Rule the Seas

Man you must be rolling in cash in order to buy so many muskets.

Maybe give them away for 1 or 2 points. Then sell the points.

1 point each musket
316 points at 260k = 82mill

2 points each musket
632 points at 260k = 164mill

I highly doubt anyone would go for trading a point for a musket, but I think I may post something in the forum and something on the coastline times.

As far as collecting them goes...I've been buying them off the market with my crime money for the past few weeks.

What happened to the points market over the last 1.5 weeks? The typical price jumped around 15-20k per point. I was contemplating hitting players who drive the prices up (e.g. those who buy and sell to make a spread). But then, how do you the fight market forces of supply and demand? In addition, that is a legitimate money making process that simply has adverse consequences for most people (higher prices). Awakes are hitting $30m pretty consistently now as well. How is this all related as the price jumps were not that gradual, they jumped almost overnight.

After re-reading this...way too many questions at one time.

What happened to the points market over the last 1.5 weeks? The typical price jumped around 15-20k per point. I was contemplating hitting players who drive the prices up (e.g. those who buy and sell to make a spread). But then, how do you the fight market forces of supply and demand? In addition, that is a legitimate money making process that simply has adverse consequences for most people (higher prices). Awakes are hitting $30m pretty consistently now as well. How is this all related as the price jumps were not that gradual, they jumped almost overnight.

After re-reading this...way too many questions at one time.

ya things are getting really expensive, and i think by hitting the people that drive the prices up your only letting them sit and control the market even more with their IWed time =/ i hope things go back to 250k a point and 22mill for an awake again.

ya things are getting really expensive, and i think by hitting the people that drive the prices up your only letting them sit and control the market even more with their IWed time =/

Good point. Bastards.

Hey man, whats wrong with playing the points market????? Thats how i spend most of my time.

Although I admit time would be better spent finding people to mug i guess.

Save it and get more for interest. Try to get a good house. Don't bother with buying weapons and armour atm you can borrow stuff from the gang so you can save money.

Save it and get more for interest. Try to get a good house. Don't bother with buying weapons and armour atm you can borrow stuff from the gang so you can save money.

Dammit I just went and bought all new stuff a day or two ago :rolleyes:

Dang, busting people out of prison is no easy task. You basically have to sit on the Prison page, pressing F5, with your mouse over the "Bust" button, and as soon as you have a chance, CLICK!!! And STILL, half the time they are already busted out. 500XP for 5 nerve is pretty nice though.

My stats right now are:
Strength: 8,478
Defense: 7,486
Speed: 17,733
Seamanship: 10

Is that pretty ridiculous? I've been getting speed up (obviously) because I figured right now I'm not getting in any fights with people, and speed is the main denominator in busting people out of prison and in crimes. Is it okay so far, or am I screwing up my character?

A good indicator of stats, up to about level 250 or so, is (your level) * (amount of awake you have) * 5 = (total of strength, speed and defense added together).

That formula is a good indicator, but far from foolproof. It's the easiest way to explain what stats someone should have without a lot of writing and confusion.

I have a question about etiquette, etc. Since this is a pirate game, but there are rating systems and the like. Is there kind of like a minimum that you should mug someone? Can you attack someone for no reason? Maybe this was talked about before.

I'm just asking because now I'm fast enough to mug people. One person was online with $100,000, I figured that was good enough. Mugged! Stole $6,000 from him. He sends me a message saying "Well.... that wasn't very polite...."

I replied with "Sorry", he says "That's OK... We are pirates, right?

Arrr!!!"

lol.

Anyways... I'm still a newbie, hope to be not so noobish soon though.

I have a question about etiquette, etc. Since this is a pirate game, but there are rating systems and the like. Is there kind of like a minimum that you should mug someone? Can you attack someone for no reason? Maybe this was talked about before.

I'm just asking because now I'm fast enough to mug people. One person was online with $100,000, I figured that was good enough. Mugged! Stole $6,000 from him. He sends me a message saying "Well.... that wasn't very polite...."

I replied with "Sorry", he says "That's OK... We are pirates, right?

Arrr!!!"

lol.

Anyways... I'm still a newbie, hope to be not so noobish soon though.

There is no etiquette. You can basically mug anyone for aslittle as a buck. Persnonally I would not mug anyone under 200k.

You can attack anyone at anytime but be prepared for retaliation for attacking ppl who are online.

What's up with the prison bust. Can't bust anyone with out being sent to the IW.

There is no etiquette. You can basically mug anyone for aslittle as a buck. Persnonally I would not mug anyone under 200k.

You can attack anyone at anytime but be prepared for retaliation for attacking ppl who are online.

What's up with the prison bust. Can't bust anyone with out being sent to the IW.

Yeah, the guards beat me to a pulp once in a while too :p I'm at +20,000 speed though.

