PS3 camping update

The publicity is showing though how much people "want" this item.
They might lose a few 100 people that just get the Wii instead, but overall
Sony now knows that people will do anything to get this.

I wonder for those that actually keep theirs, how fast will they lose interest in playing it due to the fact that:

a. not a very good game selection
b. they find out it doesn't look that great on a non-hdtv
c. they find out playing WoW was more exciting than the hype.

Grats to those that got one and keeping it and grats to those that scored a profit from ebay. I will personally wait as launch systems are never stable.

FFXII on PS2 and snowboarding will keep me busy until I get one in Jan-Feb.

SKINNER said:
My two brothers waited in line (at a Toys R Us) for a day and a half back when the preorders were announced. They were both excited as hell to have the preorders of the 60gig PS3s in their hands.

Fast forward to today, Launch Day -

One of my brothers just called me and told me that a person from Toys R Us called and said 'We have your 20gig PS3 ready for you to pick up. You have 24 hours to do so."
My brother said he about had a heart attack. He told them "No...I ordered a 60gig PS3" and the Toys R Us employee said "Sony cut our shipment and this is all we have". So yeah...my bros a pretty PISSED right now.

Oh yeah...both by brothers had their preorders sold on Ebay. But that was for 60gig models. So now they get to return the money.

PWND!! Sucks for my bros, but not their fault or Toys R Us.

I'm soooo glad I didn't get involved with this. I get to sit back and laugh.

I gotta say though. You couldn't kill for this type of hype. Deliberately cut short supply to create hype. The media is covering like mad and everyone is talking about it. Exactly what they wanted. Make it look like the system sells out.

Free PR.

lmfao PWNED. Go tell your "bro's" next time they try and leach from society they'll hopefully get the same treatment. Morons.

inotocracy said:
All publicity is good, this just makes the console even more of a must-have for the holidays.
We had this one lady walk up with some McDonald's coffee at like 7:45am...here's the conversation that followed:
Her: Do they still have any of those Playstations?
Me: Sorry, but they just gave out all the tickets...
Her: Really? Just now?
Me: Yeah...how long did it take you to get that coffee?
Her: Four minutes...
Me: Ouch...you would have been just in time for the last one.
Her: *GASP* Really?
*Whole line busts up laughing*
Me: Nope.

She was nice though...the 20 guys in suits who swung by at 6:45am trying to pick one up before work were jerks. We told them there were only 26, and sure enough, guy no.27 claims, "he used to work in retail, and he knows they have more than they say they do..."

Oh well, his loss.
We did get his reaction on camera when they handed out the last ticket to the guy in front of him though...priceless. :D

JD_LiVe said:
lmfao PWNED. Go tell your "bro's" next time they try and leach from society they'll hopefully get the same treatment. Morons.

sounds like the typical jealous person who wasnt able to get a PS3.

dont get me wrong. I also wanted a PS3 but you wont see me crying and wishing bad things on others just because I wasnt lucky enough.

oh well, life will go on.

Star Fox said:
Me: Yeah...how long did it take you to get that coffee?
Her: Four minutes...
Me: Ouch...you would have been just in time for the last one.
Her: *GASP* Really?
*Whole line busts up laughing*
Me: Nope.

LOL
:D

inotocracy said:
All publicity is good, this just makes the console even more of a must-have for the holidays.

Making people scared of buying one isn't a good thing (Holy shit, am I going to be stabbed on the way out of the store if I get my hands on one)?

Trust me, I want the hype to be positive as I've got three of them that will be heading to auction, but a lot of this news just isn't the kind of thing that is going to help Sony out.

K600 said:
Making people scared of buying one isn't a good thing (Holy shit, am I going to be stabbed on the way out of the store if I get my hands on one)?

Trust me, I want the hype to be positive as I've got three of them that will be heading to auction, but a lot of this news just isn't the kind of thing that is going to help Sony out.

Hearing about a few people getting robbed after buying a PS3 wouldn't scare away most people, and as another member already stated this just implies that the system is a hot item which will make people want it even more. All publicity is good.

We had some old lady (40-50) walk by, and mutter "You all need to get girlfriends."

My buddy yelled back "You'd think that, but I am going home and getting some pussy when this is over."

She called the store a few minutes later to complain :D

Viper87227 said:
We had some old lady (40-50) walk by, and mutter "You all need to get girlfriends."

My buddy yelled back "You'd think that, but I am going home and getting some pussy when this is over."

We had one guy who had a cooler with 3x 40oz. Bud Ices...
I don't know how the cops found out about it, but they made him go dump it out, which sucks, because if he were drunk, I'm pretty sure he would have sold his 60GB spot for like $500.

