Retail Edge 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang well for you it took 5 days and you got it back. For me its been 6 days and i havent even gotten an email yet. I'm thinkin Intel hates me. :confused: But i'll just write back once i get it and let people know how it all worked out and if you guys should be worried about your boards too... since i know a total of 3 people locally and 5 people online who have had problems with this board

I'm 800 points shy of 12,000. Does anyone have any codes from intel reps or from live events they can PM me? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Taken from my old post:

Well, pmshop has had good luck with the intel board so far.

I have yet to build my rig, but I hope I don't encounter any problems.

Maybe the defective boards could be due to UPS's wonderful shipping of the bundles... I remember reading a post where the driver just dropped it on someones porch... We all work in retail, and when digging through skid of printers/computers or something, no one treats the boxes as if they are fragile as you can well imagine, so when intel's warehouse workers were scrambling to get our bundles shipped out, and with UPS handling them theres bound to be some sensitive circuitry that may have gone bad.

I wasn't that impressed with how my bundle was packed, things were sitting too loosely which doesn't help either. My vista cd sleeve was a bit mangled, and a corner of my processor box looks compressed like something heavy was placed on it or was possibly dropped.

Comments?

remember, I am now OC with setFSB to 3Ghz
running very smooth 24/7 so far (i run a weather website from my back yard)

www.bluebonnetwebdesigns.com/wx.htm if anyone is intrested

I tried pushing to a 310 fsb again, but it's still unstable so I stay at 300

Gigabyte board coming for x-mas with 2Gb PC2 - 1066

WHOOT!

My box had a gigantic hole in the top. Everything worked but its very disconcerting. Actually come to think of it, the hole thing happened with my EVGA motherboard, but it still works.

Any codes for some more chips on the site? I only need 800 more. Willing to pay :D

Got my Q6700 bundle yippee. Have it running with a Gigabyte DS3L board.

Fax/email - Tues. Dec. 4
Verified - Monday Dec. 10
Received - Wednesday Dec. 12

Doh. I can only earn 10400 chips!

This kinda sucks.

So i guess i can only get the 6600. If i don't use chips, does the chips stay for next years retail edge?

Awesome, I finally got my code, but I'm unable to make a login account... After making an account I try to login and it says wrong password, then when I try to change my password it says invalid login ID. Guess I'll have to call tomorrow.

Chips will reset in January, as usual. Sorry.

By the way, some of your guys' stories are making me scared to open my new Intel motherboard box... Should I let the stuff sit on the shelf until I can afford a better board, or am I ok building my super system with the one Intel sent with the purchase package? One of my buds has his Q6700 on a 680i EVGA motherboard overclocked to 3.5 gigahertz totally stable. I'm looking at getting a similar EVGA board for myself, but I can't afford it right now. Other than deciding what motherboard to use, I'm pretty much good to go. Any advice?? I really want to overclock my new quad core!! It's a beast. I even have an aftermarket heatsink/fan combo picked out. I appreciate any light you guys can shed on the subject...

hey folks... i had 11,300 chips yesterday, today i've got 11,700 ... anyone know why? no quizzes or anything that i've done. :confused:

i need 12k for the Q6700, right? hrm, here's to hoping.

I got verified today too! though it only shows that I can get the Q6600 bundle... i'd really like the Q6700.

Thanks

hey folks... i had 11,300 chips yesterday, today i've got 11,700 ... anyone know why? no quizzes or anything that i've done. :confused:

i need 12k for the Q6700, right? hrm, here's to hoping.

I got verified today too! though it only shows that I can get the Q6600 bundle... i'd really like the Q6700.

Thanks

once you get verified, you're pretty much locked in.
Some have gotten to change their bundle, but if you can not get the points b 4 31st, you're done for the year.

This verification is SO dam long to wait for. For BBY employees, it takes forever!!!!

I did not fax over my paystub (maybe I should), but been waiting for a week.:mad:

This verification is SO dam long to wait for. For BBY employees, it takes forever!!!!

I did not fax over my paystub (maybe I should), but been waiting for a week.:mad:

you had a bad intel rep then
Down here in Houston, the day before the bundle was available, we had a live event
Everyone who attended who worked at Best Buy got "instant verification"

and yes, you need to fax in the pay stub for verification, if not, they most likely threw it out since it wasn't complete.

To all those that have had the trouble with only being able to purchase the 6600 bundle when you have the points for 6700,

It happens when you print out the verification form before you have enough chips.

