Post Your Workstations 2013

RoadKill

Weaksauce
Sorry for grainy pics. Shot with a cell phone as I can't seem to find the charger for my camera.

My home office setup. Where the magic happens.

My self-built rig (specs in sig) sitting on top of a Dell PowerEdge T605 server. Monitors are two Samsung 2333sw 23" 1080p displays.

17" Dell monitor is connected to the server. It stays turned off 99% of the time as I can RDP to it from my main rig.
T605 specs:
Two AMD Opteron 2214 x2 @2.2ghz
8gb ram (4gb in each CPU bank)
Win Server 2008 R2 64bit SP1
120gb OS drive
1.5TB raid array.

Runs host to PLEX Media Server application. Also runs host to a private WoW realm server that I screw around on for the hell of it and I run utorrent on it from time to time.

HTPC setup.

I re-purposed my wife's Dell Dimension c521 slim PC. (had gotten her a laptop that was way way more powerful so she didn't care to use the desktop Dell).

Slapped a low-pro Sapphire HD 6450 1gb vid card in it for HDMI out, bumped it up to 6gb of RAM, and swapped out the AMD 3200+ CPU with a AMD 4000+.

Runs the PLEX Media Client side app wonderfully.

My workspace at work.

Dell e6530 Intell i7 vPro 8gb ram, docking station, two Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" displays.

Last edited:

garrable

Weaksauce
Sorry for grainy pics. Shot with a cell phone as I can't seem to find the charger for my camera.

My home office setup. Where the magic happens.

My self-built rig (specs in sig) sitting on top of a Dell PowerEdge T605 server. Monitors are two Samsung 2333sw 23" 1080p displays.

17" Dell monitor is connected to the server. It stays turned off 99% of the time as I can RDP to it from my main rig.
T605 specs:
Two AMD Opteron 2214 x2 @2.2ghz
8gb ram (4gb in each CPU bank)
Win Server 2008 R2 64bit SP1
120gb OS drive
1.5TB raid array.

Runs host to PLEX Media Server application. Also runs host to a private WoW realm server that I screw around on for the hell of it and I run utorrent on it from time to time.

Runs the PLEX Media Client side app wonderfully...

Nice setups. How hot does that room get with the server running?

RoadKill

Weaksauce
Nice setups. How hot does that room get with the server running?

Not bad at all. My main rig warms the room faster than the server. Server power managment keeps the fans quiet. Apparently the server doesn't get all that warm because it never kicks into hurricane apocalypse fan mode.

atarione

[H]ard|Gawd
new speakers on mah desk

NHT SuperZero and Monitor Audio Silver S1 and also on desk Optimus Pro-X44AV speakers and in corner DCM Timeframe TF250's and also Polk Reference Monitor RM3000 (i probably have enough speakers in this room now???)

erededos

n00b
Hello, people ...
I decided to make a small update to my caveman, so I decided to get a second monitor to my pc ...:

...the Horizontal option ... I think the best aesthetically, but I prefer the vertical, as it does not interfere much with other elements of my desk ...

D

Deleted member 80813

new speakers on mah desk

NHT SuperZero and Monitor Audio Silver S1 and also on desk Optimus Pro-X44AV speakers and in corner DCM Timeframe TF250's and also Polk Reference Monitor RM3000 (i probably have enough speakers in this room now???)

Nah. We need to see a pair of HPM-100 on your desk!

atarione

[H]ard|Gawd
redid desk cables are more tidy and put my rather minty Pioneer SX-3600 I just go on my desk..

very pleased with how this turned out..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Halloween

Limp Gawd
Just recently had some work done in the study, could really do with updating my primary system. The processor is still excellent just need a newer graphics card and some more RAM although most new games still cause me few issues on high settings.

Krenum

[H]F Junkie
Just recently had some work done in the study, could really do with updating my primary system. The processor is still excellent just need a newer graphics card and some more RAM although most new games still cause me few issues on high settings.

Really nice set up, simplistic but effective. I'm really diggin the shelf above the computer.

Homey D. Clown

Limp Gawd
[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/nbfiore124/media/100_0531_zpsaedee619.jpg.html][IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/nbfiore124/100_0531_zpsaedee619.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

exilelrrp

Limp Gawd
Real life isn't minecraft. You cant just punch those chops out.. Kill, gut, hang and butcher.. WHILE SURFING THE INTERNET!!
Really?Mindcraft is not Real life"!? :eek: Oh' Ooo my 9 year old aint going to like that!, ok I see you play minecraft, now just because the animals we eat are Killed, Gut Hanged & Butcher don't mean I need to have it hanging by my gamin' setup...WHILE GAMING!!!

lol, I can see this dude saying while surfing the web, I'm hungry' turns the chair gets up, opens the fridge cuts out a nice piece & starts chewin' on it...:p

athlon1.2

Supreme [H]ardness
Disclaimer: This is a real photo and everything depicted works (except for the phone's message waiting indicator)