• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

those of you w/ Dell 2405 LCD setups... how well does it play WoW, HL2, etc.? I'm in the market and I'll be building a new PC soon w/ a BFG Tech 7800 GTX OC. Running in the native res are you getting good smooth framerates?
 
Xan said:
those of you w/ Dell 2405 LCD setups... how well does it play WoW, HL2, etc.? I'm in the market and I'll be building a new PC soon w/ a BFG Tech 7800 GTX OC. Running in the native res are you getting good smooth framerates?
if i just spent 600$ or more on a graphics card, itd better play damn smooth on anything i throw at it... :eek:

 
Xan said:
those of you w/ Dell 2405 LCD setups... how well does it play WoW, HL2, etc.? I'm in the market and I'll be building a new PC soon w/ a BFG Tech 7800 GTX OC. Running in the native res are you getting good smooth framerates?


WoW at 1920x1200 running with all settings maxed. It runs just as good as when i was running it at 12x10 reso. I do have a 7800gtx though. This is worth the money. Buy the 2405.
 
Damm theres some nice LCD setups here!!! those dell 24's are sexy in multi format.


mines a bit of a ride soz guys..... i call it desktop evolution, its an on-going mod in itself .

I work and own my own biz wich now includes multimon setups.


started way back when the old apples 23's were the big screen of the day.


DSC02562.jpg

DSC02564.jpg



i soon upgraded to faster response times and added some smaller extras

8ECV4154.jpg



8ECV4119.jpg



i then decided to see just how many i could easily run of one pc.

One.jpg


same setup but a new modded pc :)


DSCF0020.jpg



5 mons was just too much so it was back to 2


DSCF0773.jpg



2 wasnt enuf so it was back to 3 .


DSCF0012.jpg



the current setup with HPRES2

DSCF0012.jpg


DSCF0002.jpg




oh does this count? its aLCD :D


IMG_1558.jpg



IMG_1556.jpg



IMG_1562.jpg



IMG_1553.jpg
 
what the...
that is SICK defyant. that must be one successful business you have there.

and how did you get that LCD into your case? Is it just displaying system stats all day?
 
that's a lot of lcds, i love those apple lcd. What is it that you do if you don't mind me asking
 
that's freakin insane Defyant!

you're the one to beat now :p thats the best "lcd" set up i seen.

are the two other apple monitors 23? or 20?

also the case is the shit, what are the specs on that monster?


also what the hell did you do with all the old monitors if you kept buying new ones? ebay?
 
Defyant - damn... just damn. nice...

Wondermoose - I dig your matrix theme! I plan on making one with like 4 or 5 lcds all arm mounted and such, like on one of the matrix ships... running the matrix SS and make the desk area clean, but with a post apocolyptic feel... you know, that "civilization as we know it got wiped out and we rebuilt as best we could with spare parts and a welding torch" look. ...er, something like that.. ;)
 
Vat - I have been looking into the deskmount options. The ones I like are pretty expensive though :). I am a 19 year old college student, so just trying to get by lol.

Revenant - Thanks for the compliment, I was really pleased with that particular screensaver...
 
Goat_187 said:
that's freakin insane Defyant!

you're the one to beat now :p thats the best "lcd" set up i seen.

are the two other apple monitors 23? or 20?

also the case is the shit, what are the specs on that monster?


also what the hell did you do with all the old monitors if you kept buying new ones? ebay?

it look like a 30 and a 20, not sure what's the one on the right is, it doesn't have apple logo.
 
dayamdave said:
http://www.mandolux.com/

great link for dual display wallpapers. everything from 1024 - 1920

that 2nd monitor was a rma exchange lol...the one they sent me was crap....at night, watching a movie with a dark scene...the monitor looks grey. backlight issues blow...

awesome awesome website... the kind of thing i've been looking for but haven't found..

thanks for that link
 
intelbrain said:
it look like a 30 and a 20, not sure what's the one on the right is, it doesn't have apple logo.

It looks a lot like the one on the left... but perhaps it appears smaller because of the angle?

Anyways... it looks like a 23" with two 20"'s on either side to me... that 30" is freaking big man... it would dwarf the case next to it. :)
 
When I get rich, I want to do a 6 DELL 24" monitor set up. In the mean time, this is what I am running now:

main_workstation-2005.jpg
 
i still cant get over how incredibly P.I.M.P. that is... :eek:

can we get some more details on that setup please ;) :D
 
Holy Gods, these are some excellent looking setups.

Depending on how many scholarships I get this year, I'll be buying two more 2005FPWs, then running 3x2005FPW + 2x172x + 2x15" Syncmasters . . . but that's still up in the air.

A monitor obsession is healthy :). Excellent setups, excellent setups.
 
SLiCkFX said:
Updated setup

http://www.burntware.com/setup/1.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.burntware.com/setup/4.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

What did you update? :confused:


Yours was the pimpest until [B]Defyant [/B] posted his ;) I still prefer the 3 apple monitors over 359,804.54 dell ones.
 
Goat_187 said:
Yours was the pimpest until Defyant posted his ;) I still prefer the 3 apple monitors over 359,804.54 dell ones.


