• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Rule the Seas

lol I didn't see your vote but I agree that other things need to be done before this but I would still like it to be put into the game.
 
I just mentioned that it would most likely be priced too high to be effective compared to awake potions, or it will drive the cost of awake potions and points (as both seem to be connected) up by quite a bit, which is something I'd really rather not see happen.
 
what they should do is lower their real life prices by at least 70 to 80 percent across the board. Except for the t-shirts which is the only tangible commodity.
 
Based upon the most recent displays of business savvy from the RTS administrators (initially removing non-functioning items from the game without reimbursing people for their loss or even acknowledging it as an issue), I really doubt they will adjust their poor pricing structure. To put it simply, they have no idea. Although, to be fair, there may be people out there willing to drop unreasonable amounts of real world cash on points, items and awakes.
 
I think most of the problems revolve around the fact that none of the administrators actually play the game, even in testing. They just do stuff, hope it works, and if there's enough flak from the user base then they either deny it, fix whatever happened or remove it from the game.

I have no plans on putting additional money into this game, beyond RP packs. As tempted as I may be to purchase a training pack and build up my stats to crazy levels, I feel the only way to get the admins to change anything is to withold funds until the game is made acceptable.
 
I say, instead of hacking the game, break into the server cluster and destroy the game and all clones of it. Make them start over, this time actually planning it out. By that I mean not just planning out how to force people into paying for things with real money, but also balancing the game and focusing on its layout & design and display of information.

How long has it been since they changed the lizard logo in the top left? And didn't bother to complete the graphic to the right of it? Careless idiots.
 
Sup guys,

Never had trouble with anyone until now.

I got a message from reissada2k7 asking for money. I was about to send him some cash when I see my log and notice he had just mugged me for 500 stickin bucks. :confused:

I shrug it off and let him now that I was going to give him more than that but since he mugged me I will give him nothing.

I get a replay stating that he already has money and that his gang is better.

I let him know that I really don't want any trouble and now I get this


Title: Re: No Title Sender: [AAE] reissada2k7
Recieved: 25 Oct 2007, 3:12pm

gang wars
i declar war on your gang
tommmorw 4pm

advise?
 
That's absolutely hilarious. I'm actually laughing over that. His gang leader has been notified and he'll be left in the ward for a little while.
 
WAR!!! :)

There leader has not been on for 25 days you may want to contact someone else. I gtg to work ill be back around 9pm.

Later.
 
We have an answer...guess there won't be a war. :(

At least we can still pick on the little bugger that sent the message!


.: Mailbox
Title: Re: War Sender: [AAE] Fred
Recieved: 25 Oct 2007, 6:12pm


the kids an idiot and that message is NOT endorsed by the officers of this gang. I will be having a talk with the young man, meanwhile deal with him as you please.
 
Mehh well I hit him online once or twice if I see him. At least there smart enough not to go to war with us, we would demolish that gang... lol
 
I have questions.... do rating points do anything for your? Also do training boosters like eel blood make training more effective or do they just give your a temporary boost? are there any accessories besides eye patches? When you get up to the upper levels I assume that you can get better weapons and things in the stores?

B-pirate congrats on the new pad. I will be over for drinks tonight to check the place out.
 
John, training boosters make your training more effective. If you use a 25% booster, than each time you train you get an extra 25% stats above what you would normally get. I wouldn't suggest using them until you're at least a level 200 and have a caribbean chain, otherwise they're just too costly to use, and you won't gain that many stats. The only accessories right now are eye patches. As you gain in level you get access to more ports, there is usually a store at each port containing weapons and armor. There is a list of all the weapons and armor that can be purchased, along with level requirements for ports a couple pages back in this thread. If you're interested in getting anything let me know and I should be able to get it for you.
 
Rating doesn't do anything really. But I personally don't do business with people with a negative rating or ill make them send me the stuff first.

There are also skeet earrings for accessories but there a weekly exclusive and go for about 5bill if you can find them.




Side note: Reaper stop gaining levels goddamn it. I will take my #1 spot back soon so enjoy it while it lasts. :p
 
Muahaha, I'm just trying to get into the roost. Once I hit 450 I'm stopping for a while to train. I'll just do crimes, which should only get me 1-2 levels per day. Only 18 more levels to go :D.

Edit: 17 levels to go
 
Yeah I figured that was what you were doing. I just finished training cost close to 10bill total... lol
 
I don't know if I'll spend that much on training in one go, but I have about 5000 points stored up ready to be used.
 
