Post Your Workstations 2017

After nearly 14 years in my loft condo, I'm finally getting my own house.

Last shot of my workstation before the big move, next month.

Vyr4Cqa.jpg

Last edited:
Renting right now so can't make the setup too permanent. Hence the folding tables and lack of wall decorations. Chair is a $140 knockoff of the dxracer, it is not very comfy and I'll need to get a new one soon. And I hate that the sticker on the right speaker doesn't peel off cleanly, ugh.
FX2NvIp.jpg

0rwpoUk.jpg

Rigs from left to right:
-Q6600 with gtx 260, not really used, just threw it together for giggles
-8320e hyper-v server + hulu/Netflix + d3/d2 botting, displays on the top IPS monitor
-5820k, 1080ti, water cooled, main rig
Y3ajwn4.jpg

Renting right now so can't make the setup too permanent. Hence the folding tables and lack of wall decorations. Chair is a $140 knockoff of the dxracer, it is not very comfy and I'll need to get a new one soon. And I hate that the sticker on the right speaker doesn't peel off cleanly, ugh.
FX2NvIp.jpg

0rwpoUk.jpg

Rigs from left to right:
-8320e hyper-v server + hulu/Netflix + d3/d2 botting, displays on the top IPS monitor
Y3ajwn4.jpg

Way to fuck the community, cheater.

FX2NvIp.jpg

0rwpoUk.jpg

Rigs from left to right:

Sweet monitor stand! +3 Food Stamps. I use a bookbox myself :p

Reactions: st4rk
like this
FX2NvIp.jpg

0rwpoUk.jpg

Rigs from left to right:
Y3ajwn4.jpg

Goo-Gone for that sticker is your best friend, that would drive me f$1*ing nuts.

All moved into the new house and set up. Looks damn near identical to my condo workstation. Still need to clean up the wires better.

kOmZElJ.jpg

4LhXLDR.jpg

7fn82VV.jpg

All moved into the new house and set up. Looks damn near identical to my condo workstation. Still need to clean up the wires better.

7fn82VV.jpg

Am I the only one that hates the fact that every connection to the internet is viewed as an opportunity to sell you something?

Let me know if you come up with a solution for those lights. I have some similar setups that I refuse to hang until I figure out a better way to hide the wiring.

Am I the only one that hates the fact that every connection to the internet is viewed as an opportunity to sell you something?

Let me know if you come up with a solution for those lights. I have some similar setups that I refuse to hang until I figure out a better way to hide the wiring.
I thought about painting the cords the same color as my wall, but it probably would look even worse.

I thought about painting the cords the same color as my wall, but it probably would look even worse.
Other people just use the cables for art - I personally like just wiring them properly and not letting them hang around (see pic with tv)

Attachments

• cbcb0e6eb0cccc0a1bbae51d41da7be5--hide-cables-hide-tv-cords.jpg
    cbcb0e6eb0cccc0a1bbae51d41da7be5--hide-cables-hide-tv-cords.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 135
  • b7c318371a5e9840cd2a4baf32b2ed06.jpg
    b7c318371a5e9840cd2a4baf32b2ed06.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: K-Mac
like this
I think it might be a rite of passage to post terrible pictures of decent setups, followed by an impulse purchase of a DSLR that you'll only use twice (once to post better pics, once more because of buyer's remorse).

Hi

Here are some photos of the workstation and the entire house that I´ve been developing since I was eighteen years old, I´d like to share some of the projects and knowledge about green energy and sustainability.

I tried to capture the house exactly how it looks when you arrive and get into to, is a little dark because is a man cave I took maybe 10 shots to make one photo and was pretty hard to capture the vision that we have when you sit to play something or watch a movie.

I have two setups, the first one is for gaming, movie and work, the second one is for watch movies with friends and family. The entire house is powered by green energy, I have one sun water heater for the hot water, all the house were made using recycle parts from another houses / company's. I will try to list everything that I have here, some people think that the house is not real because looks like one store or playland, the truth is that neverland from MJ was my inspiration and I´m not even close of that...The house has automation for everything, I can turn on the lights, music, movie, the kitchen and even control the pressure of the water, the temp and the flow.

