Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

LittleMe said:
That looks incredible Rash. How long did it take you to run the wires through the wall?

It took a couple of hous all together, had to extend the red and white 360 sound cables aswell cos the main 360 wire is really badly designed if you picture and sound hardward are far away from each other, still waiting for the decorators mate to dry so i can sand it to a smooth finish, then a coat of paint, about 5 more minutes of work should do it lol! I really hate wires, i got the dining room 26" lcd tv to wall mount and hide wires next week! Then its the living room 40" lcd tv!!

Just be aware of your homeowners insurance or rental agreement before placing electrical wiring (power cords) inside your wall. Depending on what jurisdiction you are in, it might violate the building code. Also, if the power cord is found to be the cause of a fire, your insurance company may not cover your loss.

It would be the safest and responsible to either do it your yourself or have a professional add a power outlet directly behind the monitor/tv so the power cord won't be visible.

But I digress, even the pros and enthusiasts argue about this subject:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=670683

How do you people deal with having your monitors way above your eye level? It hurts my neck just looking at it.

Picture008.jpg
not much but hey bitches i got an LCD

a 16 year old can only afford so much

bg_dell3007.jpg

Just got my new Dell 30" 3007 panel.. loving it so far. The sharpness of the native 2560x1600 widescreen resolution has to be seen to be believed. I did have to move it back about 3 feet from my viewing position to be at optimal range and not hurt my eyes.

As far as dead pixels go, how are these big 30" monitors performing? I had to replace my 2005FPW 2 times before I got one without dead pixels!

My 3007 arrived with zero dead pixels and is just about perfect in every way. I was excited about that!

saltiness said:
How do you people deal with having your monitors way above your eye level? It hurts my neck just looking at it.
A tilting comfortable office chair!!

desertcoyote said:
Just be aware of your homeowners insurance or rental agreement before placing electrical wiring (power cords) inside your wall. Depending on what jurisdiction you are in, it might violate the building code. Also, if the power cord is found to be the cause of a fire, your insurance company may not cover your loss.

It would be the safest and responsible to either do it your yourself or have a professional add a power outlet directly behind the monitor/tv so the power cord won't be visible.

Having lost my home to a fire and seeing first hand how the insurance companies will try to screw you out of evey dime they possibley can, I would say this is very good advice.

desertcoyote said:

I do have the correct power outlets behind each monitor, i just put the vga,dvi pc cable and the 360 component cables behind the wall, is that safe or do i need to duct them?, its a hollow wall with no insulation, u got me worried about them now!! Im talking UK Regs here aswell.

Gussboy said:
bg_dell3007.jpg

Just got my new Dell 30" 3007 panel.. loving it so far. The sharpness of the native 2560x1600 widescreen resolution has to be seen to be believed. I did have to move it back about 3 feet from my viewing position to be at optimal range and not hurt my eyes.

how dows quake 4 run on that?

Everything runs smooth as butter at 2560x1600. I have to turn off AA with a few games to get best framerate such as Oblivion. But when I toggle between AA and no-AA at such a high resolution as 2560x1600 the jaggies are not even noticable anyways.

saltiness said:

If you have a reclining chair, and the top is used as a TV, I could see how it could work.

Rash said:
I do have the correct power outlets behind each monitor, i just put the vga,dvi pc cable and the 360 component cables behind the wall, is that safe or do i need to duct them?, its a hollow wall with no insulation, u got me worried about them now!! Im talking UK Regs here aswell.

Rash to be honest I'm not sure about the UK. Hell, the building codes are different from city to city in the US. In some areas, any wiring has to be in romex or some type of duct or a certain gauge or shielding, like I said it varies from city to city.

Read your insurance policy, talk to some local electricians... etc. That's the best advice i can give you.

Just got the third one the other day. I have to remake my ultra complex mounting bracket (aka a 2x4) so I can have the 2405 flush against the wall and the 2 2001 wings be semetrical...kinda wierd to crane my head all the way to the right when I'm normaly looking almost between the 2 on the left (which is what I used to use)

My 2405 mounted on an Ergotron Neo-Flex...

