Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

sad but true, you don't post pictures of yourself wearing very gay pants while sitting in bed playing WoW and expect no one to comment on it. There's a reason most people don't include themselves in their picture posts.
 
its actually not WoW. its a "skillful" game called DOTA from wacraft 3: frozen throne.

and those pants rock.
 
board2death986 said:
sad but true, you don't post pictures of yourself wearing very gay pants while sitting in bed playing WoW and expect no one to comment on it. There's a reason most people don't include themselves in their picture posts.
A real man has the balls to wear lame pants :p.
 
board2death986 said:
sad but true, you don't post pictures of yourself wearing very gay pants while sitting in bed playing WoW and expect no one to comment on it. There's a reason most people don't include themselves in their picture posts.
meh atleast he's confident enough to post his pic in some hot pink pants
:p
 
1.jpg


2.jpg
 

Notice Turnabout Courtroom 2, Kino's Journey, and my beloved E1505



It's mounted to the wall. There were NO studs in the wall, so I had to go to Home Depot and pick up some masonry bolts.



Thank you Ebay. The Omnimount was only $35 after shipping, new. It was tough having to drill into the mural wallpaper, but it had to be done.



A picture to show the relation of the futon to the TV. That's a circa 1983 Sony Trinitron (28"). It has a better picture than all of the new SDTV's I see nowadays, I guess they don't make them like they used to.


Same picture, no flash this time. Yes, that is Viva Pinata on the screen. The Xbox 360 is under the futon (on my Go board, to increase ventilation) with some older Klipsch speakers to either side of it. That funky black box just hanging onto the AV wire with the knob is my volume control that I made. Who needs 5.1 when you can instead have "in-your-pants" sound, anyways? :D
 
You all need to chill out and keep this on topic, or we can arrange for someone with "Administrator" as their title to swing through and arrange vacations. Clear enough?
 
Hey Klintor, is it an option to use that dell monitor from far distances to read web pages and do normal stuff? (or is everything to small?)
 
Klintor said:
Is that a 2407? I have been looking high and low for a wall mount that works for it. I have tried two vesa compliant mounts, but none work.

You mentioned it was an omnimount, any certain model number?
 
thefewtheproud said:
thats not a 2407 its a 2007 notice the right side usb ports :cool:
Yeah, it's a 2007. It still rox0rs the 360, though :D

I bought an Omnimount 75/100 (yes, that's the model number) Cantilever mount. You'll probably find one inside RadioShack for $99 (On clearance, no less), but Ebay seems to have them much, MUCH cheaper. On the order of $50-$60 cheaper.

I have a friend with a 2407. Most of the VESA-compliant desk-mount arms didn't work for him, but it looks like mine would fit. The problem is that Dell doesn't give enough room between the screw holes and the plastic, and because the screws are embedded 1/2cm, most mounts don't work. This one should, though, because all it has around the mounting holes is a little bit of metal, not some crazy big metal/plastic attachment like some other mounts I've seen in this thread.

I would definitely try this one. In fact, I believe there is a picture somewhere in this thread of somebody that had mounted their 2407. I don't know what problems you have had, though. The only problem I had with this mount wasn't the mount's problem at all: the wall I put it on doesn't have any studs, just some horizontal straps, so I had to mount it to the foundation (which required me to buy some special wedge bolts).


Oh, and about reading web pages and stuff? Yeah, it works wonders, even at that distance. I have it hooked up to my laptop all of the time, and I'll use it with a wireless mouse to kick back and surf the net. Notice how I folded the arm in the back? If I ever need to (and I have) I can pull it closer and tilt it down for some lazy bedtime surfin'. The only downside to having that LCD mounted is that I had to sacrifice on of my two 2007's from my desktop setup, but ever since I got the laptop, I use my desktop less and less.

This is how my desktop setup used to look, before I removed the top monitor:

(not to self: no flash = A Bad Thing (tm) )
picturetm7.jpg
 
CAN play DVD movies across multiple monitors

got these babies from Newegg with special coupon mentioned on Dealzmodo for $199 each.

FACEAV7L55EUMVDT4H.medium.jpg
 
asskicking all wood room! Monitors great looking in the dark too ;)

p.s. do they sell wall panneling like that or is it more complex than just panels?
 
nintendk: Those are pieces of 1x4 wood (I think..), but Im not quite sure what you mean by panels? I live in Finland, so I dont really know how they build houses over there in the States.. :p

AlmostEvil: Couple of guys made some nice pictures in a Finnish home theather forum, so I went to a photostore with the .jpeg's and they made me some really nice A4 posters. :) Then went and bought three black frames. Easy as that. :D
 
acfou said:
CAN play DVD movies across multiple monitors

got these babies from Newegg with special coupon mentioned on Dealzmodo for $199 each.

FACEAV7L55EUMVDT4H.medium.jpg

What hardware/software is required to do that?
 
aburgard said:
What hardware/software is required to do that?

u know...if u woulda read u woulda seen the link like 2 or 3 posts down..

acfou said:
will play DVDs across multiple monitors -- make sure the monitors are NOT in span mode (in fact WindowsXP Pro) does not offer "span" as an option when the monitors are rotated into portrait.

links to products used for the setup are here
http://www.instructables.com/id/EXLOGYUZR9EUMVDT56/
 
Back
Top