Rage 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, May 11, 2018.

1. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ard as it Gets

new patch introduces three new ways to play the game- New Game Plus, Ironman mode, and an ultra nightmare difficulty - as well as fixes and quality of life improvements...

AceGoober and Flogger23m like this.
  2. schoolslave

schoolslave Gawd

So is this worth $30?
    I played some at a walk-up PC at QuakeCon and it seemed fun... how repetitive is this game?

3. dark_reign

dark_reign 2[H]4U

It gets repetitive after a few hours, but it's still fun and gets much better when you get more powerful weapons. There is some grind for storage containers, data pads (all optional), etc. They keep adding new content for free every month which is great.

For $30 it's a pretty good deal. They've fixed most of the bugs, so it's pretty stable now. Maybe wait for a deeper sale if you're not sure.

AceGoober and schoolslave like this.
  4. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

It's fine for $30.

Even then though.. It's not great. Get Mad Max for like $5 and play the better version of this game.

5. odditory

odditory [H]ardness Supreme

Huh? Mad Max is a 3p buttonmash brawler. This game is a FPS with excellent gunplay.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod [H]ardness Supreme

I paid full price for it, don't regret it and am still having a lot of fun with it. It ain't nothing ground breaking. It's basically Borderlands, just not done as well. The combat and gunplay is superb though. I couldn't even tell you what the storyline is for the game. I'm literally just running around going from side mission to side mission for the combat.

Story I'd give this a 3 out of 10.
    Combat I'd give it a solid 9!
    Atmosphere is pretty solid too at about a 7.

AceGoober, J3RK and schoolslave like this.
  7. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

That’s all it has. The problem is that the gunplay is a small portion of a larger crap game.

8. madFive

madFive metal[H]ead

It's on sale for $20 this weekend. I don't have high hopes, but I'm ready for something new so trying it anyways...

9. polonyc2

how do the graphics compare to the first Rage game?...same, better, worse?

10. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

Some parts like the main hubs are better but the open world is pretty basic to me it lacks some of the charm of the original but I guess that's a tradeoff if you make the gameworld a lot bigger and use a different engine.

J3RK likes this.
  11. dark_reign

dark_reign 2[H]4U

Rise of The Ghosts DLC comes out on September 26. $15 or free if you bought the deluxe edition.

J3RK and Q-BZ like this.
  12. polonyc2

I forgot that Rage 2 used Avalanche's Apex engine and not id Tech...definitely won't look better then Rage 1 then

gigatexal likes this.
  13. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

As mentioned above, it does in some places but not others. I think overall id’s engine for RAGE had an overall edge on this. However, if some of the texture flaws of the original (low res in places) bothered you, this one fixes that. However, taken as a whole, in motion, during play, yeah the original was better.

Even though id-proper didn’t make this, you can still see and feel their influence, so there must have been plenty of consulting.

Overall from what I’ve played of RAGE 2 so far, it’s not bad, and still feels more RAGE than Borderlands to me, though the BL influence is definitely there.

I had to put it on hold for a bit though (had guests in town, then school started for my kids). I plan to get back to it pretty soon. Though I may run through Prey first as I mentioned in that thread.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    AceGoober likes this.
  14. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019 at 11:02 AM