Post Your Workstations 2014

It came separate from the chair, but it's on the DX Racer site :) I love it.

Also, I LOVE my DX Racer chair. REALLY love. I have a crap ton of things wrong with my body, neurological disease, 3 herniated discs, 3 bulging discs, 2 torn discs all in my lower spine. I was crippled after tearing another one a few weeks ago.. Instead of continuing to lay in bed all day with my PC next to it, I opted to get an ergonomic chair instead. I did a ton of research, the DX Racer sounded good. Got one of the R-Series and man.. am I happy with this decision. My back pain went away so quick. This thing is so customizable, I love the mousepad armrest accessory.

Your setup is looking very nice. Glad you found a chair that works for you.

I got some simple Allsop Jr. monitor stands for my two side 27" Acers... WAY better. Now I can raise the BenQ and have it even with the side ones, and raise my chair up. The stand on these Acers are about two inches high, and don't adjust at all. And now I freed up a TON of space on my desk too!
k9wqbMF.jpg

4oxTzCi.jpg

And wow.. just looked at the pictures of my room from just two months ago.. What a huge difference now.
MNuC5Z1.jpg

So glad I have a real desk and chair now.. and upgraded from my old 32" Samsung LCD to the 50" LG LED. But I have to say, the picture on my old Samsung was a lot better than the picture on the LG. I guess that's the difference between a $1000 TV and a $500 TV lol.

All that's left still is to mount the TV with the wall mount I got.. but going to paint over the awful wallpaper first before we do that. I'm in the process of figuring out what color will even look best in here. The wallpaper makes me nauseous to look at every day.

Also, I worked my butt off on all the wiring.. I used about 75 velcro wrap things.. And also made sure EVERYTHING is connected to EVERYTHING. Got component, toslink and HDMI switchers. The PS4 can go through the TV, or go through the BenQ with the sound from the Z-5500's. Same with all the other consoles. I also mounted my rear speakers to the wall above my bed so now it's finally truly surround sound :) I love my Z-5500's still after all these years.

Here i had to Vizio 39' 1080p HDTVs I was using as monitors. It is different as I ha 3 22' LG IPS monitors.

P9020036800x600_zps521740e2.jpg

Here i had to Vizio 39' 1080p HDTVs I was using as monitors. It is different as I ha 3 22' LG IPS monitors.

Yeah, mine is a 39" Vizio 1080p HD, E3901-A1, works great, has EXCELLENT sharpness for text, great contrast, I really think it was built for a PC in mind.

I figured I'd post before the new year... Where I'll just post it again BUT here is kinda updated!

zkPgzA9.jpg

I figured I'd post before the new year... Where I'll just post it again BUT here is kinda updated!

YISS. Another Y410p owner! Also, those Asus monitors are great. Your whole setup is pretty much the stuff of my dreams.

@redivulpis, It's a y40 but basically the same model.

@blueeclipse2k They were full at one point D: I have 3 others that are full that aren't in this picture.

Cool setup. I was told never to trust people with 3 first names. lol. It's just wrong.:D

Yea good point I wouldn't trust anybody with three first names either... they could have 3 separate identities. :D

well, I reckon I should put one last entry in this thread before 2015.

my daily rig setup... I guess that equates to workstation :)
IMG_1289_zps3b44caae.jpg

IMG_1287_zps985feb9b.jpg

IMG_1291_zpsfc49be14.jpg

hey revenant you have that new Samsung 32" 2560x1440 monitor!!! is it that really cool?

I haven't posted since I moved back in March, and may be moving again. The setup is never finished!

Here's the setup as it currently stands. Recently acquired the LG 34UM95 and moved the 28" Hanns-G to where my old HP w2207 used to reside. Still debating if I even want to keep the Hanns-G in there, but for now the desktop space is just ridiculous.

Just upgraded my rig to Haswell in this Corsair 350D. Pretty easy case to work with, but there isn't much to deal with inside. The lighting is really subtle (another white 120mm LED up front), what do you guys think of a white CC installed along the bottom maybe?

I've loved the K60 with the Cherry Reds, but I'm wondering if I would rather get the K70 RGB with browns or the vanilla K70 with Blues.

My trusty NAS, currently almost maxed out of it's 9TB. Wondering if I should expand to a larger unit or just double up the storage. Keeping my eye on 6TB prices.

