Post Your Workstations 2014

Oh come on now. As a fellow Aeron owner, I can say with fairly good certainty that you had been looking for any excuse possible to upgrade to the Embody the first chance you got. I have no sympathy. :p

That being said, how are you adjusting to the Envelop? I'll be honest; I have heard mixed reviews. Why the Envelop? How well do you like it after some use?

I'm quickly adjusting to the Envelop desk very well! It's definitely forcing me to not slouch in front of the computer. I highly recommend it for those who want to fix their posture and is willing to drop that kind of money on a desk. Or if anything, make you're own reclining desk or find something with the same concept.

The Embody though is no doubt an extremely excellent chair! Not as good looking as the skeleton looking Aeron chair, but comfort-wise it's definitely up to par with the Aeron. This Embody though is not mine, it's my friends. We agreed to temporarily switch chairs because of the Envelop and Embody combo and we just couldn't resist, we just had to put these two together.

The only cons I can think of for this Envelop is the lack of space for other things such as papers, notebooks, pens or even a desk lamp. At least to the way I organize things and how my claustrophobic OCD works. I'm a minimalistic and bare bones essential type of person. Since I graduated from school already, I have no need for extra space for homework, papers and etc, so this desk is perfect!

Here it is after finally figuring out my cable managements for the computer

IMG_0030_zpsc5acf524.jpg

Just bare bones essentials
IMG_0031_zps088da03e.jpg

The usual "long time lurker, first time poster". Always thought I would not post since it's going to change anyway, but I guess nothing dramatic is going to happen anytime soon except the monitor arm which I've considered purchasing :) I've also thought of putting a some kind of plant (or some other kind of decoration thingie) on the desk, suggestions?

fm7ww9.jpg

qr0tjd.jpg

The usual "long time lurker, first time poster". Always thought I would not post since it's going to change anyway, but I guess nothing dramatic is going to happen anytime soon except the monitor arm which I've considered purchasing :) I've also thought of putting a some kind of plant (or some other kind of decoration thingie) on the desk, suggestions?

http://i61.tinypic.com/fm7ww9.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/qr0tjd.jpg

Snake plants can take the most amount of abuse/neglect if you're generally "bad" with plants.
I also recently got a dwarf palm for my office, they are nice and leafy if you're more into that look.
Philodendrons are also a nice option, and can have some interesting colors to their leaves, but only if you don't have any pets (they're quite toxic to animals, snake plants and dwarf palms are not).

IMAG0579_zpsqmkdq98c.jpg

IMAG0608_zpslnsc0hso.jpg

semi-recent one of mine after finishing some LED's

changing out the keyboard to a Quickfire TK that should be shipped today though. Hope I like it better/as much as the K70

Desktop_small_zps0174548e.jpg

I need to do a little more work on the wiring. And arrange better lighting.

got the new Quickfire TK - actually liking it a lot. I can see the appeal of compact keyboards now - even though I have the desk space for a full size

IMAG0612_zpspzjbwkcq.jpg

I got a QuickFire Rapid back in December to replace my dying Saitek Eclipse II.. and oh man, I LOVE this keyboard. It's compact,. has no fancy lights or extra keys, but the response and resistance and feel is amazing.. I love it. I love my loud as hell blue switches.

BTW, Exyia, your system looks sick. I want to see more pictures of that thing.

Over the course of this summer I radically changed my workstation. I upgraded to a new system and and a dell U3014 lcd. System specs are in my signature.

6i401w.jpg

I just got a shelf built to put my TV over here, instead of it being 16 feet away on the other side of the room.. It's only a 32", and even having 20/15 vision, I can barely see it over there. Plus, using it as a fourth monitor.. is impossible from far away. So now I've got it over here!

8NFGAfi.jpg

7XXmRq6.jpg

MNuC5Z1.jpg

Like I wrote in my last post.. It's rare I see anyone with a setup like mine, I am a cripple and can barely sit up for more than a few minutes at a time.

I just am currently saving up for a 2560x1440 27" monitor to use as my main monitor, then I can get rid of my little ancient 15" LCD.

Looks great, but I don't understand how you could avoid getting all kinds of neck and eye strain sitting so close to that big TV monitor.

I would end up wearing glasses if I had a screen that big so close to my eyes. Nice setup nonetheless.

Looks great, but I don't understand how you could avoid getting all kinds of neck and eye strain sitting so close to that big TV monitor.
You be surprised, either one doesn't bother me at all, I guess some people are sensitive towards other things people aren't.

I was there once and I still don't get how one can continue to play on a 20' or 30' :confused:

But hey' that's just me.:D

Little update of the work setup and bigger view. Potato phone quality...

lTGmtrE.jpg

Kvlz0wr.jpg

Link to that desk?

Bought the desk on the danish version of cragslist so don't know it :(

the top is actually colored MDF (don't know if that the english word it) but it's untreated do everything stains :(
will eventually replace it with a longer oak/Mahogany/bambus table top. so i can have an laptop work place for the wife next to my set up.

& Monitor Mount

http://shop.easymountlcd.com/Deluxe...-Desktop-Clamp-up-to-28-002-0019-002-0019.htm

the quality is greate, think steel, 3-4mm, but the tabletop must besolid, the IKEA ones can hold it.

where do you guys place your machine? do you keep it on your desk?

I don't want mine on the ground because I have carpet..

where do you guys place your machine? do you keep it on your desk?

I don't want mine on the ground because I have carpet..

I have mine on the carpet. If your machine has an air intake underneath, place it on a piece of wood on the carpet.

Multi monitors setups are awesome at work ... especially for programing

We only get 2 :(

I cannot tell you how nice it is to have all these screens. It took a week to go from 5 on the tabletop to 6 in the air, but the once used to it I can never go back.

Back