Post Your Workstations 2017

Finally took some pictures under better lighting, though as usual I can't take decent pictures in this room.
Mmak9jv.jpg

Mwrp2pH.jpg
wow that looks great!

I re-org my desk area and added a new Samsung 43 inch curved tv as main monitor. The alienware has an AGA with 1080 card in it powering all the monitors, it's hidden behind the monitors. I still have some clean up to do and maybe add a light behind the monitors.

left of Samsung - dell p2416d
Right - dell u3415w

IMG_20170509_103608.jpg

Plotted: Burstcoin.

C:\100GB: Raid 0 256GB OS drive. 2 x Samsung 840 pro 128GB SSD
D:\100GB: 700GB Storage HDD
E:\1TB: 1TB HDD
F:\74.5GB: 80GB HDD
H:\55.7GB: Vertex II 60GB SSD
I:\152GB: 160GB Maxtor HDD LOL from like 2004, SATA 1.5Gb/s.
Yesterday: Setting backup my RIG.
MNkuqGz.jpg

Today

This is my work-room. The side that you can't see is a 47" LCD and my PC gaming setup. The side in the pic is where I design and build analog synthesizers.

IMG_2153.JPG

Finally, a good excuse to clean up my home office setup!

The Razer is my mobile gaming/VM-work environment. Desktop is my home gaming/VM-work environment. The HP ML350 G6 tower under the desk is my ESXi/HyperV (depending on what's going on) lab environment. The HP all-in-one is my media-in-the-background and fingerpaint app distraction for my 3-year-old environment. Finally, the MacBook Air is my pickup-and-go writing/browsing/research-from-the-couch environment. :)

Desk 2017.JPG

20170515_154015_sm.png

Acer Predator 32" 4K GSync monitor center, two Dell 1440p 23" monitors left and right, two ASUS 21" 1080p monitors above.
4K monitor driven by a ROG Strix GTX 1080, other monitors driven by a ROG Strix GTX 1060. i7-6700K CPU.
CoolerMaster Haf-XB case, NovaTouch TKL keyboard, custom-made wrist rest with washable sock cover.
Ikea desk (only partly shown) and legs for shelves, customized chair :).
Galaxy S8 wireless charging station, Mikasa "Geometric Circles" coffee cup, Logitech mice (one for work, one for play).
CyberPower GX1325U Sine-Wave UPS
Not shown: docked Surface Pro 3 and Dell 23" 1080p monitor.

Last edited:
View attachment 25004
Acer Predator 32" 4K GSync monitor center, two Dell 1440p 23" monitors left and right, two ASUS 21" 1080p monitors above.
4K monitor driven by a ROG Strix GTX 1080, other monitors driven by a ROG Strix GTX 1060. i7-6700K CPU.
CoolerMaster Haf-XB case, NovaTouch TKL keyboard, custom-made wrist rest with washable sock cover.
Ikea desk (only partly shown) and legs for shelves, customized chair :).
Galaxy S8 wireless charging station, Mikasa "Geometric Circles" coffee cup, Logitech mice (one for work, one for play).
CyberPower GX1325U Sine-Wave UPS
Not shown: docked Surface Pro 3 and Dell 23" 1080p monitor.

PENTAFINITY!

Guess I need to straighten my space up to take a pic. Ugh.

Looks like more than a few here have "rescued" old work desks/cabinets/metal file cabinets. I'm seeing stuff that looked like places I worked 10-15 years ago.

Guess I need to straighten my space up to take a pic. Ugh.

Looks like more than a few here have "rescued" old work desks/cabinets/metal file cabinets. I'm seeing stuff that looked like places I worked 10-15 years ago.

I was looking for a small desk for the garage and came across that cubicle with 3 file cabinets for $50 on craigslist, so I got that and put it in the garage.

And I just rearranged yesterday too. Btw, I do realize I'm near 30 and still have Sonic stuff...that's about the full extend of it, lol. Also need to step up my desk chair game.
IMG_9557.JPG
IMG_9558.JPG

I'm digging a lot of the chairs in these setups; I have to up my chair game haha.

I suppose I'l post mine later. Currently on a bender and desk is cluttered with beer cans.

Some sweet multi display setups in here... I probably should stop browsing before I get any ideas that turn into purchases.

Some pretty awesome setups here.

My wife and I are moving things around, but this is one of my current temp setups. It's basically how it will be setup in the future with some minor differences. This setup is just for gaming. My work machine is actually immediately to the right of it with a multi monitor setup.

