sharp 32" 4k monitor - who else is planning on getting it?

I've got a Titan. I tried the custom resolution, the screen would just go dark whenever I raised the refresh rate. So far the best I can do is get displayport to run in MST mode and have 2x 1980x2160 screens at 60hz.

Have you tried emailing Nvidia?

And can I ask again what the 2D experience is like?

I've got an ongoing thread with evga and sharp. Not sure what you mean by the 2d experience. At 30hz everything is super choppy. Colors seem a lot better than my 3007wfp-hc not sure how it compares to the newer 30s.

Other random thoughts: monitor depth is half of the 3007. Monitor controls on the right are pretty flimsy. Stand shakes more than the 3007. There is an HDMI DUAL mode which supposedly will allow native at 60hz by using 2 hdmi cables. Haven't figured out how to use it , don't see any instructions anywhere.1080p at 60hz is quite useable and sharp (pixel doubling). 2160p wasn't that big of a wow factor coming from 1600p. Eyefinity allows spanning over 2 monitors... might have to switch to Radeons.

Ugh. If capture cards at 4k were affordable I would. Capture cards that can capture at 2560x1600p at 60fps already cost a fortune.

I mean outside the gaming experience: using you favourite browser, Word, Excel, Paint, etc.

Well, until the refresh rate thing is fixed I'm just using 1080p for normal use. At 2160p 150% font size feels like the right text size but most windows 7 applications aren't sharp anymore.

Well, until the refresh rate thing is fixed I'm just using 1080p for normal use. At 2160p 150% font size feels like the right text size but most windows 7 applications aren't sharp anymore.

So you can't get 4k@60Hz in 2D mode either? That bites. The specification here says the Titan will support 4K, but doesn't mention refresh rate.

Have you tried another DP cable?

Yeah actually bought a 1.2 cable thinking the monitor wouldn't come with one and it works the same.
So far Sharp responded and said monitor hasn't launched in US so can't support it...
Evga told me to try custom resolution which didn't work and nvidia hasn't responded.

I hope it is just a driver issue - otherwise i'll have to punch a baby

Hope you can figure out the issue. Definitely interested in hearing more about your experience.

very odd.. that other guy on the other forum tested a 7970 and only got 30hz.

I have a few 7970s around too - but I don't want to use them :p

you can try the hdmi way.. but i'm sure it is dual screens.

Last edited:
blah (this is from the manual)
for displayport
"Displays using multi-streaming" and "The signals for the left and right screens are both 1920 x 2160 signals"

now if that is something in the background.. that is fine.. but if windows (and games) thinks there are two screen there... that is BS!

blah (this is from the manual)
for displayport
"Displays using multi-streaming" and "The signals for the left and right screens are both 1920 x 2160 signals"

now if that is something in the background.. that is fine.. but if windows (and games) thinks there are two screen there... that is BS!

is this from a LCD's manual?

I think the only way to get it to work like I expect is to use Eyefinity with 2 screens with DP set to MST (multi-streaming) mode as zurv mentioned. If only Nvidia surround allowed it... should be a software fix but they might not support this anytime soon.

Ug, this is sad news. If GPU's treat it as multi-screens, you run into all of the multi-screen issues. :(

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia-mosaic-technology.html

where does one get this stuff? nview?

from the help in NVidia drivers:

"Multi-Display Cloning
NVIDIA Multi-Display Cloning takes advantage of the multi-stream capabilities offered by DisplayPort 1.2 technology. When several DisplayPort displays are connected through the same DisplayPort connector on the graphics card, you can set them up to display the same content.

NVIDIA Multi-Display Cloning is supported on Windows Vista and later operating systems. "

but what we want it:

"Mosaic and Premium Mosaic
NVIDIA® Premium Mosaic takes the multiple GPUs in a Quadro Plex Visual Computing System (VCS) or a dual SLI-capable Quadro configuration and presents them as a single logical Quadro GPU to the operating system.

NVIDIA® Mosaic Technology takes multiple displays and Quadro or NVS GPUs and presents them as a single logical GPU to the operating system. Unlike Premium Mosaic, NVIDIA Mosaic does not offer the synchronized multi-GPU output required for stereoscopic or multi-projector installations.

Either way, you can use multiple displays to create a larger virtual canvas."

so how to we force these features to run on a titan :p

Nview is in the quadro-tesla drivers.. someone do some magic and hack it into titan drivers :)

Last edited:
devastating news to all 10 people who wanted to buy this for gaming

I tried to fudge drivers to get nview (from the NVS, tesla, etc) lines to load up.. but couldn't. yes, I fudged the inf file, but it just couldn't find what it was looking for (failed install... )

I tried to fudge drivers to get nview (from the NVS, tesla, etc) lines to load up.. but couldn't. yes, I fudged the inf file, but it just couldn't find what it was looking for (failed install... )

Did you receive your monitor yet? I was actually able to install nview by just copying the nview folder from the quadro driver into the regular geforce driver folder. I haven't played around with it yet. My guess is those quadro features might be in the driver itself.

Did you receive your monitor yet? I was actually able to install nview by just copying the nview folder from the quadro driver into the regular geforce driver folder. I haven't played around with it yet. My guess is those quadro features might be in the driver itself.

did it show up listed in the Nvidia control panel options? MTS work? it feel ghetto to use 2 hdmi cables (even tho the net effect is the same)

nview from 311.35 quadfro/tesla to 314.22 driver folder?

maybe you should start a new thread about the monitor now that u own it (and I'll have it on Thursday)

you try the pixel clock patcher?

Last edited:
I got a few games to run at 4k60hz by running them in borderless windowed mode. Less than ideal but atleast it works. I tried it on Diablo 3, Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider.

I got a few games to run at 4k60hz by running them in borderless windowed mode. Less than ideal but atleast it works. I tried it on Diablo 3, Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider.

using "2" monitors or just DP cable? Did you try to use that app and force it higher than 30hz?
but even windowed, the display is still outputting 30hz, no?

Just using DP MST mode. Left side of screen is one "monitor" and right side is the other. Its like having 2 monitors without the bezel in between. It is 60hz but you can't fullscreen cause you can only fullscreen to one "monitor" but in Windowed mode I can force it to cover both "monitors". This doesn't work with all games though.

If you're on the Windows desktop and maximise a window, does it maximise to the full 4K monitor or just to one of the 1920x2180 panels?

I wonder if these 4k TV are 60hz? that kinda fps are we expecting for 4k tv content (that won't be around forever)

Just using DP MST mode. Left side of screen is one "monitor" and right side is the other. Its like having 2 monitors without the bezel in between. It is 60hz but you can't fullscreen cause you can only fullscreen to one "monitor" but in Windowed mode I can force it to cover both "monitors". This doesn't work with all games though.

shouldn't be like any other mutli screen gaming? or does the MTS mode get freaky

Back