Rule the Seas

I think I've gotten a cocoa root in the past month...that's it. I got a volley pistol on the lucky dip once!

The items you get from either of those kinda suck. :-(. Wish they'd fix those up a bit, give better items to higher level players and whatnot, or just give better items to everyone!

Yeah I got a bow and arrow the other week. What am I gonna do with that? There worth like $2000 btw lol

OK I guess I have a target on my back what is up with [nv] wēk’sôs? Hitting me while I am online? Guess it is time to train up and (as slow as it is) and get back at him.

BTW The gang is jamming on the levels!! Keep up the good work.

YEAHHHHHHH INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WHAT!!!!!!

Damn the indians. Oh well back to football.

Oh and on the lucky dip deal I usually do pretty good. I usllly get 100k and or some drugs.

Yeah the gang is doing really good. I slowed down on leveling up and thought that I should focus on training a bit more. Other gangs will start noticing us and well, I really don't want to be seen a weakling.

heh i see that those group of guys that left last week are all in envy now...... i guess good for them.

and yea the gang is really progressing, we are now number 18 in the guild list =)))

OK I guess I have a target on my back what is up with [nv] wēk’sôs? Hitting me while I am online? Guess it is time to train up and (as slow as it is) and get back at him.

sry sgt... i cant kill him yet or i would try and redeem you. you ask him why he hit you online

Just a thought on the Chain process. To date, we have provided cash based upon the type of house the member had. For example, if a member had a house worth $200m, then we would give them the cost of a Chain minus $200m. In light of this and given that a) our members have anything from $0 to over $1b in a house, and b) our aim is to get all members into Chains as quickly as possible, would it not make sense to provide members with a standard amount of cash when it is their turn (e.g. $1b, or $1.5b or other)? This would have the following benefits: a) equality - all members would get equal treatment and the same amount of cash when it is their turn, b) a set goal - all members would be aware of what their personal cash goal was to get into a Chain (i.e. they will receive a predetermined amount of $xx from the gang and would be required to provide themselves, the difference to the cost of the Chain), c) speed – this will ensure that both the gang and the individual are working together to get everyone into a Chain as quickly as possible, and d) incentive – this would provide incentive for people to upgrade their houses independently for training purposes in preparation for the upgrade (longer term benefits over just leveling). Obviously exceptions could be discussed with Reaper and Manse on a case-by-case basis (e.g. if you just sold 4500 points for $28k each). This would at least provide a structure around the process. Thoughts?

Just a thought on the Chain process. To date, we have provided cash based upon the type of house the member had. For example, if a member had a house worth $200m, then we would give them the cost of a Chain minus $200m. In light of this and given that a) our members have anything from $0 to over $1b in a house, and b) our aim is to get all members into Chains as quickly as possible, would it not make sense to provide members with a standard amount of cash when it is their turn (e.g. $1b, or $1.5b or other)? This would have the following benefits: a) equality - all members would get equal treatment and the same amount of cash when it is their turn, b) a set goal - all members would be aware of what their personal cash goal was to get into a Chain (i.e. they will receive a predetermined amount of $xx from the gang and would be required to provide themselves, the difference to the cost of the Chain), c) speed – this will ensure that both the gang and the individual are working together to get everyone into a Chain as quickly as possible, and d) incentive – this would provide incentive for people to upgrade their houses independently for training purposes in preparation for the upgrade (longer term benefits over just leveling). Obviously exceptions could be discussed with Reaper and Manse on a case-by-case basis (e.g. if you just sold 4500 points for $28k each). This would at least provide a structure around the process. Thoughts?

I want to get this cleared up:

So the gang gives a set amount lets say 1 bill and the member has to make up the rest.

This may work but, since the member is trying to make up the difference the gang may see a decrease in donations. Then after the member buys the chain he will probably have a dent in his account and try to save up again therefore donating less to the gang.

I donated 10 points to the gang :D* well I also donated over $100 million like last month or so :p.. lol im a noob but can I borrow like 5 million from some nice people in the gang? :D cause... I just gambled away 40million :( lol . Yes I did the 50/50 chance thing and lost!!!! I usually always win :(. thats why I took a huge risk. I will pay you back less then a week :D

The intention of my suggestion was to put a standard in place going forward. At present, if a member is chosen to receive a Chain, their current house is assessed and they are given the cash equivalent to get them up to a Chain, which makes sense since that is the objective. However, one of the issues I noted was that if you have one member who has invested $200m in their current house and another who has invested $1b, we would currently give the first guy around $1.6b toward the Chain (i.e. assuming a Chain is $1.8b) and the second guy just $800m. What does this tell you? It tells me that the second guy has just made an extra donation of $800m to the gang over the first guy, which is fine, as long as that is his / her intention and they are able to bankroll it.

