Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

It's usualy not this clean.

DSC01382.jpg


DSC01385.jpg
 
That setup is awesome! screw the cleanliness.. it gets the job done and the job done right

underneath your desk.. you have two black boxes and a silver box next to the subwoofer.. one is the pc.. whats laying on its side? an all black 360? what is it? and the other silver box?
 
JacobC1983 said:
That setup is awesome! screw the cleanliness.. it gets the job done and the job done right

underneath your desk.. you have two black boxes and a silver box next to the subwoofer.. one is the pc.. whats laying on its side? an all black 360? what is it? and the other silver box?

Yes, it is a modded 360. I paitned the shell black and dremel'd the "X" into place. IT lights up with red LEDs when it is turned on. The silver box is the dvd drive to the 360. I took it out so I could put a 80mm fan directly on top of the GPU heatsink.

Pics:
DSC01390600x450.jpg


DSC01388600x450.jpg


Also, here are soem other pics of this room.... Please ignore all the woman's clothing and iitems.... This is the bonus room so I have to share with my mom.

DSC01380.jpg


DSC01381.jpg


DSC01383.jpg


DSC01384.jpg


DSC01386.jpg
 
My set-up

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00668.jpg


2x dell 2005fpw

DSC00678.jpg



New 17 inch iMac with 2.0 Ghz intel core 2 duo processor and old 17 inch dell LCD used for extended desktop-- and my laptop throw around for class

DSC00673.jpg


DSC00674.jpg


Dell XPS 400 with new X1950pro! lovin it!

DSC00669.jpg


I win the mini LCD war!! Creative Zen vision, Ipod video, sony psp, sony DSC-M2 digital camera/video camera, sony DCR-HC32 video camera, cingular 2125, HP pocket PC, and the sony DSC-W1 digital camera I am taking the pics with
I guess the mini photo printer and big printer have LCDs too.. but those don't count I guess
also forgot to put in my nintendo DS lite.. but it was in my bathroom.. gotta do something while doing personal "business" :) j/k

DSC00663.jpg

Sony 60 inch SXRD in my living room with X360
 
For those wondering if the LVM-37W3 fit on a Jerker... It will "barely" fit... but to be safe.. I got the shelf extension.. disregard the hue on the screen.. it had something to do with my aperture on my camera..

Before:

P1010221.JPG


After:

P1010020.JPG
 
magnetik said:
For those wondering if the LVM-37W3 fit on a Jerker... It will "barely" fit... but to be safe.. I got the shelf extension.. disregard the hue on the screen.. it had something to do with my aperture on my camera..

Before:



After:

Excellent setup. Is that 37 inch as easy on the eyes as the 2405 was?
 
ModBoyzz said:
Excellent setup. Is that 37 inch as easy on the eyes as the 2405 was?

yeah.. I think I am still getting used to the size though.. I am sure I will get used to it after a few days. It's a sweet monitor though.. hopefully I don't get bit again by the size bug for a long time. (I thought the 24" was huge when I got it.) heh
 
magnetik said:
yeah.. I think I am still getting used to the size though.. I am sure I will get used to it after a few days. It's a sweet monitor though.. hopefully I don't get bit again by the size bug for a long time. (I thought the 24" was huge when I got it.) heh

Ok, I understand how cool those westys are.. but you had higher resolution with the 2405fpw

If you were going to spend that type of money on a monitor for the pc.. why didn't you just get the 30 inch dell or apple? the resolution is almost twice that of a 1080p LCD... Its not the size bug you need to be bit by, its the resolution bug

if you use it for TV I understand.. but for a gaming computer.. you basically just moved backwards in resolution and by sitting that close it would be pixelated as hell.. I have a 1080p LCD also and its just not for use the close to your eyes- the pixels are just bigger so you see more distortion
so whats the deal?
 
I have a large desk so my westy sits around 3 feet away from me which is perfect. I see ZERO pixelization.

Things I didn't like on the Dell

Red tint.......this blows.....same crap as the 2005fpw I had for a year
Sparkly screen
Odd resolution which no game really supports
Dimmer than my westy 37w3
Very high resolution which means you need to be about 1-1.5 feet away which is too close for me for a 30" screen.



