• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dayamdave, why do you have to send the one on the right back? Just wondering.

Oh and BTW, I love that setup. It's so simple, yet the wallpaper gives it that "wow" look.
 
thisisglen-
I'll take some more pictures soon.

andré2005 -
Yes, I love my new printer. It's the EPSON R1800, FireWire, high res, 8 individual ink cartridges and a CD tray so I can print right on my CDs. I love the looks of it too, I call it the tank. :) It was around $550

_Durandal_ -

I think she is beautiful but I was just looking for pictures that would use the full res of the display and stumbled upon her. I’ll see if I can find the site I found it on. It’s on my other OS.
 
Tanquen said:
thisisglen-
I'll take some more pictures soon.

andré2005 -
Yes, I love my new printer. It's the EPSON R1800, FireWire, high res, 8 individual ink cartridges and a CD tray so I can print right on my CDs. I love the looks of it too, I call it the tank. :) It was around $550

_Durandal_ -

I think she is beautiful but I was just looking for pictures that would use the full res of the display and stumbled upon her. I’ll see if I can find the site I found it on. It’s on my other OS.
can you tell me what mount your using? i have a corner desk and am looking for a wall mount
 
Tanquen said:
_Durandal_ -

I think she is beautiful but I was just looking for pictures that would use the full res of the display and stumbled upon her. I’ll see if I can find the site I found it on. It’s on my other OS.
Yeah, she's from ABC's tv show LOST on Wednesday nights. If you get a chance great, if not don't look too hard, but I appreciate it!
 
The Donut said:
My setup.. awaiting my third 2405FPW in the mail..

lcd.jpg

I would return those. You got two massive stuck on white pixels on both of them.
:p
 
TheSpook said:
Just bought the 2005FPW, so I haven't had time to adjust my setup . . .

2005FPW04.jpg


Total resolution: 6288x1050 (1024 in some parts (768 in some parts, too . . . :p ))

i'm going to take some acid and stare at that for hours...
:p
 
d0000d... fractint rulez :) I used to stare at those oozing colors for ... uhm, yeah.. ;)

are all of those monitors on one PC?
 
p0intblank said:
Tanquen: the display on the left is the 2405FPW and on the right is the 2005FPW, correct?


You got it.

I'm tempted to get another 2405FPW when I see them at $850 or so but... That would just be too much. If they ever have a 3005FPW I'll do a 3005FPW X 2405FPW.

My only disappointments are the fact that many of the last few series of Dell displays have stuck on elements and that the 2005FPW has a higher resolution density than the 2405FPW. I had to go through 4 2005FPWs just get one that had only one stuck on. One I sent back had seven or eight that I counted. All look great the first week or so but then they would start to show up on the BIOS boot screens and fad outs in games. Some say it’s bad luck but I have two 1900FPs that I’m typing this on now and many other 18” – 19” LCDs in the office and that we have shipped to customers and no one of them that I’ve taken the time to examine had a dead or stuck element.

But, I love the price (I paid $1600 for my first 18” LCD.) and now that I’ve come to grips with knowing that there is one stuck on (If it were stuck off, I don’t think I could live with it.) element that I mostly never see, I think it’s easily the best setup I’ve had.
 
When you say "stuck", are you talking about dead pixels? I'm really hoping my 2005FPW turns out to be perfect. If it has one dead pixel and isn't that noticeable, I'll consider keeping it. But here's hoping!
 
p0intblank said:
dayamdave, why do you have to send the one on the right back? Just wondering.

Oh and BTW, I love that setup. It's so simple, yet the wallpaper gives it that "wow" look.

http://www.mandolux.com/

great link for dual display wallpapers. everything from 1024 - 1920

that 2nd monitor was a rma exchange lol...the one they sent me was crap....at night, watching a movie with a dark scene...the monitor looks grey. backlight issues blow...
 
revenant said:
d0000d... fractint rulez :) I used to stare at those oozing colors for ... uhm, yeah.. ;)

are all of those monitors on one PC?


Yepp, they're all running off of one machine (check sig for details)

Combined, I have a Radeon³ 28300 Pro w/ 768 MB of RAM. Take that, R520 :p

Edit: On a sidenote, I used Fractal Forge to do the background -- it's the easiest way for me to get wallpapers in the crazy sizes that I need them :).
 