Yes, it can be fixed. No, it's not easy. Call intel and hastle as many people as possible. I finally got my 6700 ordered today, but not after spending hours over the last week on the phone, having bunches of people getting other people to "call me".

-Rogan

Rogan, what's the intel phone number? Can you PM me with it?

.... and does anyone have a 300 point 'code' I can enter? :(

Thought I'd post some OC results.
Q6700 @ 3.1 ghz (10X310 fsb)
Idle: 13 degrees C
Load: 37C
Under CoolIT Eliminator, stable, 1 hr OCCT.
MOBO: Asus P5B deluxe wifi/ap
See sig for rest of system

oc.jpg

For all 4 cores @ 100%, that's pretty decent.

sweet my intel board replacement just shipped today. weeeeeeeeee! also i hate DHL and USPS. DHL is late on shipping my RAM by like 5 days. and USPS i payed for 2 day delivery and it took 7 days just to get to intel. JESUS LORD FedEx and UPS are the only people who dont suck

sweet my intel board replacement just shipped today. weeeeeeeeee! also i hate DHL and USPS. DHL is late on shipping my RAM by like 5 days. and USPS i payed for 2 day delivery and it took 7 days just to get to intel. JESUS LORD FedEx and UPS are the only people who dont suck

They're gonna merge one day and be called Fed-Up

Good for you cinn

Hey, no plugging in the front mic / headphone ports, right? :D

Sorry for the repeat post, but my last post was towards the bottom and I was afraid people only viewing the last page might miss it. I would like to call on the wisdom of my fellow Intel fans on this forum:

As I had mentioned earlier, some of your guys' stories are making me scared to open my new Intel motherboard box... like not being able to plug in headphones on the front jack?? My case I'm ordering has the front audio inputs and I will want to use them. Should I let the stuff sit on the shelf until I can afford a better board, or am I ok building my super system with the one Intel sent with the purchase package? One of my buds has his Q6700 on a 680i EVGA motherboard overclocked to 3.5 gigahertz totally stable. I'm looking at getting a similar EVGA board for myself, but I can't afford it right now. Other than deciding what motherboard to use, I'm pretty much good to go. Any advice?? I really want to overclock my new quad core!! It's a beast. I even have an aftermarket heatsink/fan combo picked out. I appreciate any light you guys can shed on the subject...

do not use front audio ports on the DG33TL
That's the common denominator in all the board failures I have seen on this post.
Wait till you get your OC motherboard

and like last year, for over 25,000 chips...
a cardboard plaque saying we kicked azz

hopefully, something better this year as it's my last.

What email are you all sending the registration info to?

Sorry if it's already in this thread, but it being 55 pages, I haven't had luck finding it yet. And on the site, they only mention a phone number. Thanks!

edit: N/M, finally found it on page 43.

I'm at 11,600 points and have tried logging in and out several times with no luck getting extra points. Already used both tool box downloads.

Any suggestions?

It looked like a deal too good to be true, and it still might be if I don't get my rebate! :confused:

But check this out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127020

That's a beasty deal for $119 after mail in rebate!! I remember a couple months ago when that board retailed for $299!!! I also snagged it with the combo ram from A-Data, which also seems stable, at least for some, at CAS 4. Basically you're getting $429 in produce for $200 after rebates, which is INSANE. I couldn't resist and ordered today. I just don't want to fry my new Intel board by plugging in headphones. I'll use it for a second MPC or a computer for my Grandma who is hooked on WOW (it's true ... I don't even play, but she does!)

Anyways, I have read of people getting huge overclocks on this Abit max board on the Core 2 duos. It natively supports the Quad cores, too. This is a good alternative for you guys that want to seriously overclock the new Q6600/Q6700s. I invested an extra 4 bucks for a northbridge fan because I hear the 680i gets a bit toasty. Abit kindly includes clips to fasten a 40mm x 40mm fan right onto the hottest section. (why not just include the fan, too?? It IS a 300 dollar mobo...)

Anyways, they just released a bunch of Vista updated drivers and bios updates so that even 64-bit is supported now, according to Abit's website. I'm excited as all heck to finally be able to put my system together. The Q6700 has been sitting in the box for a few days now, I haven't even opened it.

Those overclocking experts out there, what do you think of uGuru with Intel's core processors, and have any of you used a QC with uGuru personally, who might be able to give me some tips or important info? Thanks!!!

The motherboard includes a PCI Express X1 wifi card too.

anyone over clock this cpu to a 1333fsb? and if so how does it like it?