Star Fox said:
We had one guy who had a cooler with 3x 40oz. Bud Ices...
I don't know how the cops found out about it, but they made him go dump it out, which sucks, because if he were drunk, I'm pretty sure he would have sold his 60GB spot for like $500.

...you would have paid it?

inotocracy said:
...you would have paid it?
Heck yeah, I would have paid it.
Cash too.

I bought my #17 spot (@ BB, so 60GB) for $800 cash.
Add that to the $650 for the console, and it's up to around 1.5k
Considering they're going for at least 2k on eBay, that's not a bad deal at all.

JD_LiVe said:

Don't be upset because you didn't get one. I'm willing to bet 80% of the people lucky enough to get one today are selling them on Ebay. If people are going to pay the money for it, then that is their choice. Don't call my brothers 'morons' because other people are willing to pay the crazy prices seen on Ebay.

inotocracy said:
So you're gonna sell it for profit?
Yeah...
Only 3 people at that BB were planning on keeping it.

I don't know who they were, I just know that it was #2 (screwattack.com guys' non-charity PS3), #7 (some really cool/brave mom who wanted to make sure her son got one), and number #10 (some "video game" player).

Star Fox said:
I bought my #17 spot (@ BB, so 60GB) for $800 cash.
Add that to the $650 for the console, and it's up to around 1.5k
Considering they're going for at least 2k on eBay, that's not a bad deal at all.
I advise you to get that thing on ebay NOW... the prices will drop at some point and you don't want to get left with a loss.

ozziegn said:
sounds like the typical jealous person who wasnt able to get a PS3.

dont get me wrong. I also wanted a PS3 but you wont see me crying and wishing bad things on others just because I wasnt lucky enough.

oh well, life will go on.

Not really. It sounds like a person who hates idiots ruining launch for people who actually want one. Is that so hard to understand? Or do people have to be "jealous" to have morals? So if you want to believe that I'm actually jealous - fine, if that makes you happy. But, I can assure that I absolutely hate anyone who does this (omgz yeah man I'm so jealous just because I think this).

- You sound like the type of person who'll screw anyone for as much money as possible. I on the other hand would like to see the consoles in the hands of people WHO WANT ONE. I wanted a console and bought a 360 (on launch and omgwtf I kept it). I won't be buying another console - as my main reason for purchase was the ease of multiplayer when friends come round.

SO....go and stick your comments up your arse - because I'm sick of people saying "Omg man you are so jealous just because you don't like people ebaying the console". Infact - I'm not. So live with it kk?

Viper87227 said:

almost a witty comeback...

unfortunately, wanking it to britney spears posters isn't considered "sex" by most legal definitions... and if, for some reason, he does have a girlfriend.... i bet she's a real looker

i already know your response, please, don't bother

Psychotext said:
I advise you to get that thing on ebay NOW... the prices will drop at some point and you don't want to get left with a loss.
Yeah, I'm putting the auctions up now.
Two out of the first 4 I put up (all 20GBs) got messed up when some 0 feedback person did buy it now on both of them. WTH is up with all those 0-20 feedback people pulling crap like that?

Star Fox said:
Two out of the first 4 I put up (all 20GBs) got messed up when some 0 feedback person did buy it now on both of them. WTH is up with all those 0-20 feedback people pulling crap like that?

hahahahahahhahaahahahahha

ahahahahahhaaaahahahahha

Star Fox said:

Welcome to the internet.

It's not really hard to keep most of the fake bids down. Cancel the bids that are obviously fake (Typically users with 0 feedback who registered recently, dont respond to feedback, and have bid on several other auctions for the same thing).

I'll laugh when people who typically use eBay for personal use go and create dupe accounts, ruin peoples' auctions, and get IP banned.

mike686 said:
And just to think, there's a couple million more people where he came from.
I know people like to be anonymous jerks over the internet, but I've never seen so many fake bids on eBay.

I didn't do any fake bids, but I'll admit that I did send some nasty "Questions" to some of the sellers.

Star Fox said:
I know people like to be anonymous jerks over the internet, but I've never seen so many fake bids on eBay.

i don't understand why sellers can't just set up the auction so that people with less than X number of bids can't bid.

It's possible that some of us have low bid accounts but are legit. I think I've bought 4 things off eBay over the years.

Granted, I'll just hold out and pay retail for a PS3. I'm not in an actual hurry since Sony still expects to get over 1M units to NA before January. All of 'em air shipped until initial demand is satisfied.

SKINNER said:
My two brothers waited in line (at a Toys R Us) for a day and a half back when the preorders were announced. They were both excited as hell to have the preorders of the 60gig PS3s in their hands.

