• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

lesman said:
For 825 dollars? Are you kidding? All that for 825 dollars, and I begin to wonder if that 2gigs of RAM and that FPW and pretty much the rest was made in a Korean sweat shop or something....

It is the power of the Dell $100 concession codes ;)
The 8400 system itself with X800xt (25% off code, $150 rebate, $100 code) then sold the free 17" panel upgrade for $225
Then added to the system
Seagate 200gig drive on sale for $138 - $100 code = $38
PC3200 512meg ram on sale for $111 - $100 code = $11
PC3200 512meg ram on sale for $111 - $100 code = $11
Klipsch 2.1 system on sale for $134 - $100 code = $34
2005fpw on sale with 35% and $35 DPA coupons - $100 code = $354 (plus got a $35 off $35 coupon for future)
 
magnetik said:
Why they gotta be Korean sweatshops? :) Koreans don't need sweatshops.. we got robots for that.

(me Korean)
Ohh, heh heh, sorry, didn't mean any offense or anything! Umm...jewish sweatshops?? Heh heh, I'm jewish!

shadow69 said:
It is the power of the Dell $100 concession codes ;)
The 8400 system itself with X800xt (25% off code, $150 rebate, $100 code) then sold the free 17" panel upgrade for $225
Then added to the system
Seagate 200gig drive on sale for $138 - $100 code = $38
PC3200 512meg ram on sale for $111 - $100 code = $11
PC3200 512meg ram on sale for $111 - $100 code = $11
Klipsch 2.1 system on sale for $134 - $100 code = $34
2005fpw on sale with 35% and $35 DPA coupons - $100 code = $354 (plus got a $35 off $35 coupon for future)

Wow, you did some really good shopping for that stuff man....I say good job, who else is with me?
 
lesman said:
Wow, you did some really good shopping for that stuff man....I say good job, who else is with me?

Thanks, I had fun ordering all the parts and seeing those final prices. It was a fluke that I was able to pick up 7 of the codes. I am down to one $100 code left. :( That one looks like it will be going for a 2405fpw if the right coupons combine for a great price ;)
 
2405FPW is officially on my desk and its awesome

P1000454.jpg
 
Spare-Flair said:
college6ho.jpg

If you count the calculator, I have 6 LCDs in that picture :p

i only count 5.....watch, calculator, monitor 1, monitor 2, and laptop.

Is that a MP3 player next to the mug. If so then thats 6 i also see.
 
BONDS said:
i only count 5.....watch, calculator, monitor 1, monitor 2, and laptop.

Is that a MP3 player next to the mug. If so then thats 6 i also see.

The clock. =0)

[edit] Oh is that what you meant by watch?
 
EGGO said:
The clock. =0)

[edit] Oh is that what you meant by watch?
What's with the gun? Are you planning to take out one of your LCDs or something? :eek:

Pills, booze, firearm, webcam...not a good combination. :eek:
 
Happy Hopping said:
Is that a real gun? Looks ancient style.

lol. I would laugh if I saw that gun pointed at me. :) I would have to ask them if they were with Hawaii-Five-0. haha. j/k my mom has a .22 revolver that looks just like that.
 
Highlife said:
Tylenol, beer and a Gun, whats this? GTA in RL? HAHAHAH

I'm gonna knock back the Bawls you see in that picture for the added caffiene kick in additional to the alcohol and the painkillers...oh yeah, and eat those Nerds too for a sugar high. Then I'm going to put on the Jerk hat, beat people over the head with the guitar, and force them to eat Crest toothpaste while waving the gun madly in the air!!!

*cough*

Sorry. My inner monologue.

That picture was taken during a very stressful paper writing period.
 
Spare-Flair said:
That picture was taken during a very stressful paper writing period.


must be a horrible paper assignment if you were tempted to shoot yourself


:eek:





;)
 
hound said:
Yeah, wondering that, too. Who else saw "Sin City"? *drools*


i did. hehe :p

The only problem with the picture is that she is not looking at the camera.

who else saw "sleeping dictionary"

:D
 
shadow69 said:
Ok, here is my setup. I just received a Dell 3100cn from a recent deal and need to fit this on the desk somewhere (the color laser is the size of a mini fridge)





OMG, this printer makes anything on the desk look so small. It looks like I will have to move it on top of another table against a the back wall and run a network cable.


PCsetupa.jpg
 
BONDS said:
hey, what kind of a monitor that is. I see that it is a Sharp. Is it a tv/pc monitor???
you really really didnt have to quote that entire freakin pic to ask one stupid question, you know.

you couldve simply asked 'what kind of monitor is that' since youre the first poster after him. :rolleyes:
 
TSS Modder said:
amen. probably the best PDA ever made... too bad HP f'ed em all up now... :(
i switched from a clie ux50 to a hp4700, and i am pretty pleased with it so far, dam good battery and good size screen :D
 
Here's my setup. Compared to some of the setups I've seen in this thread, there's really nothing special or extravagant about it.

The LCD is a Samsung SyncMaster 171S dating from 2001 (has served me very well) and the speakers are the Altec Lansing MX5021.

workstation_april_2005_01.jpg

workstation_april_2005_02.jpg
 
TSS Modder said:
amen. probably the best PDA ever made... too bad HP f'ed em all up now... :(

Have you seen the rx3715 though? I want one badly, but I'd like an hw6500 with wifi even more. Then I could replace both my MPx220 and my 4155 with one device. Would mean I only have to carry around my Canon SD-10, the PPC/Phone, and my iPod mini.
 
Before
prison2.jpg


After
PICT0014.jpg



And yes I'm aware that my desk and curtains are about as crappy as they get but I'm moving soon and I'm not even going to bother making this place look any better...
 
LittleMe said:
Have you seen the rx3715 though? I want one badly, but I'd like an hw6500 with wifi even more. Then I could replace both my MPx220 and my 4155 with one device. Would mean I only have to carry around my Canon SD-10, the PPC/Phone, and my iPod mini.
either way, it still isnt as sleek as the 4150 series.
 
peacetilence said:
Before


And yes I'm aware that my desk and curtains are about as crappy as they get but I'm moving soon and I'm not even going to bother making this place look any better...



looks like you're in a tent.
 
Black out curtains draped sideways and tacked up, but this apartment is so small I may as well be living in a tent.
 
Back
Top