Rules to live by:

1) Do not kill someone who's online unless you have good reason to.
2) Do not mug someone who can kill you
3) Although it's logical to kill someone who just mugged you (since you're stronger), a couple gang wars have resulted from such. Apparently this logic is not as widespread as one may think. It's safer to accept getting mugged and move on without conflict, but as our gang gets bigger, higher in the rank list, stronger, etc., I'd say it's not much of a big deal if we anger someone. :D

I mugged someone today, he was lower level than me. He attacked me and I killed him. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Thanks for the tips Neptune, good rules.

Those are good rules to live by. Note: Nevertheless, you will probably learn the hard way.

I find it very hard not to kill someone who has mugged the crap out of me when I have cash out for 0.5 seconds (I don't mind if I wander off and forget as that is my own stupid fault). If you really want to kill them online, take a look at their gang and gauge how strong they are. I have killed guys from [nv] and [TSP] for mugging me too "eagerly" in the past. I got put in the IW from their higher level guys within about 20 seconds (I was kinda surprised at how quickly the little rats complained to their stronger members - they must have the upwards complaints process pretty streamlined by now). I got out of the situation with a short message expressing my annoyance at their guy for being a little prick, but how I was somewhat apologetic. If their gang is on the stronger side of strong, I would not recommend being argumentative during this process, just clear it up and move on.

However, mugging wise, mug anyone for any amount at any time. Some get annoyed (e.g. MonkeyBoi), but f**k em is the general consensus, they will soon learn.

I'm taking an indefinite hiatus from RTS. The game is more monotonous than fun, and I don't get to play that often, which hinders my leadership. I'll remain a member in the gang (as long as Reaper doesn't give me the boot) to make sure it has enough members for the good gang crimes.

I dumped all my money into the vault, and with previous interest donations the total comes to around $2 billion. I've also returned some flash pants, and have donated all my equipment and points to the gang. I told Reaper I'd probably log on occasionally to donate referral and voting points to help the gang a little more.

While some of you have taken the occasional moment to personally commend my leadership, I still feel I'm not leading as well as I could or should be, and someone with more time and who's having more fun should take over.

Basically, the game was fun when Incinerator started the thread. I came across it at work and, assuming my work proxy would block the site, was amazed that I could play it. Plus, getting into a new game, especially a simulation/RPG genre, gets me really excited. Little did I know, however, that the game is poorly designed and not indulged by much of its player base as casually as one would hope.

So for a few months I played constantly at work to kill time when needed, but eventually my boss pulled me aside to talk about a report I was working on, and once we finished discussing it he took it as an opportunity to also discuss my internet usage. He passed me a piece of paper detailing my most visited websites, including hits, time spent, and Kb transferred. It was bad. RTS embarrassingly stood out, and the [H] was another site listed. He was nice about it, and told me he only wanted to discuss it once, but if problems persist, I get three unpaid days off.

Ultimately I have more important things to worry about and focus upon. All the best for the [H]ard Crew.

It’s been nice. Thanks for all the help and leader ship.

That’s sucks that your boss found out about the internet usage. That’s one of my biggest fears.

That sucks man, getting caught playing at work is never good. Sometimes I'm glad I'm working with my dad and a few other people in a small business that's doing well, who knew importing frozen pizza to all the Wal-Mart's and Sams Clubs in Mexico would do so well? So we obviously don't have any filters to show what everyones doing on the internet, but still, it's a good reminder not to take too much advantage of company time with things like RTS :p

Well Manse, it's too bad you're leaving, but it sounds like it's for the better. Sucks being an adult eh? I can say you were a good leader for the small amount of time I knew you :) Well we'll still see you around the [H] forums. Work hard now :D

That does suck. I could foresee it being trouble if they ever let me at RTS at work.

Was good to have you aboard. Good luck with life outside of RTS.

tell me I'm not the only dumbass who will try like mad to hit the cows coming out of the ward only to realize 10 minutes of futility later that I only had 20 percent energy.

We all wish you the best of luck. I truly appreciate all the help you have given me over the past several months with running the gang and getting things squared away on RTS and on here. Feel free to come by and say hello whenever you have time, we'll keep you in the gang until there is no gang left (or no RTS, which would probably come sooner).

To the rest of the gang: Over the next week or two I will be looking for someone that can help me run the gang. I have a couple candidates in mind already, but if you have anyone that you'd like to nominate for the position, please message me in game letting me know your reasons why. Your input will weigh heavily on the decision, but in the end I'm going to have to determine several factors that the candidate must meet before granting them all the privileges that come with co-leading our gang (I'd rather not see someone take everything from our gang vault and run away it all).

Who thinks partial awakes are a good idea for RTS? I think it would be a good item to be sold for RTS money especially for the lower level players considering how much the full awakes costs..

You can vote on it here. http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?on=forum&tid=10174

BTW looking forward to seeing who the co leader will be. It's definitely important to have one considering how high a level we are as a gang and how much work there is in maintaining a gang.

I cast my vote in that thread, although you may not like the answer I gave.

There are many things I would rather see fixed than new items introduced into the game that could possibly mess up more things than it helps.

Back