Fast forward to today, Launch Day -

One of my brothers just called me and told me that a person from Toys R Us called and said 'We have your 20gig PS3 ready for you to pick up. You have 24 hours to do so."
My brother said he about had a heart attack. He told them "No...I ordered a 60gig PS3" and the Toys R Us employee said "Sony cut our shipment and this is all we have". So yeah...my bros a pretty PISSED right now.

Same thing happened to me. I camped out for the pre-order and was #5 out of 7 slots.
They were supposed to get six 60gb and one 20gb. The next morning the manager handed out the vouchers and actually gave out seven 60gb and one 20gb.

Toys R Us opened at 9am this morning. I would have been there earlier but was trying for the costco online sale. Got to Toys R Us at 9:20am and was told they didn't have anymore 60gb. Honestly I was relieved to just get a 20gb. After EB screwed me over I was afraid.

The manager apologized profusely and told me Sony lied and only shipped them three 60gb and three 20gb. They started giving out the 60gb to whichever pre-order people arrived first this morning. If I had got there right at 9am I could have had a 60gb. But if they only got three of them, and I was #5 in line, it's only fair I got a 20gb.

I really feel sorry because 2 people who think they are getting PS3s from that Toys R Us, aren't getting anything today not even a 20gb. And since they are just giving them first come first serve to the pre-order people, it's conceivable the #1 person in line may not get one if they don't get down there before everyone else. :(

Sony is pathetic.

Stereophile said:
Same thing happened to me. I camped out for the pre-order and was #5 out of 7 slots.
They were supposed to get six 60gb and one 20gb. The next morning the manager handed out the vouchers and actually gave out seven 60gb and one 20gb.

Toys R Us opened at 9am this morning. I would have been there earlier but was trying for the costco online sale. Got to Toys R Us at 9:20am and was told they didn't have anymore 60gb. Honestly I was relieved to just get a 20gb. After EB screwed me over I was afraid.

The manager apologized profusely and told me Sony lied and only shipped them three 60gb and three 20gb. They started giving out the 60gb to whichever pre-order people arrived first this morning. If I had got there right at 9am I could have had a 60gb. But if they only got three of them, and I was #5 in line, it's only fair I got a 20gb.

I really feel sorry because 2 people who think they are getting PS3s from that Toys R Us, aren't getting anything today not even a 20gb. And since they are just giving them first come first serve to the pre-order people, it's conceivable the #1 person in line may not get one if they don't get down there before everyone else. :(

Sony is pathetic.

:eek: fag

Lamont said:
If you look on the left side there is a video of Fresno people (Fresno sucks). Cops should have bear-maced them.

LOLOLOL!!!!

This proves that people need to go extinct like dinosaurs did.

i was going to camp out, but like i said before, i have a job/school etc. All the people i know that camped out are selling them, i would be (if i had gone) the only one that would have actually kept it. I even went out and got me a nice HDMI cable for my new HDTV.. lol.

Funny story is i went to the local BB ~12:30 EST to pick up a 360 for gears of war and low and behold i go back to get a buggy to grab the stuff in and they are unpacking two of them so i managed to snag one up and a 360 pretty good for not camping out if i say.

theDreamer said:
The publicity is showing though how much people "want" this item.
They might lose a few 100 people that just get the Wii instead, but overall
Sony now knows that people will do anything to get this.

I think it's douchebag thugs and criminals who think they will make thousands on ebay that will do anything for them. Not regular sane people.

Sony knows jackall. I am so glad I did not participate in this launch.

Kahnvex said:
I think it's douchebag thugs and criminals who think they will make thousands on ebay that will do anything for them.
Perhaps, but then perhaps not.

Stereophile said:
Sony lied
That sounds about right.

Kahnvex said:
I think it's douchebag thugs and criminals who think they will make thousands on ebay that will do anything for them. Not regular sane people.

Sony knows jackall. I am so glad I did not participate in this launch.

the funny thing though, is that people the rob people like that are not smart enough to not get tricked on ebay by "Nigerian Royalty." I cannot wait till they get the fake "paypal" email that says $10,000 has been deposited into your paypal account, and here is my paid fedex shipping account, please end console. lol.... i can just see it now!

spotdog14 said:
the funny thing though, is that people the rob people like that are not smart enough to not get tricked on ebay by "Nigerian Royalty." I cannot wait till they get the fake "paypal" email that says $10,000 has been deposited into your paypal account, and here is my paid fedex shipping account, please end console. lol.... i can just see it now!
Yes, because if you're a criminal, you're stupid.

Back