59340577.IMG_0699e.jpg

If you want some kick ass headphones, get yourself these Denon DN-HP1000 cans. After listening to these, they make my $100 Sony MDR-7506 sound like cheap walkman headphones.
You can get the Denon's for $160 from SamAsh.

59340578.IMG_0704e.jpg

59340579.IMG_0705e.jpg

Nice setup, man. I have the Sony MDR-V700 and let me just say they sounded good when I didn't know better. It's crazy, but I get better bass from my $50 Sony EX51s Fontopias than the V700 which are designed for DJs. THey look nice, but damn uncomfortable as you know (same swivel cup design, probably same manufacturer). Hardly use them anymore and I'm either using the EX51s or my external speakers in the Logitech z680s which are just phenominal and unmatched, IMO.

EDIT: whoops. Went on a tangent and forgot to ask if those pedals belong to some Ferrari simulation wheel setup. Momo?

a ronin said:
EDIT: whoops. Went on a tangent and forgot to ask if those pedals belong to some Ferrari simulation wheel setup. Momo?

Those pedals go with my Logitech Momo Force Red. The discontinued one that has a leather wrapped steering wheel. I have two of them.

ATC9001 said:
Just got the third one the other day. I have to remake my ultra complex mounting bracket (aka a 2x4) so I can have the 2405 flush against the wall and the 2 2001 wings be semetrical...kinda wierd to crane my head all the way to the right when I'm normaly looking almost between the 2 on the left (which is what I used to use)

Where did you get that clear computer case?

MaX800XT said:
My 2405 mounted on an Ergotron Neo-Flex...

59340577.IMG_0699e.jpg

If you want some kick ass headphones, get yourself these Denon DN-HP1000 cans. After listening to these, they make my $100 Sony MDR-7506 sound like cheap walkman headphones.
You can get the Denon's for $160 from SamAsh.

59340578.IMG_0704e.jpg

59340579.IMG_0705e.jpg

Hey, where can I get that screensaver?!?

I am in LCD heaven right now! Got my 215TW all set (and switched my main desktop system from a powermac g4 to a MP system. This thing is awesome, portrait mode was friggin cool. I can see myself getting another 21" or 24" LCD soon :D

desk26vg.jpg

Shown with my Hitachi 17" LCD (I think I am the only one that owns one of these...)

bandit390 said:
Where did you get that clear computer case?

I got mine at newegg, just checkout their all acrylic cases (search for ATX cases and use acrylic for material)

Cost around 60-70 bucks and you gotta put another 20 or so in for fans and grills.

briang said:
I am in LCD heaven right now! Got my 215TW all set (and switched my main desktop system from a powermac g4 to a MP system. This thing is awesome, portrait mode was friggin cool. I can see myself getting another 21" or 24" LCD soon :D

desk26vg.jpg

Shown with my Hitachi 17" LCD (I think I am the only one that owns one of these...)

I wish I had that setup for work. Not the LCD's though, the bottle of Jack!

a ronin said:
Nice setup, man. I have the Sony MDR-V700 and let me just say they sounded good when I didn't know better. It's crazy, but I get better bass from my $50 Sony EX51s Fontopias than the V700 which are designed for DJs.

I was using the V600 about 2 yr. ago. It's okay, but it's 44 ohm, quite high to run my portable MD. I switch to V900 and never look back. The folding design is by far the very best in all the brand new. It's easiest to carry for work out at the gym. And nice freq. response range at only 19 ohm or so.

haha...actually the wires dont get in my way. they are pretty far back from where my feet are. the pic is at an akward angle so they look closer. but yeah i gotta fix that mess...its an eye sore.

board2death986 said:
i think you can add custom backgrounds to your loading screen, that is probably something he added himself.
i figured it had to be something like that. didnt Asus have something that could change the boot screen? of course i could just be crazy. ;)

Back