• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

The 17 " Dell is connected to the same computer as my eyefinity. I actually use it for monitoring and watching movies while playing games


How is that GT 240 for a Physx card? I have a similar setup and have been looking at getting a GT 240.
 
How exactly do you have it hooked up . been thinking that that would be great for running teamspeak3 while gaming.
 
The GT 240 is a pretty decent compliment to my HD 5870. Unfortunately I need another hd 5870 to raise my min fps on batman aa. With physx set on high it min 15fps avg 50 max 80.

The Dell 17" runs alongside my eyefinity. It's hooked up to the GT 240.
In order to get it to work I had to mess around alittle. You have to setup eyefinity first with that LCD disabled then enable it after eyefinity with bezel comp is set first. Then you have to reenable it and adjust the Rez and move it in windows desktop manager. After that you save the profile in ati catalyst. After playing in eyefinity it resets and the monitor gets move so it's to the left of my eyefinity setup. All I do is load my profile and it ends up on top where I put it the first time. It's a pain but the only way I got it to work. Well worth the hassle.
 
This was my old setup. EVGA GTX280 + 9500gt. Dell 2407wfp-HC center + 2 Dell 2007fp + Dell s1709w running left for dead with SOFTth. taken with my phone

IMG_0187.jpg
 
3x 23" NEC IPS monitors set up for NV Surround. Setup is a bit too wide for the camera but it works for me. :)
TripleNEC_NVSurround.jpg
 
So is that Chief KTA325B not a complete stand? I see it listed as only a pole, not a stand. Thanks!

Technically there are 3 parts: KTA325B, KTA1028B, KTA1002B. I ordered these parts for the stand from Thenerds.net and got $10 off with this coupon code TWITTER10. I can guarantee they will fit your 23" displays but make sure you have a friend helping as during several instances in the assembly, two pairs of hands will be absolutely necessary.

Assembly notes:
-Having extra washers helps with attaching the arm to the pole. Fits the space in between better and gives you a tighter fit.
-Having 2-1/4" diameter clamps helps to make sure the arm doesn't slide down the pole after you add the weight of the monitors to it.
 
Got that 60" mitsubishi dlp from that dell deal. I don't have any movie pics yet, but I did play xbox live and the wii on it...

Sdc11737.jpg


Sdc11741.jpg
 
God damn it! Im jealous of your giant super mario bro. Reminds me when i was a kid :(.

BTW, were you using simulation or you still got the original catridge game??
 
what are those speaker isolation blocks ? make/model where you get them from.

been looking for something like for AGES ! :eek:

cheers

You know you can get Styrofoam blocks from any shipping outlets, cut them to the size you need, paint them (or get black blocks), and then shrink wrap them (you want to shrink wrap unless you want a mess).
 
what are those speaker isolation blocks ? make/model where you get them from.

been looking for something like for AGES ! :eek:

cheers

Not sure what Jamiee is using, but you can get Auralex MoPads for $30 on ebay if you can find an auction or $40 BIN.
 
Hey everyone! First post on this thread, love everybody's setups. Mine is still a work in progress need a bigger desk. And a better camera.





 
Last edited:
what are those speaker isolation blocks ? make/model where you get them from.

been looking for something like for AGES ! :eek:

cheers

The isolation platforms are the Primacoustic RX7 Recoil Stabilizers (Horizontal version)
You can find more info about them here: http://primacoustic.com/recoil-specs.htm

The base foam is quite dense with a 1/4" metal plate formed over the top and a thin rubber type pad on top of that.
 
I just got 3 of those myself well worth the investment. I play xbox 360 on my right screen so I l got that to extend my monitors. That and I love the floating effect. So much desk space.

here is my update. :D

IMG_20100816_175530.jpg


IMG_20100816_175612.jpg


IMG_20100816_175543.jpg


i quit wow several months ago, what a waste.

IMG_20100816_175604.jpg



Overnite Express is awesome.

overniteexpress.jpg
 
room005c.jpg


3 P2310H screens on a Chief KTA325B mount.

vjcsmoke mentioned needing more than one person to mount his screens on this mount. I had absolutely no issue mounting mine by myself. I also didn't need the washers he mentioned. Your experience may vary. I'm going to create a thread for a mini review of this mount.
 
God damn it! Im jealous of your giant super mario bro. Reminds me when i was a kid :(.

BTW, were you using simulation or you still got the original catridge game??

It's on Wii Virtual Console.

A few more pics of my 60"...

These pics are awful, taken quickly with flash, which would obviously dilute image quality on a dlp. But here ya go.

Two from Directv HD:

Sdc11743.jpg


Sdc11751.jpg


Two from bluray discs:

Sdc11756.jpg


Sdc11766.jpg
 
I am in the process of converting a guest room/trash dump (stupid people) into an office room.

The only pics I am showing right now is the 3 gaming servers (One tf2, and hopefully 4+ goldsrc servers assuming I can virtualize).

The room is dirty, I get it. It's going to be cleaned. I've only set the desks down and the computers. I need two more monitors.

Here ya go.

Sdc11774.jpg


Sdc11773.jpg


Sdc11772.jpg


The two goldsrc servers are an eee box, and an athlon 1800+. The tf2 one is a athlon 3200+.
 
I am in the process of converting a guest room/trash dump (stupid people) into an office room.

The only pics I am showing right now is the 3 gaming servers (One tf2, and hopefully 4+ goldsrc servers assuming I can virtualize).

The room is dirty, I get it. It's going to be cleaned. I've only set the desks down and the computers. I need two more monitors.

Here ya go.
The two goldsrc servers are an eee box, and an athlon 1800+. The tf2 one is a athlon 3200+.

WOW Look at that layer of shit on the keyboard! :p And here I was bitching about mine.
 
Wow, that is a great set-up. I like the amount of technology and geekiness, but balanced with a great sense of style. Nice work!

What's impressive is his cable management with a glass desk!

Thanks... It was not so difficult as I thought before put all stuff in the room, but It´s needed bigger care about the cables... one "out" and it will be the One that everbody will see. :)

But I like the visual too.. I think it´s clean... I still need to buy some decoration to the room, but now I´m playing and working, so I´m happy ! :D
 
Back
Top