SENTRY: Console-sized gaming PC case project

Dang man, that looks really nice. I wish my PS4 looked this good and I like how small it is. I am always worried about heat though since my room generally gets warm since I play all day. I already have one SFF but if I decide to do another, Ill have to pick up this case, really like your 'airforce' style setup btw, looks really good!

After waiting patiently for about a year now. I can finally say that lately I have felt a bit inpatient about the sentry not arriving yet. By now 6 weeks have passed since it was originally shipped. Anyway's I hope it'll arrive soon graphic card prices are going up.

Anyway's I hope it'll arrive soon graphic card prices are going up.
Why not purchase one now? Or grab a used GPU to hold you over until the next lineup of Volta or navi cards?

I hope your Sentry shipment arrives soon too!

Why not purchase one now? Or grab a used GPU to hold you over until the next lineup of Volta or navi cards?

I hope your Sentry shipment arrives soon too!
They literally just went up in price. I'll wait to see if they come down a bit

Reactions: RosaJ
like this
Throwing this out there.

Is there anybody that would like to swap my new white case with your black one? I live in San Francisco, USA.

anyone have any better option beside NH L9i - Noctua????????? so hot right nowwwwww!!!!!!!!
I'm going to try out modding the CoolJag Falcon II I'll tell you how that goes. If not like everyone else I will have to go for the NHL9i because I won't be able to afford the Thermolab cooler because the Cooljag Falcon is expensive. I't risky but I have a good feeling about the Falcon II.

I'm going to try out modding the CoolJag Falcon II I'll tell you how that goes. If not like everyone else I will have to go for the NHL9i because I won't be able to afford the Thermolab cooler because the Cooljag Falcon is expensive. I't risky but I have a good feeling about the Falcon II.
What kind of mod? That beast is 70mm tall w/o a fan!

Thanks to absolut_zero I have ordered a Cooljag New Falcon II and got it today from Schneider Consulting (Germany). I was a bit worried about its height but it is very good, around 46 mm. Interesting to see the shop recommend to also buy a slim 100 mm fan for it, seems I wasn`t the first DAN A4 owner there :)

View attachment 17253 View attachment 17254 View attachment 17256

Where did you read it was 70mm without fan?

31-TLYuG3GL.jpg

Ah from the product specs page I read 70mm cooler height and 20mm fan height. Oops, I'll see myself out now... I still look forward to the mod tho!

Ah from the product specs page I read 70mm cooler height and 20mm fan height. Oops, I'll see myself out now... I still look forward to the mod tho!
It's alright. We will see. If it doesn't work I'll have to return it which will cost me around $10 shipping but if it does this coolers has performed a lot better than the noctua for a lot of people on the dan's case.

Remove the top fan and the bottom fins. and place a noctua fan. Heigh should be 49 mm with a little push it should fit. No its not 70mm

I'm not sure if I understood it right, but the space which we designed for the CPU cooler is 48 mm minus the thickness of the powder coating (that is why we recommend only up to 47mm coolers). It means if you will use a 48mm cooler, then it is very probable it won't fit, and if it will, it can scratch the internal paint. You wrote you want to fit a 49mm cooler. With that height you might be already outside Sentry :)

It means if you will use a 48mm cooler, then it is very probable it won't fit, and if it will, it can scratch the internal paint.
That's a bummer. So the DAN HSLP-48 may or may not fit if it eventuates.

That's a bummer. So the DAN HSLP-48 may or may not fit if it eventuates.

Daniel is still at prototyping stage, so there is still a plenty of time to check everything and make eventual changes in his design. We're also waiting for the result of his work.