The room and the office are jumped together with cables from outside of the house, so If you want to play games in setup 2 you just need to change the monitor and audio setup. If you want to watch some movie in setup 1 from setup 2, you just have to change the entry in Denon receiver, all the house is connected together and working as it should after long years of test and programming. In the setup 1 if you want to play using TV you just need to change to monitor 2, if you want to use the headphones just change the audio output for Razer board, if you want to play using headphone in setup 1 with cockpit you just need to grab the second Razer Tiamat and plug in the Sony receiver.

I´m so sorry for the bad quality of some photos, I had to use my cellphone because my lens could not take the photo so close. maybe I will do one update when I get one canon 10/22 mm. Me and my friends use to do some lan parties over here, there is one video of us doing one stress test with Asus and the ISP. Since everything in the house has one IP and access to the internet, the 400 / 200 ISP link sometimes is less for what the house want, right now the Asus is showing me 5 / 6 TB of traffic peer month, crazy right?

Some shots:

This is the electric panel of the house, everything were made by hand and with Siemens products for best quality, I use one sand fuse for setup 1 and another one for setup 2, that´s filter the noise from power surge and delivery clean energy for the entire house, also it has DPS for rain lighting protection, two grounds, even for the cable TV and telephone line, all the receptacles are hospital grade, kitchen receptacles are waterproof, it has one Smappee to monitor the power surge for the entire house, it´s an awesome product:

zb7HbXq.jpg

AZHTAUj.jpg

eG7Qwyj.jpg

With the red Acer laptop that I use to work ( I left it plugged in the table because is more fast and easy to get out and get in when I need to do some fast jobs/projects with customers ).

0FlYkYI.jpg

laptop closed.

Panoramic view

CjcxMDy.jpg

This is how I use the system, almost with all the lights off and just some little blue and warm light to keep the climate of men´s cave.

ejHcww9.jpg

The second monitor for play games or watch movies / Chromecast videos ( smart TV ).

pD923Is.jpg

Couch mode

0EzOl7N.jpg

Cockpit mode

XL22BXr.jpg

The couch get´s out of the room and I install the cockpit for play some games on TV, we can use the 7.1 home theater or the Razer Tiamat 7.1 if there´s someone in the same room using another computer / arcade and we don´t want to disturber or make so much noise.

This is the back view of the couch / cockpit setup with surround speakers

ITM5f9Y.jpg

This is an old project that I´ve made in the past, it uses one computer inside with Hyperspin and almost 500 GB of games and emulators, built in speakers and with one original CRT tube from 1990, also one coin selector that works with 25 cents.

ARmKv20.jpg

ECP0sIV.jpg

The seat chair that I´ve made.

7vvMqqL.jpg

-> Project link - > https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/777602-car-seat-as-a-chair-audi-a8-seat/

The entry view of the house with arcade in the background and kitchen / cinema room.

FmolVRV.jpg

This is the setup 2, the photo looks like a little ''dead'' and with no life because of the poor lighting, sometimes is hard to take one shot of some place that is dark almost 90% of the time like one movie theater.

ZSLbD5N.jpg

Close up with all the spikes for and bases for isolation/vibration

BkecGNN.jpg

This is the back view of the room / kitchen, the kitchen was made with old bricks from 1960, it has automation in lights, kitchen appliances and food garbage disposal, also it uses one Nest protect v2 to monitoring all the activity of the place.

12Evtdp.jpg

The gas burner that I did, less space = creativity to solve the problem.

mUKpJqH.jpg

Working

SdHxiJD.jpg

Nest protect V2.0 taking care of the entire house, I highly recommend this product for everyone that want to protect the house / family and your ''investments''.

U1Stpkz.jpg

If you want to know more about this, check this out and see how smartness one smoke alarm can be and save money / family.

