sharp 32" 4k monitor - who else is planning on getting it?

Pretty silly they are locking 2-display Surround to particular model EDID's and not just allowing 2-display Surround in general.

Last edited:
abouttime2.jpg

abouttime1.jpg

looks like 326.41 did the job for the sharp.. ugh.. after 3+ months i can finally use this monitor.

4K Displays
Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
Extended support for tiled 4K features

Has anyone here hardware calibrated this Sharp monitor and have the calibrated numbers to share? The colors on my Asus 4k seem to be a bit worse than on my Hazro 27" LED monitor

wow.. massive price drop for the sharp.. it is only $3200.. *sigh*

but it makes sense - the asus IS this monitor and was at that price point already.

wow.. massive price drop for the sharp.. it is only $3200.. *sigh*

but it makes sense - the asus IS this monitor and was at that price point already.

That's about what the Asus was going for at Azmaon, when it was backordered. But yeah, sucks for those who bought it prior to the Asus coming out.

Don't worry, it will suck for the rest of us when similar screens are selling for $2k in 12 months too :p

Don't worry, it will suck for the rest of us when similar screens are selling for $2k in 12 months too :p

I'm not sure it'll even be that long... :eek: :). Still, 60hz 4k... at least it's something you'll be able to keep as a "current tech item" for a long time :D, even if you're buying them now at early bleeding edge pricing.

I don't think it will drop more than this still hdmi 2.0 comes out - and god knows when that will be

I don't think it will drop more than this still hdmi 2.0 comes out - and god knows when that will be

1/10 Chance it will be announced at IFA/CEDIA and displays will hit the market in Q4 2013.
8/10 Chance it will be announced at CES 2014 and displays will hit the market in Q2 2014
1/10 Chance it is delayed beyond CES 2014.

Why is HDMI 2.0 so important when Displayport is already here?
Because it will come with the need to develop better timing controllers actual bandwidth limitations on the traject gpu to monitor input isn't a big concern.
You could say we couldn't care less for HDMI 2.0 but the controllers it will bring is what we're lurking for.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

with vbios 80.10.3E.00.1 i can turn my computer on when the screen is on (and in MST mode)

it is only for the titan.. and i got it by msg'n evga. (note the asus updated bios from 8/30 doesn't fix the issue .. that was 80.10.39.00.0a).

so there is a fix out there.. so if you have 4k2k tiled monitor and use NVidia (what else would you use.. ati crossfire sucks)... BUG THEM!!

here is the Titan vbios: http://www.handpuppet.net/wow/update.zip

Last edited:

1/10 Chance it will be announced at IFA/CEDIA and displays will hit the market in Q4 2013.
8/10 Chance it will be announced at CES 2014 and displays will hit the market in Q2 2014
1/10 Chance it is delayed beyond CES 2014.

It was announced during your first 10% chance. Care to speculate on whether you still believe displays will hit the market this quarter now that we know the spec is official?

Back