Post Your Workstations 2013

deadlift1

[H]ard|Gawd
[/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Mopar00Neon/media/IMG_3151-1.jpg.html said:
[/URL]

That is the best use of a mac pro tower that I have seen in quite some time.

Firecop57

n00b
That is the best use of a mac pro tower that I have seen in quite some time.

Looks like you quoted the wrong pic, but I know which one you meant. That was my original goal when I hit up craigslist actually, was to find one of these old systems to help with my cable management. It actually is a wonderful case (especially with how the side panel is removed) for this purpose. I just happened to find the others at prices I couldn't resist. And being relatively new to the Apple thing, I grabbed them. (not to mention the $4k or so in software I got along with them. Im in the LA area, and these came from a former film studio)

As excited as I am about all of this though, being a new Apple guy.. I think Im even more excited to get a win7 system in here to play with too. lol

Last edited:

geo111

n00b
I've been working on this setup for a few years.

It started with me running out of space in a small 10'x10' spare bedroom. One day I had the idea to clean out a junk filled closet and stuff my PC desk in there. It worked pretty well, and I added stuff and tweaked the layout to better suit my gaming.

This picture shows my setup in Sim Mode.

Joe_coral

Weaksauce

It started with me running out of space in a small 10'x10' spare bedroom. One day I had the idea to clean out a junk filled closet and stuff my PC desk in there. It worked pretty well, and I added stuff and tweaked the layout to better suit my gaming.

Is that all made of PVC piping?

Very nice DIY!

I've been piecing my desk together over the years, also. Although, mine is much less elaborate.

Erebus

2[H]4U

Closeup pic / details on the flight computer screens with buttons?

faugusztin

2[H]4U

Yes, i know the desk bends a bit, i am waiting for the metal feets which will strenghten it.

2x27" ZR2740w on sides, a Dell 3011 in middle.

Insula Gilliganis

[H]ard|Gawd
I just posted the following in the 2014 Workstation thread and it applies here as well since this one is also still active.. no sense having zombie workstation threads!!

This needs to be a DEAD THREAD!! 2012's thread was killed on Jan 21, 2013.. 2011's died on Jan 12, 2012!!