• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Happy Hopping said:
what's that thing under the table top in silver color, looks like a pile of teeth?

Cable Worm (cable organizer)

streamliner said:
slickfx: what is the silver keyboard in your setup, looks pretty pimp

Thanks. The old school Apple Pro Keyboard (black, silver, clear), before they went all white.

YOHAN14344 said:
SlickFX... for a set up that expensive and high tech... shouldn't you at least have wireless keyboards and mices?

I've tried most wireless mice and keyboards and they can't compare to wired solutions. The Belkin Ergo keyboard is one of the most solid keyboards I have used and the Logitech MX518 is one of the best mice you can get, both of which cost more than most wireless combos. The only good wireless mouse is the Logitech MX1000 and it still has it's faults. With that said, I actually do have a wireless Gyration mouse and keyboard for the HTPC.

In the end, wired mouse > wireless mouse :)
 
SlickFX, what material is polystyrol, polypropylene? Can a rabbit bite thru it?

If a cable head is really big, more than 2" diameter, is there anyway to fit thru it, can that cable worm be pry open somehow?

And how did you make your one sit horizontally, did you use duct tape on both end?
 
Happy,

It's made of plastic. Not sure if a rabbit can chew through plastic :). It's pretty overpriced for what it is though.

The head can be any size, as long as the cable itself is small. There is a slit and 4 separate compartments for the cables. Kind of hard to explain, here's a picture.

It comes in two types, vertical or horizontal. In the picture you can see it fit perfectly inbetween the table bars. It's even curved perfectly. Nothing additional was needed. But there are brackets that are included to mount it horizontally to any table. If you get the vertical one, it comes with an foot anchor. The pieces are detachable, so you can shrink or expand it.
 
perplex said:
where do you get IBM clocks? i've seen photos of IBM graphite clocks and wondering where you can get them from

ds- said:
I'm pretty sure he works for IBM looking at the applications on his screen.
I work for IBM too and can order them.

I got the one on the desk from a Thanks award, not sure if they sell those retail, maybe available through some IBM merchandise site.
 
SLiCkFX said:
Happy,

It's made of plastic. Not sure if a rabbit can chew through plastic :). It's pretty overpriced for what it is though.

The head can be any size, as long as the cable itself is small. There is a slit and 4 separate compartments for the cables. Kind of hard to explain, here's a picture.
.

thanks. There is gap from the pic., so I suppose if my rabbit really wants to, he can bite thru those plastic. But more than anything, the price just doesn't justify the convenience. So far, I just use pumping plastic hose from Home Depot. But the diameter has to be big in some cases, because I have to fit the cable head in. However, they are only $1 to $2 per length of the cable. And since they are hard thick plastic, no rabbit can bite thru. Sometimes I'll use cable ties to tie the plastic hose around the leg of the desk.
 
Happy Hopping said:
I was about to say the same thing. For someone who cares enough to use a natural keyboard for hand comfort, (I hate those), how can he stand a chair like that?
It's not that bad, I've sat on worse.

Just have no time to go chair shopping really.
 
Paul Bryan said:
Mine's a Belkin. It's not too highly regarded but it was the cheapest one with DVI support. I think you can buy better DVI switches over in the States.

You might want to wait until early next year when Intel Mac Mini's become available though I'd love it if G5 Mini's came out before then ;)

USB cables can connect to the hub but not firewire. My Belkin KVM switch has 2 USB ports on it, one of which I've hooked up to a USB hub. Both the PC and the Mac can share this hub so I use it for my printer, scanner, USB headphones etc.

DVI hubs are a lot more expensive then VGA hubs. Mine cost around £100 GBP.

:eek: after looking at the prics of one of the KVM's, i think itll be more worthwhile goin round the back and changing the cables manually :p :p but tbh i think ill wait for the Intel mac Mini next year.. thanks again !

PS: do u have any firewire devices u use? i currently have no use for the ports, but i want to use them up!!! :p
 
pincho said:
after looking at the prics of one of the KVM's, i think itll be more worthwhile goin round the back and changing the cables manually :p
:D :D so true
pincho said:
PS: do u have any firewire devices u use? i currently have no use for the ports, but i want to use them up!!! :p
Hmm, if you've got the money you might be interested in one of these:

http://www.micronet.com/General/prodList.asp?CatID=99&Cat=Product

They start at $162.95 USD for a 80GB external drive that matches your Mini in styling. Plus it gives you three more firewire and four more USB ports to use up :)

EDIT: whoops you meant on the Apple Cinema - currently have no use for them.
 
room9kn.jpg


My Harman Kardon reciever hasn't arrived yet, so don't have my 5 Athena speakers up yet.
 
ds- said:
My Harman Kardon reciever hasn't arrived yet, so don't have my 5 Athena speakers up yet.

Can wait to see your new audio setup when you get it. Also, nice looking little Sony LCD (they always look nice to me).

Oh, and what are those two ducts going to? Do they cool off your computer?
 
towert7 said:
Can wait to see your new audio setup when you get it. Also, nice looking little Sony LCD (they always look nice to me).

Oh, and what are those two ducts going to? Do they cool off your computer?

The Sony 15" LCD monitor just got delivered to my house today :D
Got it from Sony's promotion for $151 CND including tax and free shipping (took 3 days!).

Those ducts are for my air conditioner ;) . One brings hot air out other brings outside air in. It's a Danby 10,000 BTU

I can't use regular window air conditioner cause of my desk blocking the window.

I'll remove the air conditioner when winter comes, and it'll look nicer :p

I'll post another PIC when my reciever arrives and I plug all my speakers in :cool:

Do you guys think I should raise my Sony LCD up to my CRT level? I can use a book but it won't look as pretty (got a free MS Visio 2003 book, nice and blue). Or I can find a monitor stand or something.
 