My setup:



modest, but cheap... both are AMD 64 systems, the lappy is 3400+, the desktop is 3000+ Venice core. The LCD is a Proview 17". It's an unheard-of brand, but I got it for under $200 at micro center and it's as bright and clear as any other I've seen.
 
P70710272.jpg


<3

i want another one of the VP171b's, but i cant afford it right now. i love my display setup! This picture is missing my laptop though, its normally on the left
 
setup090705.jpg


With a Dell 24", MX1000 mouse and Logitech Z-5500s I think I'm futureproof for at least 6 months. :p

P.S. The white spot is from back when I was stupid and didn't use a mousepad. :(
 
great setup man! why dont you put your front two satellites further apart to get a better stereo image? looks like you have enough room :]

also, what mousepad is that? im looking for a good one to go with my mx518.
 
ericlikeseatin said:
great setup man! why dont you put your front two satellites further apart to get a better stereo image? looks like you have enough room :]

also, what mousepad is that? im looking for a good one to go with my mx518.
That mouse pad is a RatPadz GS, I also have one.
http://www.ratpadz.com

I belive someone affiliated with [H]ardOCP created the RatPadz.
For the price (10-15$us), its good. Sure beats those cheap OEM ones I had.

Edit: turns out it was designed by Kyle Bennett.
 
Here is my setup, it includes 3 P4 pc's with 1 24", 1 20.5" & 1 20.1" ..and a lot of messy wiring un der the desk that I am determined one day to clean up
office1.JPG


here is another view...
office3.JPG
 
wondermoose said:
Couldnt get the pics to load here, so I only have links sorry:

Before

After

That's all we get:

You don't have permission to access /18/1/64/30/357616430lTeAXd_fs.jpg on this server

have you heard of imageshack.us
 
towert7 said:
That mouse pad is a RatPadz GS, I also have one.
http://www.ratpadz.com

I belive someone affiliated with [H]ardOCP created the RatPadz.
For the price (10-15$us), its good. Sure beats those cheap OEM ones I had.

Edit: turns out it was designed by Kyle Bennett.

What really is the difference of a free soft vinyl pad vs. the above in performance? Especially on an optical mouse which doesn't need a mouse pad to begin with.
 
Happy Hopping said:
What really is the difference of a free soft vinyl pad vs. the above in performance? Especially on an optical mouse which doesn't need a mouse pad to begin with.
to me it feels good to use. Ive had some mouse pads that hurt me. Even one with a gel rist pad.
Its a little bigger then normal, but not too big.
The mouse has a little more friction then normal el'cheapo pads, so your mouse won't go flying arcorss it if you bump it by accident.

And lastly, the bottom of it is well desinged. When you are using your mouse, the RadPadz GS does'nt move on you. It just stays there.

Oh, and I got it for cheap, around 10-15$us.
 
towert7 said:
to me it feels good to use. Ive had some mouse pads that hurt me. Even one with a gel rist pad.
Its a little bigger then normal, but not too big.
The mouse has a little more friction then normal el'cheapo pads, so your mouse won't go flying arcorss it if you bump it by accident.

And lastly, the bottom of it is well desinged. When you are using your mouse, the RadPadz GS does'nt move on you. It just stays there.

W/ a soft vinyl pad, it feel warms when you touch it, and it can land on uneven surface. A pad that is so hard and cold, there is an atmosphere that I don't like. It feel like your hand is on a surgeon's table.

As to the gel wrist pad you mentioned, there is one gel mouse pad in Japan that the Gel part is two exposed cartoon woman's breast, with nipples sticks out, very nice. You can rest your wrist on it.
 
Happy Hopping said:
As to the gel wrist pad you mentioned, there is one gel mouse pad in Japan that the Gel part is two exposed cartoon woman's breast, with nipples sticks out, very nice. You can rest your wrist on it.
Yea, I saw that linked to from [H]ard|OCP, kinda cool. To me the fact that its hard plastic has'nt bothered me, because im working on a flat surface. The temp thing ive never noticed so its not a problem to me.
 
Second 2405 has been ordered. No clue what I am going to do with the samsung 19"

homedesk03.jpg

homedesk.jpg
 
I would post a picture of my current setup, but I'm just going to wait until I order a second 2005FPW. :D
 
Back
Top