Post Your Workstations 2013

This is where i have to stay this winter, took some time to complete.
Now waiting for the other 3 monitors and 6 monitor stand to arrive then its done :)

1396823_686470174716604_1896536394_o.jpg

1403394_686470201383268_1140435047_o.jpg

1401553_686470184716603_1514412570_o.jpg

1415449_686470138049941_2069438279_o.jpg

1465902_686470154716606_1038707821_o.jpg

Hey there!
11kds8i.jpg

Here's my latest setup and I am quite happy with it!

lwgz.jpg
m04a.jpg
atqe.jpg
2xzs.jpg

Pictured
Ikea Galant Corner Desk (Also pictured: Ikea Alex Drawer Unit and Ikea Erik Drawer Unit)
Steelcase Amia Office Chair
15" Macbook Pro w/Retina (Late 2013 - 2.3GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Rain Deisgn mStand
SkullCandy PLYR1 Wireless Headset
32" Sony 1080P LED HDTV (KDL-32W650A)
Sony PlayStation 4
PowerA DualShock 4 Charging Cradle (with two DualShock 4s)
Logitech K811 Bluetooth Keyboard
Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse
Razer Desctructor 2 Mouse Mat
Batman Movie Posters from Etsy
Star Wars Movie Posters (Ollie Moss reprint, not genuine).

Not Pictured
Apple AirPort Extreme
Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 Cable Modem
CalDigit Thunderbolt Station
USpeed 7 Port 3.0 USB Hub
Seagate 3TB USB 3.0 External HDD

Custom two wall unit in "new" house. Wide enough for two monitors. We'll be completing the third wall with a setup for triple monitors.

TS11PaW.jpg

Finally got a 2ndary touchscreen monitor. Also swapped out my old Samsung 46" for a 55" since I got a 70" For downstairs. Kind of odd how every screen here is 1920x1080. Same PC as 3 years ago though :)

1506090_10151845491879142_143965256_o.jpg

Well, Ive enjoyed these "post your setup pic" threads for quite some time. Ive made some recent additions to mine and feel its finally time to post my set up.

The G5 tower on the left was dead when I bought it. So I turned it into what a buddy of mine calls a "glorified plug strip" More plans for it in the future when I get a TB dock, external bluray drive, and some other goodies. The power strip isn't sitting level, because I mounted it to existing stand-offs in the case. The case itself is unmodified. I could, in theory, fix the solder joint on the logic board and put it all back together to be a fully functional system again.

The G5 on the right that is still under my desk, is on OSX 10.5.8, dual 2.3/2gig water cooled system. Its just for teaching myself more about Apple systems. (Im a new convert, been an Apple computer guy for just over a year now, Windows previously).

The G5 next to that is a dual 1.8/1.5gig air cooled system, also on OSX 10.5.8, and I am trading it to the buddy I mentioned earlier for an AMD windows 7 system, just to play around with. Ive actually never used any version of windows past XP. He's never used an Apple machine before, so this should be an interesting trade.

Also in the picture is my former XP system on the far left. A Pentium 4 3.0/4gig system.

The 13" cMBP is a mid 2012 model, and was my very first apple computer and what started all of this obsession. It is my main system, and serves iTunes to two ATVs in the house.

On the shelves are some storage boxes for my charcoal drawing and another for random cables and bits and pieces. Between them is the daughter board and LCS from the 2.5 G5 that I gutted. And of course my 2TB Time Capsule that I have as a destination for Time Machine on both my MBP and G5.

The (sideways for some reason) picture of a QR code is for guests, since my office doubles as our spare room, it gives everyone the name and password for our guest wifi network.

And, the panorama picture of the room is from 3 days ago, when I was putting this all together. I managed to acquire all 3 G5 systems over the course of the last week, from different sellers, for less than $200 total. Two of them even came with the original boxes/packaging.

The monitor is a 27" Acer, complete with Ikea Dioder lights. For the price, I love this monitor.

Sorry for the long post, but Im pretty proud of my set up. Any questions/comments/criticism is welcome.

[/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mopar00Neon/media/IMG_3151-1.jpg.html]

Last edited:
The (sideways for some reason) picture of a QR code is for guests, since my office doubles as our spare room, it gives everyone the name and password for our guest wifi network.

I strongly suggest you remove that picture and change the credentials as everyone and her aunt will now be trying to hack your network.

I strongly suggest you remove that picture and change the credentials as everyone and her aunt will now be trying to hack your network.

Ordinarily, Id agree, but I only even uploaded my blurry picture. I can't get my phone to scan it from even my original image. It is also only my guest account, no connection to my own systems or storage. I would think it would be fairly safe... but Ill keep an eye out for sure.

[/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mopar00Neon/media/IMG_3151-1.jpg.html said:

That is the best use of a mac pro tower that I have seen in quite some time.

That is the best use of a mac pro tower that I have seen in quite some time.

Looks like you quoted the wrong pic, but I know which one you meant. That was my original goal when I hit up craigslist actually, was to find one of these old systems to help with my cable management. It actually is a wonderful case (especially with how the side panel is removed) for this purpose. I just happened to find the others at prices I couldn't resist. And being relatively new to the Apple thing, I grabbed them. (not to mention the $4k or so in software I got along with them. Im in the LA area, and these came from a former film studio)

As excited as I am about all of this though, being a new Apple guy.. I think Im even more excited to get a win7 system in here to play with too. lol

Last edited:
Back