Post Your Workstations 2016

It looks to me like a variety of Dracena--they are pretty easy to keep and common amongst the indoor plant sections of nurseries and places like Home Depot/Lowes.

Love the introduction to a random skill set! Lot's of artists, builders, craftsmen, etc... on the forums, very few botanists or horticulturists.

Bamboo, by the way, is another fairly unkillable plant, and it also does well with relatively little sunlight.

Last edited:
how long is that desk?

Its roughly 2.5m. Wall-to-wall. Gives me LOTS of space to put empty beer bottles, soda cans, snack wrapping, crumpled tissues.... man, I am a slob...

But Seriously my dream workstation has always been a wall-to-wall desk. It is plenty of room for my grandiose, sweeping gestures.

Not quite up to scratch with some of the ones I've seen on this site but I think it comes together pretty nicely.

h8quTWV.jpg

MpsfXXg.jpg

l7bw2IB.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! I had assumed they'd be automatically resized to fit the board. It's all good- they have been scaled down a bit now :)

Ha! I had assumed they'd be automatically resized to fit the board. It's all good- they have been scaled down a bit now :)

I know some forums offer a 'Screenshot' tag than automatically downscales the picture to a 'large thumnail' (somewhere around 500pix maximum) and then converts the picture to a hyperlink that can be clicked to see the full resolution image.

Eh, HardForum? Implement such a feature? eh eh?

I'm really starting to like the InWin cases. I'm know they are expensive though. My next build is going to be a itx case I think. And I was looking at InWin. They seemed to have good designs and quality.

I'm really starting to like the InWin cases. I'm know they are expensive though. My next build is going to be a itx case I think. And I was looking at InWin. They seemed to have good designs and quality.

They are a show piece for sure. The design is out of the box and very different and honestly NOT easy to work with. The quality is next to none, I have worked in a lot of cases and few use 100% aluminum and glass panels. Others are now using glass and correct me if I'm wrong but I think it is because of In Win, maybe they weren't the first but I never saw glass on a PC before In Win.

heres my setup. I work from home thus the design.

So dual monitors, dell 34 curved, dell 24 UHD on arm. Desktop doesnt always have the lights on(which can change color with remote). Off to the side is my vmware home server. Old MFC printer. Then close up my lego Ferrari with Goku and next to him is my self made trunk monkey.

20h1ova.jpg

wk67q0.jpg

2lu8384.jpg

2n8r1oo.jpg

1199vo1.jpg

PS yes i need to dust.

My previous setup, which you may note is a wee bit.. crowded ::cough::

computer-setup.jpg

overhead-01.jpg

I'll get some shots of the new computer tonight.

My previous setup, which you may note is a wee bit.. crowded ::cough::

You know what you need? More peripherals... :eek:

That looks to be an S5, nice clean looking rig you've put together there.

Is that a printer and scanner? if so what brand and model is that?...I gotta finally get me a DX RACER chair for 2016!

Its an HP Envy 4520. Its a multi function printer so it scans, copies and print.

As far as the chair, I love it. I really needed something better than my previous chair purchases. In the past I always went to places like Staples and spent $40-$80 on a chair. First few months are fine, but after every day use the cushions eventually went flat. Also the adjustments were minimal and overall comfort was not very good. So to justify the purchase....to my wife.... I said, if Im going to spend a lot of money on a computer, use my workstation for personal and work, why sit on something a step above lawn furniture? I read and watched some reviews on the chair and after some thought (and awaiting a sale) I decided to buy it. I've had it for about 7 months now and its great. Adjustable arm rests. Several reclining positions. Lower back and head rests. And most importantly the cushion is still firm. I never really had back issues but this chair really does help with long periods of time sitting. Im sure there are other great chairs out there that have the same features as the DX chairs, but I like this design and quality. Hope my experience helps you.

Its an HP Envy 4520. Its a multi function printer so it scans, copies and print.

As far as the chair, I love it. I really needed something better than my previous chair purchases. In the past I always went to places like Staples and spent $40-$80 on a chair. First few months are fine, but after every day use the cushions eventually went flat. Also the adjustments were minimal and overall comfort was not very good. So to justify the purchase....to my wife.... I said, if Im going to spend a lot of money on a computer, use my workstation for personal and work, why sit on something a step above lawn furniture? I read and watched some reviews on the chair and after some thought (and awaiting a sale) I decided to buy it. I've had it for about 7 months now and its great. Adjustable arm rests. Several reclining positions. Lower back and head rests. And most importantly the cushion is still firm. I never really had back issues but this chair really does help with long periods of time sitting. Im sure there are other great chairs out there that have the same features as the DX chairs, but I like this design and quality. Hope my experience helps you.
Pretty much I've done the same shit..lol...just never got to buy the DX Chair, which I will now 2016 for sure:D. Thank You for the info on both products.:cool:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
CPU Intel I-7 4930k @4.4Ghz
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
Crucial Elite DDR3 SDRAM 1866 Mhz @64GB
Monitor 1: Dell U3415W 34"
Monitor 2: Dell U3011 30"
980-TI Gigabyte GeForce G-ONE 6GB

hey kori! you have 5 monitors with 1 card?! wow, that's alright. is it slow displaying things? I have 1 4k monitor, I was thinking on the future, buying 2 more.

Back