Post Your Workstations 2013

Thanks very much for the compliments, i'll try to answer the questions.

I would have moved the picture up a few inches to not have it display behind the speakers though.

The widest aperture I have is 18mm, I have to pull it back that far or the shot is too cropped.

haha...Orange amp...I did FOH sound work for 18 years and I helped a keyboard player I worked with make a "leslie" cabinet out of Wurlitzer home organ spinners ...and he powered it off of a 70's Orange tube head..his Korg organ sounded like a badass on that thing , it was WAY more portable than a "real" leslie and the sound "broke up" gnarly like a mutha!

Very cool. That 70's head, whatever it was, would be a pretty valuable amp. Old Orange gear is a hot ticket.

@#Grey: What monitor are you using? Love your whole room and setup.

It's a Dell S2740l. I am Jack's modesty. ;)

Grey nice setup..And very nice to the Radio head Ok Computer on Vinyl..Really need to pick up a turn table my self.

It's an original Parlophone pressing. :)

HOM.11.4.PNG

Amazing place....:eek::eek::eek:

You should get some carpet casters for your Embody, or a chair mat. Those H9 casters are for hardwood.

You should get some carpet casters for your Embody, or a chair mat. Those H9 casters are for hardwood.

you know, when I ordered them, i swore they said they were for both carpet and hardwood.

We've spoke about putting hardwood back here, it's just up for debate if it's here of the living room. After looking at your photos with a similar color scheme, I would really like to get it back in the office :)

You're thinking of the C7 casters, they're multi-purpose. http://www.samflaxny.com/herman-mil...se-on-hard-floors-or-carpet.html#.Unn_COKDl8E

I had those, they move much better on carpet but slipped around too much for my liking on hardwood, so I bought the H9's which don't slip at all and are completely silent.

Nice amp choice, by the way. Schiit has great equipment. Good headphones too, I have used my AH-D2000's for 3 or 4 years.

tzG6pc3h.jpg

rUBhRomh.jpg

TCqZcbyh.jpg

Been alot of updates in 2013, latest was a PSU/Case/GPU-swap, very pleased with the Carbide.

This is how it looked before

b1OaBUah.jpg

And after
BfbNot1h.jpg

L3p1UfJh.jpg

Here's a cruddy pic of my home / work area. Main rig is behind the desk the 30" LCD is sitting on.

AceGoober_Workstation_001_11-09-2013.jpg~original

Just moved into our new house. Actually we relocated the house onto some property we bought. It was set to be demolished due to new highway coming through. Still getting settled in and don't have all of my furniture here yet but its coming along. The basement alone is bigger than our entire previous home. :D

Just moved into our new house. Actually we relocated the house onto some property we bought. It was set to be demolished due to new highway coming through. Still getting settled in and don't have all of my furniture here yet but its coming along. The basement alone is bigger than our entire previous home. :D

Neat!! Do you have any pictures of the house moving process? Sound like a lot of work.

Last edited:
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Right now I have 2 dell 20's and a Samsung 23inch. I work from home and just want to get them up and off my desk.

With that size difference you should be able to buy the one I linked to in ebay.
Don't let the cheap price fool you. It's a quality part and I'm real happy I didn't pay upwards of $300 or more for a stand.

Something tells me you are fond of those lava lamps...
Don't they block your view of the TV?

Back