Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like nobody is gonna get it overnight

BACKORDERED @ 3:45PM CDT today

about the waiting, it's OK...BUT

Intel knew this day was coming and they didn't stock up. A good business would have.
Still, a great deal when ever it comes in.

Yeah I'm not sweating it like some people in this thread have. The more I think about it, the more I realize I have to wait a few weeks before I can even have the computer up and running anyways.

I doubt it will happen, but I'm sure the prospect of running out of bundle sets is always on someones mind. :p

Yea well i paid for a q6700 even though according to their terms they can replace it at will, i think i pretty much have mine reserved

Yeah, back ordered 1-2 weeks. I agree, my thought was they would have at least a few thousand of each on the shelves seeing as they knew what it would be for at least a month.

Additionally, a simple SQL query on the database could have ball parked how many people were over 12000 and how many were 9000-12000 then make an estimated stock level based on a percentage of those numbers.

My card has been changed already though.

Backordered as usual.

Every year these bundles get backordered.

Kinda annoying TBH, since we wait another month or more for them to get shipped now.

Still though, Q6700 + other goodies for cheap ftw :)

about the waiting, it's OK...BUT

Intel knew this day was coming and they didn't stock up. A good business would have.
Still, a great deal when ever it comes in.

Intel is not a good business? lol.

I'm pretty much just going to use the Q6700 in the system I already have set up. So at least I'm not "down" while I wait. I just want my authorization to go through. I can wait a few weeks more for the backorder since my system is doing just fine with the E6300 from last year. I always worry a little about the authorization because a couple of years back one of my coworkers registered and was never authorized... the 4 to 6 weeks came and went and they were never told why they didn't get authorized for a bundle. Has anyone from BBY (who didn't pre-authorize) get their authorization yet?

The reason I didnt do it this year is exaclty what people are going through now. Last year it was"backordered" to the middle on January, so by the time I got the stuff it would have been cheaper to buy it at retail.
Same the year before that. Only the first year I ever did it I got it within a reasonable timeframe.

The reason I didnt do it this year is exaclty what people are going through now. Last year it was"backordered" to the middle on January, so by the time I got the stuff it would have been cheaper to buy it at retail.
Same the year before that. Only the first year I ever did it I got it within a reasonable timeframe.

I waited till the last day to order last year due to a rumor that the later the bundle shipped AFTER the Vista release date, the better chance of receiving Vista Ultimate full version instead of RC1

Turns out, rumors are just rumors. :D

and my 1st year, I received the bundle in a reasonable time frame too. I won it as a door prize in October '05

I must be missing something then because last year's bundle was an E6300 (which are hovering around the $170 price range, a 965 board (around $100), and Vista Ultimate (about $180). That's $450. When I checked them last year around this time it was around $800 retail for everything. :confused: I agree Intel's clam that this is a $1500 (retail price) package is a little ludicrous. $534.99 for the processor + $126.99 for the mobo + 119.99 for Vista Home Premium is $781.97. Which is about in line with what the previous offerings have been. Anyway, I highly doubt the retail cost of that bundle is going to drop $530 by mid-January.

Do you guys think that if I wait until december to get the 725 chips I need for the Q6700 bundle it will be sold out? I have enough for the Q6600 right now, but I know I'll have enough in December...

Do you guys think that if I wait until december to get the 725 chips I need for the Q6700 bundle it will be sold out? I have enough for the Q6600 right now, but I know I'll have enough in December...

not at all, my previous post, I waited till the last day last year. You'll be OK

on a completely different note, who's the fugger that has 100 more chips than me for Best Buy?
Dang ti! ;)

Actually, last year I purchased in October I believe, It was back ordered for 14 days, then took 1 day to ship.

My employment verification took place this morning so I just placed my order for the Q6700.

It said the item was in stock. Yesterday it said the item was out of stock and back-ordered.

It has not even been a full 24 hours since they were taking orders. I really doubt it is anywhere near the point where people are going to have to wait a very long time, or not get their orders at all.

I guess we will find out. I don't know how intel will be notifying us of the items shipping, but a persons credit card information can always tell. Surely the $272.30 charge on my account right now is a pre-authorization, and it will disappear in a couple of days, and then after that it will get charged, to reflect it being shipped.

