Ramp to Win Raffle - Stats & Smack Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
which means im still negative 2kppd even after adding like 40 cores to all the ones i already had, which is more than mildly annoying...
For a big producer like you, a week or 7 of low point WU's really gets in the way. Maybe I'll give you a ticket anyway. ;)

I was going to add.........................aw, nevermind, no good could come of it;)
Pleeeeeeaaase?

Not going to hit 7 tickets.
Tigger boxen is down so that 2k PpD lost.
Its only reading 7 gigs of memory at boot and then failing to load an OS.
At which point it just reposts.
Hopefully I'll get time over the weekend to pull it apart.
But it does look like Memtest86 and then RMA time.

Luck ............. :D

I think I could probably get ticket number 6 if I didn't do anything on my main box until the end of the contest. Unfortunately, that would be very boring. One of the main things I use the box for is gaming and the backup PIII 800 just isn't going to cut it for that.

i wish I had another c2D folding :(

I could just about double my production if I had another C2D to fold with. With a decent overclock and the SMP client they are virtually unstoppable right now.

I hope the next contest comes right after the Q6600 drops in price to ~$500. Thats my next build. O/C to 3.0ghz for 3K+ PPD

[BRO]Alaskan;1030745182 said:
I hope the next contest comes right after the Q6600 drops in price to ~$500. Thats my next build. O/C to 3.0ghz for 3K+ PPD

And you know as well as I do the day either of us goes for a quad Stanford will re-adjust the points;)

And you know as well as I do the day either of us goes for a quad Stanford will re-adjust the points;)

Upwards?:D There are so few (comparativly) SMP folders that I dought that they will adjust SMP points. They might (and should) adjust GPU folders upward if they are really getting as much scientific data out of them as they claim so more will use them.

[BRO]Alaskan;1030745500 said:
Upwards?:D There are so few (comparativly) SMP folders that I dought that they will adjust SMP points. They might (and should) adjust GPU folders upward if they are really getting as much scientific data out of them as they claim so more will use them.
As soon as they release a Windows SMP client, that premise will vaporize. There will be a ton more people running SMP clients once that happens, so I'd be surprised if they didn't lower the points.

As soon as they release a Windows SMP client, that premise will vaporize. There will be a ton more people running SMP clients once that happens, so I'd be surprised if they didn't lower the points.

I bet you are correct, monsieur.

For a big producer like you, a week or 7 of low point WU's really gets in the way. Maybe I'll give you a ticket anyway. ;)

Pleeeeeeaaase?

Re the Pleeeeeeeeaaase part: Well........see........it's that whole rule #24 thing.......and well.......;)

as of today it looks like i will need 7532 more points to get a ticket. This is going to cut it close

What really sucks are people with half the active cpu's as me are producing twice as many ppd as me. Wish I had some gpu's that could fold or some dual core cpu's

[BRO]Alaskan;1030745182 said:
Don't count on it being that long... ;)

I'm diggin this tosi I bought.

2,342 in the lqast 24 hours thanks to the 1760s its cranking out, ~37 hours per wu, but its a 1.6ghz lappy so I cant complain lol

hell at this rate I may pick up a couple tickets :cool:

2x 1760 pointers coming in the next 12 hours after taking a horrible dive this weekend. :D

Re the Pleeeeeeeeaaase part: Well........see........it's that whole rule #24 thing.......and well.......;)

See? You really didn't want the the answer afterall did you Mr Moose?;) :p

Well I guess i am out :( I ridid my calculations this morning. I need 17k in 3 days to get to my target. I have added around 20 Ghz I can see a huge difference in my ppd but still nowhere close to what i need.

oh well

Damn Bulls Eye you have a potential of 23 tickets, I had to fight for my 1 ticket :(

Good work!

which means im still negative 2kppd even after adding like 40 cores to all the ones i already had, which is more than mildly annoying...

Well you are welcome to one of mine for all that you do for the science, the team, and global warming :)

Here's your Tuesday morning stats update...

STATS

And just for interest's sake.... Here are the number of tickets you would get if you stopped right now..... Or what you need for that next ticket

BTW... just 2 more days!

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

refresh it... Excel tends to do nasty things when in makes html sometimes.....

I need to learn how to make a .CSV into an html file.... But maybe Excel '07 plays nicer with creating a webpage?

Dates is showing up over order signed up in

you can save to html in excel 2003, I would imagine it would work in any version though.

I'm using Excel 03 right now... the problem with the "order they signed up in" and "dates" is because "order they signed up in" is rotated 90!°... and plus, you guys weren't intended to see that part anyhow....

Excel (in general) is horrible at making html for some reason.... it frequently screws things up when any kind of formatting is required...

I'd love to make the next contest fully web-based... but I'd have to learn a crapload of things to make it happen..... Alot of the contests we do can be done on Hardfolding (runoffs/etc), but sometimes King is a busy guy, and having him make corrections/changes/additions/etc is alot to ask.... With Excel, we can create/tweak forumlas etc to develop the contests alot easier than coding it in html/etc...

We're already talking about the next couple contests... coming up with ideas/prizes/etc... and I'm always trying to find better ways to get the data to you guys... But unfortunately, my knowledge of html, xml, etc is severely lacking... I'd love to be able to create an html template for each contest we do, and then run some kind of script to take a CSV and turn it into a cleanly coded, correctly displaying web page...

As for PDFs.... I never tried... I've always treated PDFs like the plague (severe hatred of Adobe :D ), so I never really looked into it....

I doubt I will have time until this weekend, but I can see what I can come up with on the csv and web based front.

I run a web design and consulting business on the side

I have no problem continuing to make the stats for anything, I mean I'm already processing the stats each update, sorting the data is not really an issue.

Before this round Viper asked me to create stats for it, the stats I created update each time the site does.

here

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

yup, what you do is much appreciated King, but sometimes the calculations we do for some contests get changed at the last minute (like in this contest)... So we don't want to inconvenience you while we're tweaking/perfecting a contest... As much as we change/tweak the contests before they get started, it's just easier to make those changes in Excel rather than PMing/emailing you to make a change that may not be what we want....

According to King_N's page on hf.com, my ppd now is precisely the increase I needed to get a ticket. Unfortunately, the "before" ppd is only the week before the contest (stupid November knocked my average up), and the "after" ppd is just the past week. *sigh* Oh, well, maybe for the next contest....

BTW, OSU, I'd also be willing to help out on a web-based stats thing for the next contest. I can't claim any status as a web guru, but I've got enough skills and experience to get it done.

For those of you that want to help with the next contest...we'll be in touch. :D

I hope so... I'm a little bummed about this one. Up to the start of this contest I've only ever had the same 7 machines folding. I've added 5 more and have not earned a single ticket and it seems my overall PPD has not really gone up. :confused: :( I've never gotten into trying to tweak this stuff though. It does seem that WU's take longer to complete now. Maybe it's just something different on the work units themselves. Don't matter either way though - it's all for a good cause. I should look into ways of improving my output though.

alot of this has to do with the protiens Stanford has been dishing out.... I added a couple machines and my PPD is almost exactly the same... my home machines have gotten nothing but those villan protiens and they just kill my ppd... I used to avg. about 600ppd on my home machines.... now, I'm only avg. about 400....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back