If we formalize an amount (we can make it $1.8b if needs be so that no one needs use any of their "own" money), then at least there is a degree of transparency and formality. I don't mind either way, but I can see that for someone in the mid tier of our gang, defining this will get them a Chain faster and the process will be clearer. Just a thought

hmmmm all this chain stuff has everyone confused, im actually a little confused too on it. i didnt think everyone was getting the 2bill but i got a mail from manse that said thats what i would get, i think its actually fair if everyone get the full amount for the chain. now i that i got the chain (thank you to all who are donating) i plan on donating more than ever to help get other people theirs. i am sitting on interest cap and giving a lot more back to the gang than i did when i didnt have the chain. i realize this isnt the fastest way of getting people their chains, but it might be the most fair...just my input.

as far as training goes i gained over 700k in stats =) hope to become decently powerful soon

Thanks Kennard! I have not got my money yet :/ lol.. ill get into the IW now
oh and ill give you 5 points everyday until I pay you back for it :D

i was given enough money to upgrade to a chain... thats 2bil minus whatever house i was in before.

pjp got $2 billion because he was homeless. The point of the giveaway is to move the candidate into a Chain with only the gang's money. You get the cost of a Chain minus the value of your current residence because the value of your current residence is subtracted from the cost of a Chain. If you're in a Village and we gave you $2 billion, you'd have money left over after buying a Chain.

pjp got $2 billion because he was homeless. The point of the giveaway is to move the candidate into a Chain with only the gang's money. You get the cost of a Chain minus the value of your current residence because the value of your current residence is subtracted from the cost of a Chain. If you're in a Village and we gave you $2 billion, you'd have money left over after buying a Chain.

So that means I should become homeless before I receive the chain :D

Just kidding, anyways I (finally) understand what's going on. Kennard makes sense about receiving the full 2 billion, but still, it's a lot of money being given away, so if the gang can save say 60 million by subtracting the amount of the house that the chain winner already has, then it'll move that much more quickly to being able to give the next person their chain.

If you want to stay homeless and hinder the giveaway funds, it's up to you. We would prefer that members get the best house they can to save the gang money.

What is your most useful weapon? I have been using the spork, but wonder if I should spend some dough on something else. Anybody have a different weapon they could lend me to try it out?

What is your most useful weapon? I have been using the spork, but wonder if I should spend some dough on something else. Anybody have a different weapon they could lend me to try it out?

I recently upgraded to a shield and spear and have a captains scimitar (I think) that I still have. You are more than welcome to use that. Can't remember the stats, but they are pretty decent +% to strength.

On the Chain topic, I would assume that by the time you are in-line for a Chain, at least for your own training purposes, you should be in at least the $220m if not a more expensive house. If you are homeless, your previous training would have been a complete waste of time.

On the Chain topic, I would assume that by the time you are in-line for a Chain, at least for your own training purposes, you should be in at least the $220m if not a more expensive house. If you are homeless, your previous training would have been a complete waste of time.

I'm in a plantation o.0

well i was in a hidden lagoon before i sold my house to get to the interest cap. i sold it before i even knew that i was gonna receive the chain. i just donated the amount it would have been with the -7% on the 220m

I'm in a plantation o.0

I should clarify my comment, I am not saying that training in a cheaper house is a waste of time, just that as you level, it would make sense to upgrade your house accordingly so that you are maximizing your training. However, it should be noted that differing priorities should also be taken into account, as per pjpwnsu wanting to hit the interest cap.

Thanks for the Scimitar Kennard. I put it to good use already. Trying to level up the gang.

I'm pretty mcuh addicted to it, I can play it at work all day long which suits me well. It pisses me off a bit tho, because I only just realised how important training was... I was using the shield + spear and getting owned by guys 4 levels or more below me with weaker weapons but higher stats...

Now I'm enjoying the 500xp breaking people out of prison, yay

Is there any reason to buy anything more than a row boat? I have been leveling up, gaining points and gang points and training just fine without it. Seems to save me from having to spend training on seamanship.

Is there any reason to buy anything more than a row boat? I have been leveling up, gaining points and gang points and training just fine without it. Seems to save me from having to spend training on seamanship.

i dont see any use in it, but there are some people that go around and just shoot down ships and that is their way of gaining xp.

Having something more than a rowboat will make it so that if you are attacked, you won't be IW'ed...

Money from crimes and the desire to clean up at least one part of the item market.:D

lol I see... well then my recommendation would be to just put that money in the bank and not buy 316 items which you don't plan on using :p

But when you have a ton of money, it's up to you how you spend it :D

Just give them out to random low level people.

I had thought about that, and I think that may be what I end up doing. I had also thought about seeing what someone would trade me for them. If i sold them back to the game I'd make a whole whopping 6.32 million dollars.

6.32 is better than a slap in the face with a wet fish (barely). Giving that many out could take some serious time. Maybe put an ad up, hand out as many as people want and then dump the rest and collect the outrageous amounts of coin

Man you must be rolling in cash in order to buy so many muskets.

Maybe give them away for 1 or 2 points. Then sell the points.

1 point each musket
316 points at 260k = 82mill

2 points each musket
632 points at 260k = 164mill

Back