Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I used game resolution switcher but I kept getting kicked out of games because it said it was modded.

I then realized that the tv has a function where you can make the image fit unto the entire screen.

I'll take pics tmrw if I can.

MC FLMJIG said:
I used game resolution switcher but I kept getting kicked out of games because it said it was modded.

I then realized that the tv has a function where you can make the image fit unto the entire screen.

I'll take pics tmrw if I can.
Here is how I got my BF2 to work widescreen: "E:\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900

Well its been a while since i posted mine, so here are some updates!

edited%20desk%20panorama.jpg

IMG_2174.JPG

Mr. Miyagi said:
Nice setup ash. :) What happened to the Green Machine?

WHOA how do ya know me? lol :) Well its still at my house. It has no guts right now (I had to give them to my sister in exchange for my laptop when I left for college) but I'm putting together a new system as we speak. I've already got the graphics card, cpu, sound card, and the hard drives. All I need now is the mobo, ram, psu, and dvd/cd drive. So once its up and running I'll take some pics and show ya! :)

EDIT: Also if you want to know the specs for the new system they are in my signature.

Small world. ;) I was at Twisted Forums for a while and remember your mod. :p Can't wait for the updated pics. :)

towert7 said:
Look's like someone is a Star Trek fan ^_^. I like it!

Nice setup you have there. Looks really comfy

haha i love star trek, my girlfriend got them for me for xmas, she said even though she was getting them for me it didnt mean she would watch them! hahah

And yah it does kinda look like a fridge... how do you like the Alienware workstation case next to it?

piako said:
i mean these triangle silver things, i like how they look :)

They are the head on the little bolt that goes thru the panel and the glass. I actually didn't like them and was planning to replace them with normal bolts when I put in my new glass that I am planning on doing to get rid of that blow hole in the glass that is there now.

yeah, messed up earlier. here it is...
lcdsetup.jpg

ergotron workstand on base with casters, viewsonic vp171b atop and and lian li tower in back.

Pic0189.jpg

LittleMe said:
What's the resolution on that 26" Dell TV?

A very sharp and crisp 1400x800 widescreen...and games are a super nice 1280x768 widescreen...DVI input and my 7800 GT's in SLI that has VIVO makes it possible...

LittleMe said:
Do you get a screen door effect with that lower resolution or any other problems from it?

Not even close... it looks better than my old Dell 17" Ultrasharp. I had no idea 1400x800 was a 'lower resolution' , even for a 26 inch. Its a near perfect widescreen aspect ratio. My games are simply magnificent on this screen. Doom 3 ran 1600x1024 on this screen flawlessly. There's no ghosting or blurring with fast moving games or movies. One of Dell's selling points for this screen is that it makes a perfect pc monitor and includes DVI, VGA, S-video inputs not to mention HD for multimedia. I have PBP (Picture By Picture) functionality that lets me watch TV and have my desktop up at the same time.
It was this or the Dell 2405 and in my opinion this was the much better buy for what I do with my PC. Not to mention more aesthetically pleasing.

Edit* A Nice Dell 30" will replace this one in about 6 months. It wasn't out yet when I got this.

Not trying to put it down but was wondering. I have a friend looking into buying one as a monitor and didn't know if the pixel pitch would be a problem up close (about 2 feet away).

Back