Received my 3008WFP today.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me why my video card won't run the 3008wfp at its native resolution (2560x1600)?
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS. Supposedly this card is capable of handling Dual DVI-I..
I'm stumped.. could someone help me out?

Thx

1: Make sure your card really does support Dual Link DVI. Sometimes the reference design does, but not every implementation does. Find out for sure about your specific card.

2: Make sure you are connecting to the correct DVI on your card. Very often only one of the two ports is Dual Link, the other is Single Link.

3: Use the DVI cable that came with the monitor. It should be dual link. Standard single link cable will not give you full access.

4: Try both DVI ports on the monitor (last resort, they are both supposed to be dual link)

Basically Dual-Link Video card connected to the Dual link port, using a dual link cable, connected to the dual-link input and you should be in buisness.

does anyone have andre passe's contact info?
i sent two 3008 to dells QC and now they wont refund me because they say 'we dont know who andre is' and they have no records of the returns..
thanks

does anyone have andre passe's contact info?
i sent two 3008 to dells QC and now they wont refund me because they say 'we dont know who andre is' and they have no records of the returns..
thanks

Here you go bro.

Andre Passee

ELS (Early Life Support) Business Technical Support - Capture & Asset Admin
1-800-WWW-DELL (1-800-999-3355) ext: 72 6-5194

Good luck

As of today I have YET to receive my RMA replacement. It's been over 2 weeks. :(

oh thank you!
for the record, its been voer two months since i order and got a 3008, i sent it back via andres calltag, and i didnt have his info after that but dell now claims they dont know of him and its turned into a 10+ hour problem trying to get a refund, now i can give them his info.
for the record, too much time/money lost on the 3008, im going for the new 30" NEC which after taxes is only $100 more than the $1649 3008.
tx again.

oh thank you!
for the record, its been voer two months since i order and got a 3008, i sent it back via andres calltag, and i didnt have his info after that but dell now claims they dont know of him and its turned into a 10+ hour problem trying to get a refund, now i can give them his info.
for the record, too much time/money lost on the 3008, im going for the new 30" NEC which after taxes is only $100 more than the $1649 3008.
tx again.

I agree with you 100% Early adopters always get the shaft! :(

I got my 3008 replacement today. It is still revision A00. It has a little less backlight bleed. The colors are better and the image is a little sharper. Because it has less bleed, the blacks are better too. The problem being that it still does have some bleed, more than my 3065 and I am wondering if it had less bleed would it be much better and live up to the image that some 3008 owners have ?

The rep I spoke to says the shortage is coming from a lack of 30" panels. It may be that what they are getting is a little hit or miss.

I am just wondering should I keep going and return until I am totally satisfied or just get a refund ?

I am just wondering should I keep going and return until I am totally satisfied or just get a refund ?

I would just get a refund. This panel definitely has some flaws. You better wait for A01 at least.

There is a reason that Dell's website still lists 6+ weeks for delivery. There are serious issues with the screen and no one should be purchasing the first revision.

I thought I read that the 3008 will have the same LG screen as the new NEC 30". Perhaps that is what is delaying their monitor from coming out ?

There is a reason that Dell's website still lists 6+ weeks for delivery. There are serious issues with the screen and no one should be purchasing the first revision.

Dell's first revision is like beta version :D

Hey StanD. is there any update on your replacement 3008WFP? I finally received my RMA replacement and there was no improvement on the black light bleed issue. Very disappointing.

Hey StanD. is there any update on your replacement 3008WFP? I finally received my RMA replacement and there was no improvement on the black light bleed issue. Very disappointing.

Hey bud,

I do sort of have an update. I, too received my 3008WFP replacement (this being the THIRD) and guess what? It looks like I got someone else's returned item! I unpacked it anyways (was still a Rev A00) and it had all the same problems.

I fired off a nastygram to my account rep to pass along about this and told them if they can't find me a unit that doesn't have this problem then I unfortunately want a full refund. Each time they have sent a replacement I have confirmed in writing that my 21 day evaluation period is reset.

The latest I heard this afternoon is that my rep and her boss were looking into this and they expected to have "something" for me tomorrow mid-AM.

I will keep you all posted, but honestly at this point I am pretty disheartened. I really wanted this monitor as it is one of the best. Sure NEC is coming out with an awesome one too, and I may have to wait for that (whenever that is).

In my ideal world someone from Dell is reading these forums and some QC asses are getting kicked. This monitor has the capability to rock.

- Stan

I am going for my third 3008 replacement. The second replacement has promise as it does hold its own against my 3065, but I feel without the top backlight bleed it would be a lot better. The bleed interferes with watching movies as it brightens up the top of the display. Without that bleed the blacks would be even better with a brightness that the 3065 doesn't have.

I would just say to everyone thinking about this monitor don't pay full pop for this because there is only a small chance you will get one defect free and I think it might be a while before they totally fix the problems with the display/ 30" LG panel. I figured since I have started this I am going to try until I get an excellent monitor and hopefully the third time is a charm for me cause I am tired of the calls and packing !

In my city have appeared on sale 3008-s with part# 210-19737-001

Unfortunately neither at the seller nor on site DELL it was not possible to receive the information on revison # (A00 or A01)

Prompt - as it can be made?

I called in office DELL in our country (Russia) after several throwings from phone on phone and waiting more than 30 minutes I have hung up.

Whether there is at someone an acknowledgement that monitors of revision# А01 are relieved from backlight bleed?