Im trying to clock it higher in my motherboard, but my DFI mobo states something about moving jumpers around to allow for other fsb but the one on the cpu, so I need to know if it can handle the 1333fsb

As I had mentioned earlier, some of your guys' stories are making me scared to open my new Intel motherboard box... like not being able to plug in headphones on the front jack?? My case I'm ordering has the front audio inputs and I will want to use them. Should I let the stuff sit on the shelf until I can afford a better board, or am I ok building my super system with the one Intel sent with the purchase package? One of my buds has his Q6700 on a 680i EVGA motherboard overclocked to 3.5 gigahertz totally stable. I'm looking at getting a similar EVGA board for myself, but I can't afford it right now. Other than deciding what motherboard to use, I'm pretty much good to go. Any advice?? I really want to overclock my new quad core!! It's a beast. I even have an aftermarket heatsink/fan combo picked out. I appreciate any light you guys can shed on the subject...

I'd say it's really hit or miss on the whole "front-end mic or USB input" issue. Mine blew up on me the instant i plugged it in and it WAS connected properly (as assured by about 17 geek squad guys and myself). The other guy i work with has the SAME case, same Mobo, same RAM... only difference was his PSU and he plugged his Mic in the front and his works fine (mine died). Another geek squad guy also has the same case I have (the Antec 900) and his died the same way when he used his front-USB ports. So im just scared of the board in general. If you wanna overclock like you said anyways... and have room for expandability to make it a beast.... go with a different MoBo... if you're lookin for best bang for the buck... keep the mobo and cross your fingers.

does anyone know off hand if XP sp2 will include the drivers for the SATA HDD controller, I'd hate to get this on Christmas and not be able to install XP due to the SATA drivers, since I do not have a floppy disc drive.

If they aren't included in XP sp2, I can always integrate them, just want to prepare accordingly.

does anyone know off hand if XP sp2 will include the drivers for the SATA HDD controller, I'd hate to get this on Christmas and not be able to install XP due to the SATA drivers, since I do not have a floppy disc drive.

If they aren't included in XP sp2, I can always integrate them, just want to prepare accordingly.

The SATA drivers will come in the Motherboard Box
You will need a usb floppy drive to load the drivers.
Win XP SP3 coming out next year will have them.
But only if you have the "Win XP w/f SP3" copy.

Anyone done their verification recently? How long is the verification process taking about? My brother faxed his in almost a week ago and hasn't gotten a response yet. However, since there are double points for December... I imagine Intel is getting flooded.

I'd say it's really hit or miss on the whole "front-end mic or USB input" issue. Mine blew up on me the instant i plugged it in and it WAS connected properly (as assured by about 17 geek squad guys and myself). The other guy i work with has the SAME case, same Mobo, same RAM... only difference was his PSU and he plugged his Mic in the front and his works fine (mine died). Another geek squad guy also has the same case I have (the Antec 900) and his died the same way when he used his front-USB ports. So im just scared of the board in general. If you wanna overclock like you said anyways... and have room for expandability to make it a beast.... go with a different MoBo... if you're lookin for best bang for the buck... keep the mobo and cross your fingers.

I agree.

From what I've read so far it just seems like hit or miss. I'm using an Antec p182 case and the front ports work flawlessly and have yet to run into trouble with this board. Can't afford an upgrade as of yet, so no OCing for me. Oh well, not like I need to right now. :p

If you are gonna want to OC though, then definitely pick up a different board. Hell, if you can afford it, pick up a different board. Serves my purposes all the same though. :)

* install note*
For those of you who have insatalled the new MB on last years' machine, take note of this...
I noticed in device manager, 2 of my 4 cores were recognized as last years' chip
to resolve, uninstall the 2 cores, reboot
that should reinstall the correct 2 other cores
If not, uninstall them again

I found I could only uninstall and reinstall one core at a time

Anyone done their verification recently? How long is the verification process taking about? My brother faxed his in almost a week ago and hasn't gotten a response yet. However, since there are double points for December... I imagine Intel is getting flooded.

I don't know but Intel is the slowest person on the planet to get this moving. It's the middle of December and still nothing! I sent my fax well over a week ago.

my verification took about a week, just got the email the other day verifying.

I'm 300 points shy of the 12k mark. I can purchase the Q6600 bundle atm, but i'd really like to get the Q6700 if I can.

I have a code for the bundle i wont be using because I got tired on waiting for verification :rolleyes:

someone PM me if you're interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back