2b2ig3Bh.jpg

Changes include

• Painting the damn wall. I prefer darker tones, so maybe wall paints, shelves, etc.
  • The table was a $10 purchase from a thrift store and it's been AWESOME. It's freaking over 6 feet long. But since it was so cheap I might mod some stuff into it like a usb3 hub on the front right for gaming controllers.
  • Shelves and lighting. So much underutilized space, it annoys me!
  • 11 year old tv is 11 years old. Selling it hopefully at a yard sale the next few weeks and possibly replacing it with something more current, if only to remount this whole thing so the tv angles down more.
  • Please don't pick on my horrible ac installation :)
  • The monitors a great acer xb271hu running at 165hz, but if it's a cheesy indie like Dead Cells, or console ports like Dead Souls 3, Bayonetta, Nier...I'll play it on the tv also occasionally.

Haha it's so hard to keep desks picture perfect and uncluttered day to day, isn't it?!

Here is my Rig and Desktop
3 4K UHD Samsung monitors
Antec 1080 Case
I7 3930K 3.2 @ 4.2 Ghz
Crucial X80 Liquid Cooling
Biostar T-Power X79
16 GB DDR3 2400 MHZ
2 x XFX Radeon 7970
128 GB Samsung SSD
3 X 2TB raid 5 array
Altec Lansing Speakers
IMG_20170516_2153112.jpg
IMG_20170516_2153514.jpg

been moving my desk around
was the kids room

but expecting a second one in a few months
so moved the kids room to a bigger one :ninja:

finally had time to tidy up
hide cables

20170517_163958.jpg

20170517_164155.jpg

still thinking about what to do about the nick nack corner

would fit a tv too

hmm :D
but then I might rather go 34" 21:9 display instead

the CPU's are all the ones I've used over the years
though as a dad of (soon) 2 kids and a husband the i5's are not part of it

AMD still missing
no time yet :coffee:

OK so I did a little housecleaning today, let's give this a shot.

desk1.jpg
desk2.jpg

The "desk" is 2 butcher block desktops from Ikea, one end is open end bookcase and other end is a 5 drawer shelf. Really this is 2 desks that I put together in an L, and has a few of the bar legs under it for support. My PC is underneath, on a $10 northen rolling furniture dolly... meant to paint it all black and forgot. Monitor are Acer K272HUL 1440p's mounted on a cheapo dual monitor arm I got off Amazon 10 years ago, and was never designed to accommodate anything nearly this big. Oh and of course, my glorious Klipsch Promedia's! Bought in 2000 and still kickin' (after an amp repair 7 years ago).

The kitty kat needlepoint is a gift from the Mrs that she did herself and had framed.

edit - the thing under the desk on the green basket thing is my PS4, I game in here sometimes when the Mrs is watching her never ending HGTV shows on the bigscreen in the living room. I stuck it on there to get it off the floor, LOL

Last edited:
been moving my desk around
was the kids room

but expecting a second one in a few months
so moved the kids room to a bigger one :ninja:

finally had time to tidy up
hide cables

20170517_163958.jpg

20170517_164155.jpg

still thinking about what to do about the nick nack corner

would fit a tv too

hmm :D
but then I might rather go 34" 21:9 display instead

the CPU's are all the ones I've used over the years
though as a dad of (soon) 2 kids and a husband the i5's are not part of it

AMD still missing
no time yet :coffee:

Do you have the PC mounted to the wall with a TV mount? Interesting...

And I have an Intel 80186 somewhere if you want a granddaddy for your chip collection...

Do you have the PC mounted to the wall with a TV mount? Interesting...

And I have an Intel 80186 somewhere if you want a granddaddy for your chip collection...

A 186? Those were pretty rare. As I recall no IBM compatible PC's e we shipped with them, just some other startups and embedded systems.

The "IBM Compatible" industry jumped directly from the 8086 and it's low cost 8088 little brother to the 80286.

A 186? Those were pretty rare. As I recall no IBM compatible PC's e we shipped with them, just some other startups and embedded systems.

The "IBM Compatible" industry jumped directly from the 8086 and it's low cost 8088 little brother to the 80286.

I picked up an 80186 out of an early graphics design/cad terminal (An intergraph?) It was pretty cool for the age - 20+ inch built in monitor and a ton of individual expansion boards.

Back