Rage 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, May 11, 2018.

1. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

More or less where I'm at.

When I went in to my first bandit layer to clear it out the "first person Max Max" was beyond denying. That's mostly what this game is with a few odds and ends past that as several of us have indicated.

J3RK and Armenius like this.
  2. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I don’t disagree with any of the above really. That just marked the moment that I stopped thinking about it and did it. It just looks like fun (the actual game portions anyway.)

Armenius likes this.
  3. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Looks like Bethesda is poking fun at Walmart Canada for their leak of the game on their store. Games were actually shipped like this with the additional sleeve to people :ROFLMAO:.
    upload_2019-5-16_11-19-23.png

Flogger23m, odditory and J3RK like this.
  4. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nice to occasionally see a big company with a sense of humor. (even though I'm sure there was some real backlash behind the scenes) :D

Armenius likes this.
  5. misterbobby

misterbobby 2[H]4U

Anyone else have bad experience with the Bethesda launcher? I had purchased RAGE 2 from CD keys that activates on the Bethesda site. I had paused the download last night and today it started downloading the game FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. We have a data cap every month and not very fast internet so I sure as hell did not enjoy having to start that 33 GB download over. :mad:

6. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Some kind of checksum/resume functionality seems like a pretty big omission. That sucks, sorry to hear it!

7. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

Are you sure it dowloaded everything again? Some launchers do a data check that looks like it's downloading but will only download what is missing. I know the ESO launcher does this.

8. misterbobby

misterbobby 2[H]4U

yes it started the download over from the very beginning

9. arr4ws

arr4ws [H]ardness Supreme

i want to play rage 2 , but decided to finish mad max first. Good game so far!

MavericK and Armenius like this.
  10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I had to download it twice as well.

11. Armenius

The download was only 20-some GB on Steam. I guess they don't compress the files on Bethesda's launcher.

12. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

I think the reviewer who said this game was Garbage is suffering from Nausea I'm kinda getting it from this game and on a big monitor it could be really bad.

Screenshot_2019-05-16_14_48_41.png

Got Nausea?

13. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nausea is for squares and suckaz!

Manny Calavera and Armenius like this.
  14. Armenius

I've been playing with motion blur and my FOV set to 106. No issues with nausea whatsoever.

On another note, the patch released today removed Denuvo from the Steam version. Game loads a bit faster now.

Wade88 likes this.
  15. piratepress

piratepress [H]ard|Gawd

Just started playing it this evening, but I wrapped up my play through of the original Rage last week.

Clearly, the graphics of Rage 2 are much better (even with Rage's updated 16K textures at 4K) but if I didn't know better, there's no way I would have thought this was a sequel.

To me, it looks and plays like some Sci-Fi shooter like "Prey" instead of a follow-up to the original, gritty Rage.

That notwithstanding, I have been enjoying it even though it clearly feels like a reboot instead of a continuation.

Here's hoping Doom Eternal stays true to the id formula that made the 2016 game so successful.

Manny Calavera, Armenius and J3RK like this.
  16. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

Put about 6hrs into it last night. It's not as good as I was hoping for, but better than Rage 1.
    New Dawn looks better IMO, and plays better. 45-50fps avg. on high preset with motion blur disabled. Had to turn the auto-centering off on the vehicle camera because it was fucking with my eyes.
    I explored for a little bit, then went and hit 2 ARCS. Got Shatter and Vortex so far. Shatter is my go-to for crushing mutants instead of melee.

No crashes, and the only bug I've had so far was in the sewers killing Lugnut. For some reason, only 4 out of 6 Supply crates spawned. So I ran back through it again and they spawned side by side in the room where you have to hit the button to exit the level.

I'll report back after I put some more time into it. I really hope it gets better, I was expecting it to be fun like Mad Max....

Flogger23m and J3RK like this.
  17. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

I just re-installed Mad Max instead of buying this.

The combat in Rage 2 looks really good. The issue is that everything else seems pretty sub-par. This is a sub $30 game for me.

18. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

19. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

20. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

Another thing that pisses me off is the vehicle driving. Falling off these cliffs left and right!