Unless someone elses posts, I'll do it.

just a thought, might be a 24 -72 hour check to see how many they're gonna need before they ship. But then again, i'm so full of it my eyes should be brown ;)

belay my last

just switched back to backordered

frackers

This is the rason why you overnight stuff you know that will become backordered. :rolleyes:

After my Intel order, I Bought more stuff on newegg.com, then walked into my Circuit City and Bought more under Employee Discount. est cost $900 complete computer :eek:

So close, yet so far! 8950 chips! Wish I could hit the magic 12k mark. Any live event codes? I have Vista Biz, and and a XP Pro key to trade from the ImagineCup promo.

nice system strife
Q
why did you choose the GA-G33M-DS2R and not the GA-P35-DS3R from Gigabyte?
the 35 supports native PC2-8500 rather than the 33 oc to PC2-8500

hope everyone ordered who could cause as of now, the Intel shoping site is down. Can't even check order status. 13:30 CDT:mad:

I finally got my code and went to order on the Intel Shop site and it kept looping when I tried to do the checkout so I just called and submitted the order by phone.

I finally got my code and went to order on the Intel Shop site and it kept looping when I tried to do the checkout so I just called and submitted the order by phone.

thanks for confirming that. I thought I was going nuts

I'm upgrading my proc from last year's bundle, so if someone wants the Vista, the mobo, a 8600GTS OC and a E6300, lemme know...

I went with the GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R for the Micro ATX Form Factor. I have a good change of deploying again next year and I took a 24" LCD Monitor with me and a standard ATX Case back in 2006 and I was wanting to make it a smaller system this time, so I now have a 20"LCD with the Micro ATX case.

BTW Please anyone tell us when the Systems ship.

I went with the GIGABYTE GA-G33M-DS2R for the Micro ATX Form Factor. I have a good change of deploying again next year and I took a 24" LCD Monitor with me and a standard ATX Case back in 2006 and I was wanting to make it a smaller system this time, so I now have a 20"LCD with the Micro ATX case.

BTW Please anyone tell us when the Systems ship.

I'll keep an eye out. The Intel site is working again

still backordered :(

Just ordered the Q6700 bundle. Showed in-stock for me.
On a side note, possibly selling mine, will take offers.

Most large cooperations use internet faxing now. i could just imagine the poor intel employee whose job it is to sit at an old fax machine ala Office Space receiving thousands of requests for employment verification. I pity him.

Sort of new to the intel retail edge...do they ever have issues with their deals being out of stock? I am 100% planning on getting this package but I'm worried it will be OOS by the time I get my points..I signed up yesterday and took a couple quizes and I'm up to 3k

Can somebody in the know go over how to earn more points. I passed all of the posted challenges and got a few points somehow by accessing the toolbox and clicking on a few links.

I'm looking for a specific answer as to how often I can build points so that I'll know if I should just for for the lower bundle or wait for the 12k bundle.

Any help would be appreciated.

L.E. ;)

Are you with GSS?

what is GSS??

i do not work direct for the stores but do contract work for them

i fixed enough intel machines i think i deserve to be in this even though i am an independant tech but do work for alot of the qualifying companys as a sub contractor

what is GSS??

i do not work direct for the stores but do contract work for them

i fixed enough intel machines i think i deserve to be in this even though i am an independant tech but do work for alot of the qualifying companys as a sub contractor

Global Systems Solutions. It's what Compusa used to call their onsite techs. I think they just outsource now, which is likely what you're doing.

And sorry, but this program has always been strictly for people in face to face sales positions. While the range of pay in these jobs is very diverse (I'd bet that 90% of the people who qualify and participate in retail edge really don't make much money) I'd be willing to bet you make more than enough to just buy your own set. :p

Can somebody in the know go over how to earn more points. I passed all of the posted challenges and got a few points somehow by accessing the toolbox and clicking on a few links.

I'm looking for a specific answer as to how often I can build points so that I'll know if I should just for for the lower bundle or wait for the 12k bundle.

Any help would be appreciated.

L.E. ;)

Do all of the quizzes and articles you can. In the "my progress" section it will show a list of quizzes you can do. You can get some points one time in the "my profile" section, for allowing your employer to see your information from the program. Toolboxes are two per month, I think they are 200 a piece.

Each month, a quiz is worth 1000, article 250, the toolbox downloads, and y ou can get 400 or 500 more points for logging in multiple times.

Past articles and challenge quizzes net half the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back