I can take more photos of the green power station and house, but I think this is not the focus of this topic and forum.
I hope you like my hard work,

Here is the list for setup 1:

Samsung 52' Lcd Series 6 FullHD.
Monitor Benq XL24t 3D Vision2 Nvidia.
Pioneer 212D.
Pioneer BDR-206BK.
Razer BlackWindow Ultimate Keyboard
Razer DeathVadder Mouse.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia Kit.
Western Digital 4TB External Hard Drive.
Palm TX for house automation.
ASUS AC68U Plus TPLINK 8 Ports Switch.
Internet Speed -> ONT Vivo Fibra 400/170 mb
Wirelles Xbox360 Kit.
Microsoft LifeCam Studio 1080p HD Webcam
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel / Cockpit
WDTV Live G3.
Chromecast 2
Receptacles Hubbell Hospital Grade / Leviton.
APC Power Surge Filters.
Headphone Razer Tiamat 7.1 x 2 + USB Offboard sound 7.1 Vantec.
Laptop Acer 5100 - Zmodo HD Surveilance System.
Laptop Samsung - Server + 10TB in Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA External.
Laptop Acer E5 - I use to work almost everyday and this stay in the table until I have to grab and get out every morning.
Lacrosse Weather Station model 330-2315 Professional Weather Station
The table was made by me, is an old door of one cabinet with acrylic supports, the entire house were made using stainless steel screws.

Computer:

Asus Maximus formula x38
Quad Q6600
8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066Mhz
Gtx770 Zotac
Zalman Fan Controler
OCZ SteathSteam 600watts
Corsair H50 Hydro Series
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB Solid State Drive
Wester Digital 1TB internal Hard drive
ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim 24-bit Stereo PCI Low Profile

Arcade Machine:

I used one old cabinet from a local store.
There´s a computer inside with 500GB of games.
I use Hyperspin for emulation.
There is light buttons for player 1 and 2 and one coin selector that works with 25cents of dollar =]
Over here you dont have to buy the coins, I can gave it for free.

Sound and Speakers

Home Theater 7.2 Sony Model DAV-DZ77T.
Speakers Stands were all made by me with acrylic and scrap parts from music stores.

Cables and Accessories.

Hdmi Blue Jeans,
Audio - Monster Optic and Coaxial.
Signal Power Cable.
RCA Sthaca ( By Thalles ).
Belden Power Cable.
Sthaca / RCA Din.
Spikes ViaBlue / in speakers.

Here is the setup 2 / Room:

Projector Optoma HD25.
3d Vision 2 Nvidia.
HD 8TB MyBook Essential Western Digital.
Palm TX / Palm T5
Harmony Ultimate HUB.
Router ASUS AC68 ( AP MODE )
WDTV Live G3.
Blu Ray Player BDP-S590.
Receptacles Hubbell 8300.
APC power surge.
DIY Home Made Projector Screen 106''.
Electric Curtains.
Lights Lutron Maestro.
Nest Home Protect V2
Harmony HUB Ultimate Control.

Sound and Speakers

Receiver Denon 3312.

Front Speakers - Klipsch F-2 Synergy.
Center - Klipsch Synergy C-3.
Surrounds - Klipsch B-2 Synergy.
Subwoofer - Sunfire True Signature Series TS-EQ12
ELG Speakers Stands
ViaBlue Spikes

Cables and Accessories

Hdmi Blue Jeans.
Audio - Blue Jeans Optic and Coaxial.
RCA Sthaca DIY.
Belden Power Cable DIY.
Sthaca / RCA Din DIY.
Spikes DIY / Viablue.

thanks guys, I did some updates after 2016
=]

This is my Xeon setup. I hardly sit at this one, I just remote into it from the garage.
I did install a Corsair Lighting Node Pro with 3 LED strips into the case today just so I can change the colors or turn the LED brightness down or off.

22555433_1678636675488633_6474693275792828431_o.jpg

Found this old custom crazy build I did back in 2006 and thought id share :)

Tried for best cooling as in air and water! Floor standing box fan combind with water cooling and lots of Lubic! haha liked that case back when but damn was a lot of work to make it happen.. Air flows from the bottom front and back passing threw the HDDs to cool them and straight up threw the daul 360 rads to cool those without case fans and then forced by the motherboard cooling everything else and up to the top fan and out.

I'm curious, what's the RPi cluster used for?

LoL, decoration for now.

