouse
Icemat II mousemat

Nicholarse, I sent you a PM but gonna ask here too. What wall mount did you use? Where ya get it and how much? I love how that looks.

Here are a few pics of my setup after a rearrangement and cable tidying.

Abbv. Specs are:

Sharp 26" LCD TV
P4 3.0 cooled by Zalman 7000cu
evga 6800gt cooled by 700cu
40gig & 80 gig IDE drives
NEC DVD drive/ Plextor DVD RW drive
OCZ Modstream 520

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Ignore the floppy drive. It came from my old dell and isn't hooked up currently. Maybe I should take it out...

silasbear said:
Here are a few pics of my setup after a rearrangement and cable tidying.

Abbv. Specs are:

Sharp 26" LCD TV

Ignore the floppy drive. It came from my old dell and isn't hooked up currently. Maybe I should take it out...

but how can that screen be clear? it's only 10 x 7 or something like that. You can't see very clearly at that res. on a 26", can you?

Back