It's because I used
4 Insane Seamans Iron Grub with
1 Moderate Seamans Iron Grub

2 Potent Mantis Extract with
3 Moderate Mantis Extract

Then I trained my speed again with
5 Moderate Mantis Extract

Totals stats are now at 28,190,546


Its was crazy with the strength boosters i got up to 301 percent increase. :eek:
 
I don't want to know what you had to do to get that much money. How many points and awakes did you use in combination with the boosters? And did you go non-stop for the 20 minutes with the insanse potions or did you stop after you ran out of points and awakes?
 
Went non stop. After it was all said and done I used 3900 points and 90 awakes. ;)

Oh and I got most of the money through 50/50...lol
 
I'm always afraid I'll lose a ton of money on the 50/50. That could be due to earlier experiences though...bad memories.

Maybe I should take up mugging and see where that gets me.
 
Where on earth did you get $10b from? I am making a bit over 100m a day, but even at that pace, 10b is a quite a sum.

Edit: Ah 50/50, takes some balls. You must be a lucky son of a b**ch. I have lost around 9 of 10. That pretty strongly suggests that I should not drop billions into that game, unless of course it is a donation to Mello.
 
Yeah I have good luck with 50/50 I always win more than I loose and I have a bit of a system. I just won a 1bill bet. :)
 
What sort of system could you possibly have to ensure that you win more than 50% of the time? Anything must be better than my system of simply sucking.

Good work on the 1b. Handy sum.
 
sweet moses!!!!! awakes are now 40mill =( and it definitely takes the balls that I dont have to play the 50/50. i get lucky every once in a while but i lose for the most part. the highest ive won from 50/50 is like 80mill and even that was scary. i can only buy like 2 awakes a day now which sucks.
 
How on earth does one catch up to some of these guys? I was in the tavern and a couple of guys were talking about their training. One guy stated that he had gone through 25k points and 400 awakes in the last 2 months, another around 10k points and 300 awakes in just 2 days. WTF? They must be pouring a whole pile 'o cash into this game as I am able to buy just 3 awakes per day at the moment.

Hearing that sort of craziness is a little disheartening.
 
It's because I used
4 Insane Seamans Iron Grub with
1 Moderate Seamans Iron Grub

2 Potent Mantis Extract with
3 Moderate Mantis Extract

Then I trained my speed again with
5 Moderate Mantis Extract

Totals stats are now at 28,190,546


Its was crazy with the strength boosters i got up to 301 percent increase. :eek:

Wait, drugs improve your training? Could someone elaborate?
 
They provide a 'boost' to your training gains. For example, if you use a 'potent' booster and train in the area that booster relates to (e.g. strength, defense etc), then you will receive your normal training gains + a % (67% I think from memory) bonus to your respective stats. Therefore, if you train strength and receive 5000 to your stats, you will now get 5000 + 3350 to strength after the booster.

At a large cost and limited duration, it would really pay to stack them as Mello did, so for each booster you use (or 5 boosters) you only have to pay for one lot of points and one lot of awakes. Save your $$$, you will need it.

Note: Only specific drugs (they specify which in the description) assist with training, others just improve your stats temporarily for attacking, defending etc. It would pay to read what each does before investing.
 
To those of you that missed it, a hacker was on tonight and had a whole bunch of money on hand.

I nabbed 28 billion from him.

Although I'm sure there will be a rollback, I took a couple snapshots to preserve the moment :D

mug1ph6.jpg

mug2ug6.jpg



I know it only comes out to about 25 billion, but I bought some points, 10 25% boosters, an evil eye of flames for 1.35 billion, and a precisely coordinated map which I can't really use as my seamanship is 311.
 
well hopefully it rolls back to before i lost most of my money in 50/50 :)

got really bored and only have about 500mil left :eek:
 
I saw your donations this morning and was a little surprised, $27b out of thin air, not too shabby. Nice work on the mugging. How much cash did the guy have out, as in, did you nab it all, or just a small chunk?
 
This episode kinda changed my outlook on this game (as if the dozen or so previous things didn't).

Apparently, there is a person or person who can do whatever, whenever to this game when they feel like it.

At this point I think we are all hanging around more out of morbid curiosity than the 'escapism' of being a 'pirate'.

Meanwhile....where's my paypal number?
 
I'm beginning to wonder if the appeal is actually trying to hack the game. That would be a hell-ton of fun.

I'd give everyone like $100 billion and tons of awakes. Or I'd just up everyone's skills to like 10 million and put a few hundred thousand awakes and millions of points on the market for dirt cheap.

I dunno. Depends on how long I got to tinker around.


Maybe one of these days a genius web designer will hack the game and balance it. :D
 
Back
Top