The rats nest I have yet to do anything about. I plan to put a foot rest there, but I've never been creative with cables.

I'm kind of restricted to corner desks but I have yet to find anything as good as this unit with the multiple levels. It's kind of falling apart on me at the moment and with a possible move in March, I'm open to suggestions.

hey revenant you have that new Samsung 32" 2560x1440 monitor!!! is it that really cool?

hey - yes I got that about a month ago and love it. I went from a 1920x1200 + 1280x1024 displays to this and am very happy with it. I only gained a few pixels but the color reproduction and general quality of the image is sooooo much better. It's so big though I almost feel like it's bowing a bit in the middle... if that makes sense? I had to look at it sideways a lot to make sure it was really flat. I think it's because it's a large display sitting pretty close to my face. :)

Last edited:
@board2death986

I have 2 of that desk in my room and the wife has one in hers...I put ours together with Elmer's wood glue...had them 3 or 4 years and they are solid as can be...If you take it apart to move I suggest gluing it before you spend for a new one...unless of course you just "want" to get a new desk..haha

IMG_9851.jpg

Finally got around to upgrading the desk a bit since 2012. The new shelf makes it feel like a new desk!

Before:

IMG_5966-X2.jpg

After:

IMG_5509-X2.jpg

Before:

IMG_5962-X2.jpg

After:

IMG_5513-X2.jpg

Before:

IMG_5970-X2.jpg

IMG_5973-X2.jpg

After:

IMG_5515-X2.jpg

IMG_5527-X2.jpg

IMG_5525-X2.jpg

IMG_5518-X2.jpg

IMG_5538-X2.jpg

IMG_5539-X2.jpg

IMG_5541-X2.jpg

IMG_5560-X2.jpg

IMG_5566-X2.jpg

Clean setup, i'm very OCD on cable management as you probably cant notice any sort of tangled wiring around :p. Specs -> NZXT H440, X-star @120hz, i7 4790k, corsair h100i, MSI GTX 970, Bose companion 2.1 speakers.

DevilsCanyonVatican20141_zps4b9cecc1.jpg

DevilsCanyonVatican20142_zps8f3fcdcb.jpg
DevilsCanyonVatican20143_zpsb53ddce5.jpg

Very clean and love the colors. I too get OCD about cabling.

Ashfoot - love the old Chenming/Chieftec (Dragon?) case... I still have one myself. A true PC classic!

Last edited:
Clean setup, i'm very OCD on cable management as you probably cant notice any sort of tangled wiring around :p. Specs -> NZXT H440, X-star @120hz, i7 4790k, corsair h100i, MSI GTX 970, Bose companion 2.1 speakers.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/...2014/DevilsCanyonVatican20141_zps4b9cecc1.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/...2014/DevilsCanyonVatican20142_zps8f3fcdcb.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/...2014/DevilsCanyonVatican20143_zpsb53ddce5.jpg

Sweet Looking chair! what is it?

Definitely looks like a DX Racer.

CqtRA8W.jpg

OfnMl1t.jpg

I got my AOC monitor! Well.. I got the replacement from Newegg. The first one was delivered by UPS to the wrong address... and the scumbag who got it never returned it to us, and kept it for themselves. Assholes.

So now I've got the BenQ XL2720Z on the left, AOC Q2770PQU in the center, and my Acer G276HL on the right. I love the AOC so much so far.. Nice to have the BenQ for the speed for certain games, and the AOC for "pretty" looking games and graphics. The one thing annoying me is that the BenQ and AOC have pretty much almost identical sized bezels... but the Acer is WAY smaller and the fact that it doesn't match bothers me haha.

Still gotta mount that TV to the wall.. but waiting til we paint over the wallpaper to go and do that first.

It's actually a maxnomic chair from needforseat.com. Very similar to dxracer but much newer and better in quality. I highly recommend it, it's so good.

What's the arm wrest for the mouse pad named? I have something similar but mine is cheapo

What's the arm wrest for the mouse pad named? I have something similar but mine is cheapo

Are you asking about mine? You quoted a post about someone else's chair, but I think I'm the only one who posted with the mousepad armrest.

I got mine from DX Racer along with my chair :) It's awesome, it was totally worth the thirty bucks I spent on it.

Back