bloodhawke83
I Strike Fear into the Hearts of the Masses
- Joined
- Oct 8, 2010
- Messages
- 8,465
all castle sieges are easy, i haven't had any problems taking them. they are also easy to defend, i think the AI is just stupid.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Will a vassal ever rebel? Or at some point can you roll back in and take over fully?
haha, oh ya, they will rebel and rebel at the most inopportune times.
Finally became shogun after a few restarts and defeats. This game is awesome.
/snip.
Finally became shogun after a few restarts and defeats. This game is awesome.
The end was really weird, only 3 factions were left after I steam rolled Kyoto. 2 of us had half the map. While the guy on the bottom with that small island just had his island.
I had maybe 6 full stacks at the end with 2-3 stacks more just for navy.
The navy is useful because it will help prevent them from dropping a land army in your unprotected area. I even kept almost an extra full stack way back just in case because I lost that way once.
The key for me this time was to really build up some stacks before I made the push. During that time you can upgrade cities and work on getting allies.
As for your navy, if you just leave them on each coast (north & south) will they intercept anything trying to hit your flanks?
Cavalry is essentially useless to me in the single player game. The AI just stacks up on Yari ashigaru and even with a full on flank charge, you've barely killed anyone. They need to add lone sword ashigaru into single player imo to even it out a bit.all castle sieges are easy, i haven't had any problems taking them. they are also easy to defend, i think the AI is just stupid.
Cavalry is essentially useless to me in the single player game. The AI just stacks up on Yari ashigaru and even with a full on flank charge, you've barely killed anyone. They need to add lone sword ashigaru into single player imo to even it out a bit.
Hmm... I dunno. I don't have a lot of PvP experience. In my experience in singleplayer though, archers get slaughtered by cav, have an ammo limit which keeps them from being totally broken, and usually I can have 1 infantry unit spread out, charge the archers, and win by a lot. I think they're pretty good how they are right now. They can be very powerful, but they can also be killed pretty easily. I might go for a minor nerf, maybe to accuracy, but I don't think they're too bad.
I think cav is a little weak because they don't seem to be able to charge through and dominate infantry, but they're not armored knights either so that might be more realistic.
One key thing for me is Samurai Archers only. Oherwise I do not really have too much of a use for them.
First, congrats on becoming shogun. How many hours did it take you?
As for your navy, if you just leave them on each coast (north & south) will they intercept anything trying to hit your flanks?
Don't the bow samurai also have significantly better accuracy and power though? Ashigaru archers are not good against units with upgraded armor, at least in my experience. I've found that having some bow samurai mixed in helps a lot.
And the more I play, the more the indirect fire ability of the archers is pissing me off. I'm tired of having the AI shoot up a hill and over the castle walls and still be able to hit my troops accurately, when there is no way in hell they'd even know those troops were standing back there. And why can't guys hide in the castle buildings to avoid archer fire?
sorry if this has been already mentioned
but I want to know how to enable dx11
Been sort of paying attention to this but not been following the thread as I didn't think I'd be getting the game. However, my computer shat its pants and I've had to upgrade to a 2500k which gave me a code for the game on Steam. Worth redeeming or sticking it in the FS/T forum?
If I'm new to the Total War games, as in .. never played one before. Is this a good game to start with? I saw some reviews mentioning that it was a friendlier UI, is that true?
Absolutely. The UI is absolutely outstanding both in usability and appearance. There is also an excellent tutorial campaign to play through to help learn the ropes if you choose.If I'm new to the Total War games, as in .. never played one before. Is this a good game to start with? I saw some reviews mentioning that it was a friendlier UI, is that true?
If I'm new to the Total War games, as in .. never played one before. Is this a good game to start with? I saw some reviews mentioning that it was a friendlier UI, is that true?
Has anyone had the AI assault your castle, then fail to actually advance and attack? I had a huge force assault my full castle (just below citadel) then sit there WAY out of bow range. I sacrified 2 Yari units to try and draw them in, but only a few units came. I had literally every square inch of wall covered by archers (16 units of ashigaru); I'm not sure if they saw that and said, "F it?" Either way, it was annoying as hell to put the timer to x4 and just sit there, waiting for time to expire.
Yeah their assault tactics aren't all that great on normal. But I was more wondering if anyone else had happen to them what happened to me - on the campaign map they assault my castle, but then on the actual battle map they just sat there, way back, not doing anything. Wondering if it is a bug, or the AI saw the archers, decided not to assault and wait to see if I would advance out of the castle?