Mac
 
JacobC1983 said:
Ok, I understand how cool those westys are.. but you had higher resolution with the 2405fpw

If you were going to spend that type of money on a monitor for the pc.. why didn't you just get the 30 inch dell or apple? the resolution is almost twice that of a 1080p LCD... Its not the size bug you need to be bit by, its the resolution bug

if you use it for TV I understand.. but for a gaming computer.. you basically just moved backwards in resolution and by sitting that close it would be pixelated as hell.. I have a 1080p LCD also and its just not for use the close to your eyes- the pixels are just bigger so you see more distortion
so whats the deal?

I bought it for 1080p. I plan on getting one of the BR or HDDVD players when the format wars settle a little bit. I still have my 2405 so I am not "replacing" it. The 2405 didn't have HDCP which is needed for the new formats..

Personally I don't think it's "that" big of a difference to go from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080... compared to the benefits of going from 24" to 37". Plus.. the 30" dell cost MORE than the 1099 I paid for the 37".. and a LOT less than the apple... and that's not counting the $$$ I would have to spend to upgrade my video card to play at native res. Plus.. you are stuck at a couple resolutions with the 30". bah.

Another thing.. what kind of inputs does the 30" dell have? Then think about all the inputs the 37" westy has... it was an easy decision.

Oh.. it's far from being "pixelated like hell"... this isn't 1024x768 anymore.

and who said I used it mainly for a gaming machine? :confused:
 
ive actually seen 1028x728 on a 32in? LCD tv. He was at a lan playing BF2 and it looked fine to me. I was was one of these dot pitch/ rez freaks but now its that much of an issue. Inputs/hdcp/other features also play a big role in monitor choice.
 
Real_Bateman said:
What do you think about this one?



Specs:

Workstation:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.800 Mhz
MSI i975x Platinum PowerUp Edition
Sapphire Radeon X1950 XTX
Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro
2GB Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4 DDR2
2x WD Raptor 73,4 GB (16MB) = Raid
ASUS VENTO 3600

DELL 3007 WFP
2x DELL 2007 FP


Server:

Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
2x Geforce 7600 GS
1GB Corsair Value
7 HD combined TB 2.1

3x LG L1811S
1x LG 32 inch LCD-TV (bedroom)


Notebook:

Samsung X1

Very nice setup that you have there. I'm just wondering what mount are you using for the 3007 and the two 2007s? I'm interested in a similar setup myself!
 
magnetik said:
I bought it for 1080p. I plan on getting one of the BR or HDDVD players when the format wars settle a little bit. I still have my 2405 so I am not "replacing" it. The 2405 didn't have HDCP which is needed for the new formats..

Personally I don't think it's "that" big of a difference to go from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080... compared to the benefits of going from 24" to 37". Plus.. the 30" dell cost MORE than the 1099 I paid for the 37".. and a LOT less than the apple... and that's not counting the $$$ I would have to spend to upgrade my video card to play at native res. Plus.. you are stuck at a couple resolutions with the 30". bah.

Another thing.. what kind of inputs does the 30" dell have? Then think about all the inputs the 37" westy has... it was an easy decision.

Oh.. it's far from being "pixelated like hell"... this isn't 1024x768 anymore.

and who said I used it mainly for a gaming machine? :confused:


I understand wanting an HDCP compliant display .. thats why I have mine also, but for a computer monitor I guess I would choose pixel count over sheer "size" any day.. the resolution is far more important when it comes to a computer screen than inches...

besides.. the 30 inch dell is only a couple hundred bucks more than the westy... I guess it just depends what you want to use it for.. its all in the eyes of the beholder... needless to say.. you have an awesome setup..
sorry to cause a comotion.. just curious what you were using a 37 incher for a computer screen.. I guess I use my 60 inch for a computer screen too.. but its just for HTPC use anyways..
keep up the good work!
 
Sgt_Strider said:
Very nice setup that you have there. I'm just wondering what mount are you using for the 3007 and the two 2007s? I'm interested in a similar setup myself!

It is a Ergotron DS100 Triple-Monitor Desk Stand, which is - lets say - "at its limit".

Updated:

backside.jpg
 
Back
Top