SN4p said:
i think you should spend a bit of that cash on a more comfy chair...sheesh

Herman Miller - ask for it by name :)

I have an Aeron at home and at work and they rock! :)
 
jknew.jpg


I have done a major upgrade on my rig since i last posted on page 20 something of this thread. Ill put some pictures of my Lounge rig later.
 
Rash said:
http://www.bluetechinternational.com/Pics/jknew.jpg

I have done a major upgrade on my rig since i last posted on page 20 something of this thread. Ill put some pictures of my Lounge rig later.


Hey Rash, how do you like the LifeDrive? I was thinking about getting one, whats your opinion?

Nice setup btw:cool:
 
IMG_06351.jpg


My new 2005FPWs. Sorry about the crappy pic. I am still deciding whether or not to exchange them (each of them has 1 dead pixel).
 
molson3530 said:
[IMGhttp://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/molson3530/IMG_06351.jpg[/IMG]

My new 2005FPWs. Sorry about the crappy pic. I am still deciding whether or not to exchange them (each of them has 1 dead pixel).


What background is that?
 
roninblade said:
Greatest PDA in the world , the X50v, probebly has the best display on ur desk, and im not joking about that

Ya it does have a pretty sweet display. The thing is, I barely use my PDA, I don't like carrying so much stuff in my pockets (cell phone, pda, wallet...). I haven't used it in a bit actually :( .
 
cc2096 said:
Hey Rash, how do you like the LifeDrive? I was thinking about getting one, whats your opinion?

Nice setup btw:cool:

The Life Drive is fantastic, I used to have the hp 4700 Pocket Pc which admittedly had a bigger/higher res display but i needed a pda that was fully compatible with my Imac. Ignore what you read about people having problems with their lifedrive (they wonder why their old software doesnt work!!) If you stick to the compatible software you will be ok. The screen is very bright, there is hardly a lag issue with the hard drive. Movies run great and silky smooth, great for web browsing, you get all the office software you need with it, Pocket tunes is great. It is far simpler to use than pocket pc. Its the best pda i have owned (I have gone through a lot of Pocket Pcs, Palms and clies) The only downer is the 320x480 display for web browsing but you cant have it all!
 
jeez guys, its getting to the point where dual dell 20's or 24's just don't impress me anymore.....ive seen sooo many of these now.


anyone got a nice quad setup i could see in these?
 
Defyant said:
jeez guys, its getting to the point where dual dell 20's or 24's just don't impress me anymore.....ive seen sooo many of these now.


anyone got a nice quad setup i could see in these?


Yeah... quad setups that form one big square. I haven't seen any of those here. All they have are LCDs in one row side by side. The setup should be two LCDs side by side and then two more LCDs on top of those two LCDs. Damn... pretty cool. Who's up to the challenge? Not me... I have no cash. :eek:
 
Defyant said:
jeez guys, its getting to the point where dual dell 20's or 24's just don't impress me anymore.....ive seen sooo many of these now.


anyone got a nice quad setup i could see in these?

That may be so... but I still love mine, and just got them set up! (except they will be packed away again in 1.5 weeks to take to college, but yeah)

p72901115iz.jpg


sorry for the mess there... but like I said, I'm about to pack them away anyways. And notice my old 2nd moniter in the background... 17" crt. My primary was a 19" crt, but thats inthe basement now because it took up the whole space behind the left 2005fpw
 
ds- said:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5113/room9kn.jpg

My Harman Kardon reciever hasn't arrived yet, so don't have my 5 Athena speakers up yet.

ds- is that a lg crt?! what size is it? do you use it as your main monitor?
 
Wesley1357 said:
ds- is that a lg crt?! what size is it? do you use it as your main monitor?

Yup it is a 19" LG Flatron F900P CRT. I love it. This is my main monitor as it was the first one with this set up. Very good 19" monitor. Played a lot of games with it over the years.
 
Looking at all these setups... I just had a stupid idea...

Why don't we make a thread titled....

SHOW US YOUR MESSY SETUPS!!!

ehehehhe...! :eek:
 
Punx_Clever said:
sorry for the mess there...

I love the Windows98 Box in there, and the cape cod potato chips just add a level of reality. ^_^ (i love cape cod origional potato chips, YUM)
 
I've got a windows 95 box laying around somewhere, and all the disks to MSDOS 6.x somewhere as well, 2 or three 98se upgrade disks... yeah, lotsa old OS disks.

As for the chips... I like em, but damn that first taste sucks, after that they are good though.
 
YOHAN14344 said:
Looking at all these setups... I just had a stupid idea...

Why don't we make a thread titled....

SHOW US YOUR MESSY SETUPS!!!

ehehehhe...! :eek:


Well - not everyone's are messy... and that's a sort of relative term... but we do get a little glimpse of everyones "den" or "computer lair", what-have-you. :)
 
TSS Modder said:


thyr not 4 x 24's exe's is nice but thyr all smallish 19's :( altho its great looking setup.

dosnt dell sell 19's now for a mere few hundred dollars???

you could have a 10 mon setup for a few grand now! amazing!!! :eek:

i love slicks setup, awsome looking but again thyr all 20's? with a single 24..



With the prices Dell are setting for monitors now lets hope that a decent quad 30" set isn't too too far away.
 






Just a temporary home for my PC before it's carted off to its intended home at school. Also, can't get any shots of the monitor displaying anything because my video card is somewhere in one of Newegg's California warehouses :( . Also, no digital camera, so the pics are low quality camera phone style, but they get the job done.
 
Back
Top