Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

All you need now Zorn is some cable management :)

Ha, exactly. I am terrible at it and have very little patience for tying cables, so it ends up a mess. I need to get someone that knows how to do it well :p

IMG_5345.jpg

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5353.jpg

^-----I dig that.

I love the monitor mount. With the high chair it must be super comfortable.
Looks like you could use some privacy through that window though... or maybe its the other way around? :p

Do you have any info for rewiring headphones? I have a 5.1 set with a mic that is ripped out of some control board. There are like 9 wires sticking out.
I assume I can go inside and try to follow the wires out. My ultimate goal is to remove the mic and the rest of the extra speakers, leaving one in each ear. Should I just leave the biggest ones?

Yeah, I should get the fiance to make me some sweet curtains. The windows do have mini-blinds that do a pretty good job when I feel like closing them.

The setup is really comfy. the monitor is not actually mounted to anything. It is resting on an ikea shelf with a lip in front to keep it from sliding down. The stand broke when I was moving, but the screen was still fine so I stuck with it.

On the sennheiser cans you just pull the cable out and plug the new ones in.

In that pic I have the Clou Blue Jaspis cable on the hd600:

Alright guys I just bought a new mac mini and things are getting settled down now. Previously it was the 13" MBP you see on the desk but now I can finally make use of both my 2209WAs at once!

I like the setup a lot, even though it pales in comparison to some of the other setups I see on here. The bar in this thread is definitely very high, hopefully my setup is adequately [H]!

201109100017.jpg

Yep that's a wacom tablet pen between the monitor and the ipod- I have an intuos4 wireless for photo editing (you can see it in its case on the floor next to the TV stand in the 3rd pic)

201109100019.jpg

I am pretty happy with the cable management, I bought those velco cable ties from monoprice (along with other cabling) and they really help, especially in binding together the huge bus of cables that runs onto the desk to power the monitors (plus a USB cable so I can use the USB ports on the monitors too). They all run behind the rear right leg of the desk (with the velcro strapped on it) so it looks very clean from the front.

201109100026.jpg

The mini itself sits in the TV stand- I have a short HDMI cable that runs from the TV to where the mini is. The little white thing is an external blu-ray reader. In a perfect world I can connect the mini to the TV (instead of the portrait mode monitor) and hook it into my 5.1 setup (Klipsch Ultra5.1) and play Blu-rays or other media. It works with my Snow Leopard laptop, but not my Lion mini due to bugs in the OS. Please excuse the funky color cast on the monitor in this pic- it was a badly botched photoshop job trying to paste in brighter screens from a different exposure :).

201109100036.jpg

Here's something fun I did the other day with my wacom tablet :). Once you customize your control scheme, you can accomplish quite a lot with just the tablet and no keyboard. I was torn between getting the apple wireless keyboard and the wired one- I eventually settled ont he wired one because I really enjoy having the extra keys + number pad. If I really will make use, I might buy the BT keyboard later on too.

Hope you enjoy the pics, I have enjoyed browsing this thread for many years now (might even have some pics of my older setups back there somewhere).

P.S. specs on the mini:
2GHz quad core i7
8GB RAM
240GB OWC Extreme Pro 6G SSD
750GB 7200rpm HDD

Ruahrc

Yep it's the wireless one. If you look on amazon the price difference between the intuos4 medium and the intuos4 wireless is only $7 - so I thought why not get the wireless one and get the option for both wired or wireless operation? The active area size between the two is virtually identical

Ruahrc

Nice setup. What size is the TV? And what's that thing near the left speaker, with a volume control on it?

37" and a yamaha rp-u100. Google it. I've had it for ten years. Never owned a soundcard.

Interesting, but it seems it has been discontinued for some time...

Last edited:
Just finished my 2011 IT-update. Here we go...

DSC01417.jpg

This is the "classic" DELL 20/30/20-Solution and a 2x2 array of 23"LGs - all powered by one PC (4 Nvidia Cards).

The best conservative classic setup that I have ever seen. Is that a loft style apartment, if so, could you post more picture of your loft?

mine Nvidia - 3x Samsung 24" 1920 x 1200 @ 6026 x 1200

IMG_1828-1.jpg

wifes ATI - 3x Samsung 24" 1920 x 1200

IMG_1793-1.jpg

our "cafe" setups

IMG_1784-1.jpg

Nvidia - 3x Viewsonic 23" 120mhz 3D

IMG_1783-1.jpg

ATI - 22 x 24 x 22

IMG_1790-1.jpg

Last edited:
What tablet so that and does Windows 8 support ARM yet? Wonder if I can load it on my Asus Transformer?

It's the Transformer's bigger brother the Asus EP121 which is an Arandale i5 x86. My understanding is that Windows 8 ARM won't actually ship as a user installable package.

Just got this setup going in the past couple days. I still need to do wire management to clean it up a bit. I'm waiting on some cables from monoprice before I can complete that.

Monitors are 3x Asus VE276Q currently running off of a 6870 1gb. The 6870 is the placeholder for me until 7xxx series come out from AMD.

Man, I LOVE eyefinity. I really don't see myself going back to single screen gaming, until something better comes out, of course.

obutto_eyefinity_bezelcorrected.jpg

And here is a video the first night I got it setup, before I adjusted the monitors to line up properly...sorry for the overexposure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnL9dthRgUU

@Haste266

don't ya just love being able to see other cars on your side without having to push a button to "look to the right" ! hahaha

@Haste266

don't ya just love being able to see other cars on your side without having to push a button to "look to the right" ! hahaha

its unbelievable! haha. ive been doing that exact thing in racing games for years now...it's so nice. i also love how easy it is to tell where i am on the track too. if i happen to spin out i can immediately get going in the right direction.

me at wonderworks in orlando FL. Makes my 3x30 portrait look small haha

253670_10150656502940328_745780327_19108716_154321_n.jpg

my setup, still have to setup the 5.1's as we just moved

setup2011.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for enlightening insert, it's nice in that rare once in a while to see a piece of technology actually appreciate in value.

Back