Armenius likes this.
  21. Island

Island Gawd

Increase you FOV slider. I play on a Samsung 49" JS9000 and changed from default FOV 85 to 100. Much better

Armenius likes this.
  22. Ryan7968

Ryan7968 Limp Gawd

I only had two problems with Rage 1. The texture loading on the edges of the screen and the abrupt ending. I definitely remember getting to the last area and thinking that the game was just opening up, only to be very surprised that all of a sudden the game ended. I did love the combat especially all the ammo types for guns. The explosive rounds in that double barrel shotgun was my favorite.

$35 bucks for Rage 2 on cdkeys right now with the DLC, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and it is currently installing. First game I own on the Bethesda launcher. Sounds like the tone and aesthetics are quite different than Rage 1 from reading all these posts but I'm expecting to enjoy this game.

I doubt I can justify buying Doom Eternal on the Bethesda launcher since I'll want to have my Steam friends list for some co-op action.

Armenius likes this.
  23. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

This sounds dumb but I feel like it takes me a bit longer than it should to find some of these storage containers. Kind of ridiculous. Going to follow Polygons' and other guides to streamline this. Off to do Ground Control quest ASAP.

24. pek

pek prairie dog

I've found if you take some/ingest ginger prior to starting your game it helps a lot.

Manny Calavera and Q-BZ like this.
  25. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

I agree. Took me a good 20min to find all the storage containers in Doomsayer Peak last night. I keep wishing I had a headlamp or something since a lot of the interiors are dark af and the storage containers don't stand out at all besides having a purple top. I'm a 100%'er, so I gots to get 'em.

Manny Calavera, Armenius and Q-BZ like this.
  26. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

The guides are right: Get the Ground Control quest off the ground and done ASAP. Priority one. Then you can unlock abilities under projects that make life a lot easier for 100 percenter types. ;)

27. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I'm impressed with the gunplay and all of that of course but I'm also becoming more impressed with some of the art style and level design.

28. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

For anyone that has finished the game how long has it taken if you do most of the good side quests? I'd been reading around 12 hours if you rush it, maybe 20 if you do most of everything from reviewers. But checking the How Long to Beat Website (which tends to be accurate for me) it seems like users are finishing the main game + extras in around 13 hours. Wondering what I should expect. 13 hours seems short for a supposed open world game.

29. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I guess you could do that. I'm at about 8 hours or so and south of 30 percent total completion.

I should note that's according to Steam's timer on the page which I'm convinced runs faster than normal per their refund time window (conveniently) so it wouldn't surprise me if my play figure is really closer to 5-6 hours.

Besides getting Ground Control done ASAP I also recommend everyone go out of their way to make all five towns available for fast travel. The criticism on this is correct: A lot of the towns are bunched close to the center of the map so you will still be doing lots of driving, but this does help.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    arr4ws likes this.
  30. piratepress

piratepress [H]ard|Gawd

Really disappointed in this as it's nothing like the original Rage or Mad Max. Granted, the graphics are top-notch, but I hate all the tutorials forced on you and stupid projects you have to complete. I miss the old FPS where you could just jump in and play the whole game without any hand-holding or having to build all kinds of crap.

Here's praying Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood are better!

31. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

The game is OK. Thankfully, the actual gunplay and 'feel' seems to have the id software treatment. The gameplay loop itself though isn't that great. IMO the game is worse than Mad Max in almost every way besides the FPS mechanics feeling solid.

CAD4466HK likes this.
  32. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

How "twitchy" is Rage 2? I'm actually in the mood for something a little more fast paced and chaotic.

33. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

You can definitely get into "twitchy" and intense circumstances at least by my experience.

34. gigatexal

gigatexal [H]ardness Supreme

Thinking of building a system just for this game and Doom Eternal.

Armenius likes this.
  35. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

It's there, the issue is the pacing. When you actually have stuff going on it's fun. The issue is the extent of downtime, and honestly it makes you want to just go back and play through DOOM.

gigatexal and Armenius like this.
  36. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

This game needs to be played on at least hard. Normal is way too easy and I've sucked at video games for at least these past 5 years.

Armenius likes this.
  37. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

Normal is a cakewalk. Can't imagine how easy, Easy is.

38. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Easy is probably, pretty easy.

39. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I feel like I recognize the voice actress for Failsafe from Destiny 2 as the computer voice when you get one of nano abilities unlocked.

I also am fairly certain the voice of Claptrap from Borderlands is a voice of at least one of the enemies.

40. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

You are correct for the first one anyways https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1930228/?ref_=tt_cl_t11

Q-BZ likes this.