I have a sneaking suspicion that you would change your opinion if someone set up 359,804 and a half (roughly) Dell monitors. That would be . . . amazing. You could (almost) run at an 800x600 resolution, using each monitor as a pixel.

Man . . .

I will now close my eyes and think about this instead of the work in front of me :).
 
can only imagine his energy bills.

luckily LCD's use a lot less than CRTs, not to mention the radiation they put out
 
mine pales in comparison to some of these, but here it is anyhow:
newrig.jpg


currently a single old apple 23" cinema display, which is great for composing but sucks for games (can someone say response rate?) Probably be upgrading to a dual monitor setup within the next few weeks. Probably end up getting 2 of the new apple 23" unless I can find something better that will still fit.
 
wondermoose, wow.. hehe i never expected to see someone use my wallpaper!

did you find it on interfacelift.com?
 
Here's my desk while I'm home from school:

screens.jpg


The LCD is nothing impressive... but it was cheap. The 21" monitor still beats any image an LCD can produce, especially for the low-low price of $200 Canadian... I can feel the flames already

And yes.. I painted the monitor black. A really bad, shiny, uneven black. I'd fix the paint job but do you have any idea how much weight and annoyance is involved in dismantling something that big? Lots.
 
SLiCkFX back at ya mate! thats one slick looking setup !!!

i did try to get in on the WP dell buy up but got in too late and missed out.

its great to see this healthy obsession being widly accepted now! a few yrs back all i got was riddacule for having such an outragous setup.

I'm glad i can finally share one of my tru passions with you guys :)
 
TSS Modder said:
can we get some more details on that setup please ;) :D

LCD
2x 1704FPT
2x 2005FPW
1x 2405FPW
1x 1800FP (for HTPC)
1x crap 15" Proview (for HTPC)

Main comp: kind of old, but works for me.
Dual Xeon 2.6 @3.1ghz
Asus PC-DL Deluxe
2gb Kingston PC3200
BFG 6800 GT @ ultra (AGP)
Apollo 5700LE (PCI)
Leadtek TV tuner
2x 74gb Raptor
Maxtor 250gb 16mb, 200gb 8mb, 160gb 8mb
SB Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro

HTPC
AMD 64 3200+ (winchester)
MSI RS480M2-IL
1gb Corsair PC3200
MSI Gefart 6600GT (PCI-E)
Hauppauge PVR150MCE
WD 200gb
NEC ND-3520A
Liteon DVD/CDRW
Hercules Gametheatre XP

Server
Dual P3 1ghz
1.25gb PC133
Geforce 3
2x IBM Deathstar 60gxp (they are still running!)
1x WD 120gb
1x IBM Deathstar 75gxp (still running, I think.)

Mac
Dual 1.8ghz G5
1GB PC3200
Geforce 5200 Ultra
36gb Raptor, Seagate 160gb

Laptops
Dell Inspiron 9200 (2ghz P-M)
IBM Thinkpad X40 (1.2ghz P-M)
IBM Thinkpad T23 (1.13ghz P3)

I have a dual fetish :p
 
Sweet Jesus, SLiCkFX. Think of all the starving Ethiopians! Haha, just kidding. Get a bigger desk, you're running out of space and obviously need some more monitors.

That is truely a beauty to behold.
 
My new ViewSonic VP191b! I love it! Perfect for FPS games!!! ;)


yohanrig1.jpg



These are my specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (939, E3 Step, 2.2ghz)
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
1GB (2x512mb) Corsair TwinX DDR400 (dual channel)
Inno3D GeForce 7800GTX 256mb Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
120GB Maxtor SATA 7200rpm (8mb)
Chenbro Gaming Bomb II Casing (mid tower, aluminum, silver)
485Watts Enermax Noisetaker Series
ViewSonic VP191b (19" LCD, 8ms, Black)
LiteOn 52x CD-Writer
LiteOn 16x Dual Layer DVD-Writer

Accessories:
Zalman CNPS700B-Cu LED CPU Cooler
Zalman VF700-AlCu VGA Cooler
Zalman NB47J Northbridge Heatsink
Cooler Master Cathode Lights (white), IDE Round Cables, 120mm Silent LED Fans, 92mm Silent LED Fan and an SATA Transparent Cable.
Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse (black)
 
One observation after seeing all of these setups.

You guys crack me up with the $2000 monitors, and some are yet using $10 mice and keyboards. Let alone all the iMacs and G4's & 5's laying off on the side of the desk. Reminds me of an old roommate, had to have his old G4 running 24/7, I kid you not, yet all he ever did on it was run AIM. IF that.

Anyways, I'm still stuck on a 19" CRT. Trying to hold off so I can talk the wife into a Sharp Aquos 45" LCD.
 
Wesley1357 said:
szero, what table/workstation is that you got, can i have link to it? thanks.
I've got no idea, I got it a few years ago at Officemax or Staples. Sorry. But, I regret getting it ... :(. Not enough drawers (theres a single cabinet and a filing drawer) and well, I guess that's my only real problem with it.
 
Back
Top