I have been busy with work, kid, family and other projects so I haven't find time to dive back to my Raspberry Pi projects lately.

I have a total of 6 Pi(s), some you don't see it in the picture.

1) The original Raspberry Pi 1 model B serving as a wireless G router right now and particularly used to allow my wireless printers to connect to the LAN.

2) 1 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B serving as an on-the-go time lapse camera that I bring to family gathering or friend's party. It is setup as a wireless router w/o Internet connectivity. The wireless router's sole purpose is to allow WiFi device like smartphone connect to it via WiFi and control time lapse camera settings via a webpage and grab recorded videos from it.

3) 1 Raspberry Pi Zero, I haven't start this project yet but I plan to use it as the brain for a smart mirror.

4) The 4 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B cluster, that's the one you saw in the picture. I haven't start this project yet either. It is meant for me to learn how to configure a cluster environment and parallel programming. I am a software engineer and my company haven't have a need to involve with clustering or parallel programming so I want to learn more about it in my spare time.

LoL, decoration for now.

4) The 4 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B cluster, that's the one you saw in the picture. I haven't start this project yet either. It is meant for me to learn how to configure a cluster environment and parallel programming. I am a software engineer and my company haven't have a need to involve with clustering or parallel programming so I want to learn more about it in my spare time.

This. I have some boards for this same purpose, though I've made about as much progress as you. I moved to a management position six months ago, and I've had to temporarily store my brain on a shelf, but I would love to get a better understanding of clusters and parallel programming.

Hi

Here are some photos of the workstation and the entire house that I´ve been developing since I was eighteen years old, I´d like to share some of the projects and knowledge about green energy and sustainability.

I tried to capture the house exactly how it looks when you arrive and get into to, is a little dark because is a man cave I took maybe 10 shots to make one photo and was pretty hard to capture the vision that we have when you sit to play something or watch a movie.

I have two setups, the first one is for gaming, movie and work, the second one is for watch movies with friends and family. The entire house is powered by green energy, I have one sun water heater for the hot water, all the house were made using recycle parts from another houses / company's. I will try to list everything that I have here, some people think that the house is not real because looks like one store or playland, the truth is that neverland from MJ was my inspiration and I´m not even close of that...The house has automation for everything, I can turn on the lights, music, movie, the kitchen and even control the pressure of the water, the temp and the flow.

The room and the office are jumped together with cables from outside of the house, so If you want to play games in setup 2 you just need to change the monitor and audio setup. If you want to watch some movie in setup 1 from setup 2, you just have to change the entry in Denon receiver, all the house is connected together and working as it should after long years of test and programming. In the setup 1 if you want to play using TV you just need to change to monitor 2, if you want to use the headphones just change the audio output for Razer board, if you want to play using headphone in setup 1 with cockpit you just need to grab the second Razer Tiamat and plug in the Sony receiver.

I´m so sorry for the bad quality of some photos, I had to use my cellphone because my lens could not take the photo so close. maybe I will do one update when I get one canon 10/22 mm. Me and my friends use to do some lan parties over here, there is one video of us doing one stress test with Asus and the ISP. Since everything in the house has one IP and access to the internet, the 400 / 200 ISP link sometimes is less for what the house want, right now the Asus is showing me 5 / 6 TB of traffic peer month, crazy right?

=]

I love the setup and the creativity. you should post this in the mancave subforum. What country are you in?

Looks like a fun space. I just have one question. What are those rectangular things that almost look like they're made out of paper that are sitting in the grey rack on the wall?

Are you referring to the last holder in the magazine rack? Those are just white envelopes that I flipped to the back side so it doesn't show my address information in the picture. :)

Are you referring to the last holder in the magazine rack? Those are just white envelopes that I flipped to the back side so it doesn't show my address information in the picture. :)

It was an attempt at magazine humor. :D

Do you actually work with a rackmount server on your desk? The one bastard in the lab that refuses to move his test systems to the dedicated test system room gets enough dirty looks, I couldn't imagine having one of those in my home.
Well - Newer Rackservers are pretty quiet. But still - Doesn't belong on a normal desk :D

Back