Reactions: 7x1x
like this
I'm not sure if I understood it right, but the space which we designed for the CPU cooler is 48 mm minus the thickness of the powder coating (that is why we recommend only up to 47mm coolers). It means if you will use a 48mm cooler, then it is very probable it won't fit, and if it will, it can scratch the internal paint. You wrote you want to fit a 49mm cooler. With that height you might be already outside Sentry :)
It's around around 46 mm. based on what other who bought it suggest:

Thanks to absolut_zero I have ordered a Cooljag New Falcon II and got it today from Schneider Consulting (Germany). I was a bit worried about its height but it is very good, around 46 mm. Interesting to see the shop recommend to also buy a slim 100 mm fan for it, seems I wasn`t the first DAN A4 owner there :)

View attachment 17253 View attachment 17254 View attachment 17256

It has a metal holder for the fan in the side that can be removed.

undefined.jpeg

dont try it at home guys,it just wont fit..:shame:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 22.38.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 22.38.12.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 142
undefined.jpeg

dont try it at home guys,it just wont fit..:shame:
Haha. I'm sure I saw a picture from SaperPL and ZombiPL showing small single AIO fitting in alongside a short GPU. I really want to try a large AIO and if I get enough courage might try to see if I could mount it on the outside of the case.

by the way, how to mount a 120mm fan at NH-L9i stably?
is there any other accessories to fix a 120mm fan? now im just using 1 screw to fix it which is very unstable

I'm curious to know how it will compare to the nh-l9i. That will allow a somewhat indirect comparison with the LP53. What cpu are you using?

About how long after order locked status does it change to shipped status or that we get an email saying so?

Greetings From Indonesia.. Finally my sentry is arrived.. Now while waiting my customs sleeving done.. Here my sentry setup..

Sentry No. 0719 said:

Specification said:
Monitor : AOC AGON AG271QG 27' 2K 165hz G-Sync
CPU : Intel i7 6700k
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1080 Founder Edition
MB : Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5
RAM : 2x8 TridentZ 3200
SSD : Samsung 960 EVO 500GbHSF : Noctua L9i
Fan : Noctua NF-B9 Redux
PSU : Corsair SF600

If you're asking about the current shipment, this one in particular is taking the longest for them to process. Be patient.

oogffolgpjk0fmluqhc3.png

Sentry manufacturing process - weekly update

Finally paperwork for the biggest(!) and also the last, 7th shipment is finished and the packages are ready for transport. In the next few days we will send you your tracking numbers (when they will be activated).

ayte4zug3bmc48doy2tg.jpg

memheqx3aq0hbr2xiwdr.jpg

As you know, we are getting to the end of this campaign. Despite this, we are still asking you for your feedback. We are gathering all of your thoughts about possible improvements and we will use them to improve our design in the future. Thanks :)

oogffolgpjk0fmluqhc3.png

Sentry manufacturing process - weekly update

Finally paperwork for the biggest(!) and also the last, 7th shipment is finished and the packages are ready for transport. In the next few days we will send you your tracking numbers (when they will be activated).

ayte4zug3bmc48doy2tg.jpg

memheqx3aq0hbr2xiwdr.jpg

As you know, we are getting to the end of this campaign. Despite this, we are still asking you for your feedback. We are gathering all of your thoughts about possible improvements and we will use them to improve our design in the future. Thanks :)

Can't believe it's the final shipment. I hope you guys take a vacation after finishing the campaign order fulfillment. You definitely deserve it.

Can't believe it's the final shipment. I hope you guys take a vacation after finishing the campaign order fulfillment. You definitely deserve it.

I'm not sure if this will be possible, because preparing next shipments wasn't only thing we were/are doing in the campaign :)

Reactions: Ej24
like this
About the possible hardware improvements.... it is nice to have an upgrade option for the USB front panel cable from USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 gen2

About the possible hardware improvements.... it is nice to have an upgrade option for the USB front panel cable from USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 gen2

Would be nice if we didn't have to make like 15 000 of pcs to order such thing for our case...

I too would like to drop the horrible 20 pin plug for something new, but it's still out of range for us.

In the next few days we will send you your tracking numbers (when they will be activated).​

Good timing for me, hopefully I will get my tracking number soon and by the time the case arrive (I know it can take weeks) Coffee Lake will be available , and I am considering doing a build with i7 8700 (non-k version) and a GTX 1080.

I still want to buy 27" 5K monitor, which is for some reason discontinued from every OEM and very hard to buy.

Back