There has been only one person that has claimed to have received a A01 version, that perosn has yet to post again since that claim. All of the members here that have received numerous shipments of the 3008 have never gotten anything other than a A00 model. Hmmmm, it's been a long time since dell came out with this beast..... why the looooooong wait.....maybe the design is too much of an issue to fix??? Hopefully not.

Buda

Keep in mind that Dell struggled to get this thing out the door in the first place. People thought they were having problems with the scaler, but I think it has become obvious that the pannel is the problem. NEC is still trying to get their new 30 incher out the door and it is most likely using the same LG pannel. Same thing with EZIO.

The bottom line is that quality control is a real problem for all of these pannel manufactures, and especailly with the new 30 inch LG. The new Samsung 305t+ is behind schedule also. It may have something to do with the high pixel density of 30 inch LCDs.

Best of luck to all of us on this one

Dave

Keep in mind that Dell struggled to get this thing out the door in the first place. People thought they were having problems with the scaler, but I think it has become obvious that the pannel is the problem. NEC is still trying to get their new 30 incher out the door and it is most likely using the same LG pannel. Same thing with EZIO.

The bottom line is that quality control is a real problem for all of these pannel manufactures, and especailly with the new 30 inch LG. The new Samsung 305t+ is behind schedule also. It may have something to do with the high pixel density of 30 inch LCDs.

Best of luck to all of us on this one

Dave

The 30" Eizo monitors use the Samsung PVA panel, not the LG IPS panel.

After reading 12 pages (OMG)... I still have a question.

Can the upscaling in 3008 be turned off to decrease lag?

You are correct, but the point is that all of the new 30 inchers are running behind schedule. Infact there seems to be an indurtry wide issue with quality control. I say this, because I have been looking at LCD HDTVs and they are just as bad.

I would rather see them behind schedule then released with problems.

Dave

After reading 12 pages (OMG)... I still have a question.

Can the upscaling in 3008 be turned off to decrease lag?

I do not own one, but I have read reports from current owners that say they still have lag at native resolution. If gaming is vour primary focus then get one of last years S-IPS pannels. Either the Dell or the HP. Smasung's S-PVA has good PQ, but it still has lag even without a scaler. I had a Gateway XHD3000 and it was a joke.

Dave

From what I understand the 3008 has 15ms native panel delay + 30ms scaler delay. If I understand this correctly, it works out to ~2-3 frame/sec delay at 60fps. How noticeable is this for a 60fps games?

Seriously considering upgrading my 2407 to this monitor because of all the inputs. Now if they just come out with a revision with the black light fix.

The top small flare managed to be cleaned completely, simply having palmed off under an edge of a framework of the screen two thin pieces of paper.
First has tried a piece of a credit card but it has appeared very thickly, after that simply cut off from a lateral face of the business card a strip width of 7-8 mm and has palmed off under a rim of a framework.
Thus illumination practically was gone and that that from it remains was displaced hardly more to the left, having palmed off there the same slice only hardly was possible to clean illumination absolutely more thickly.
There was only an easy hint on it... Which person not knowing about it will not notice, basically it is possible and to be overcome with it but also so in comparison with that that there was it " the sky and the ground ".

■■■

The top small flare managed to be cleaned completely, simply having palmed off under an edge of a framework of the screen two thin pieces of paper.
First has tried a piece of a credit card but it has appeared very thickly, after that simply cut off from a lateral face of the business card a strip width of 7-8 mm and has palmed off under a rim of a framework.
Thus illumination practically was gone and that that from it remains was displaced hardly more to the left, having palmed off there the same slice only hardly was possible to clean illumination absolutely more thickly.
There was only an easy hint on it... Which person not knowing about it will not notice, basically it is possible and to be overcome with it but also so in comparison with that that there was it " the sky and the ground ".

■■■
I wish I could understand what you are tying to tell us with your post. :(

I wish I could understand what you are tying to tell us with your post. :(

So it is clear?

3008.jpg

Thanks bacek, great idea !!:)

For everyone else, the thickness of the business card will keep it in place, if yours doesn't stay in place, use thicker card stock.

Buda

:)
Russian saying:
"the poor on an invention it is artful"

Should specify - the second strip (2) in my case little bit more thickly than the first strip

its a custom panel design by Eizo, samsung only manufactures them. Make no mistake they are not used in samsung's own monitors, so you cant make a comparison to the 305T for example.

its a custom panel design by Eizo, samsung only manufactures them. Make no mistake they are not used in samsung's own monitors, so you cant make a comparison to the 305T for example.

Where did you get this info?

Dave

Where did you get that information? It makes no economic sense - building a new panel costs a fortune, and Eizo doesn't have the volume to recoup that investment even if they sell their monitors at twice the price of similar monitors.

Who at Eizo? What exactly did they say? If Samsung had a mysterious PVA technology which is better than their regular PVA technology, I don't see why they would limit it to a tiny niche player like Eizo. It doesn't make sense.

I bet that the actual LCD panel that Eizo is using is the same as the one Samsung is using in their own monitors. The difference is in the other components, not the LCD panel (but they probably use a different backlight.)

By the way, one of the things that I don't like about Samsung is that they have a zero-dead-pixel guarantee in some countries (like Australia), but not others (like the US). This increases the chances of getting a panel with bad pixels in the countries where they don't have this guarantee (like in the US).

What Eizo was referring to may be the brightness/color sensors which are added as a customization for them.

In any case it is still PVA based which I will never use again and do not recommend to anyone at any level.

Back