Post Your Workstations 2013

Where's the guitar pics? Anyone with a Gibson calendar must have a few lying around somewhere?

I only have an Ibanez acoustic now, which is actually right next to the fan. It works decently well for playing songs to my daughter :).

The current state of my dimly lit drawing spot.

photo1wiuwk.jpg

My office/hobby room pictured below. Don't make fun of the carpet; it was there when I bought the house and unfortunately, this room is low on the priority list for home improvement spending. :eek:

9452661e1160b73.jpg

9452661e11866c2.jpg

My office/hobby room pictured below. Don't make fun of the carpet; it was there when I bought the house and unfortunately, this room is low on the priority list for home improvement spending. :eek:

9452661e1160b73.jpg

9452661e11866c2.jpg

BAH!

Needs more NITRO

I race though. It's waaaaaay less hassle on race day running three different classes not having to mess with fuel and tuning. I just plug in a battery and go...and win. :D (sometimes, lol)

At my local track in 1/8 buggy class, we actually mix the nitros and electrics during heats and mains. Lap times are the same, just different powerbands to deal with. Keeps it interesting. My buggy will do 15min mains (it runs about 18mins to pack dump), but they make me do a faux pit stop since all the nitro guys have to refuel at least once.

I like bashing with nitros at places like sand dunes, but I don't really have time to just bash around anymore. And I get bored without something like actual racing to keep me motivated.

Quittii, where did you purchase the foam pads?
You can get them at just about any electronics store. Lots of online resellers carry them, too. Sweetwater, Amazon, eBay, among others. They're called Auralex isolation pads. I think those pictured run about $30 for a set.

Quittii: What's that keyboard? I love the whole setup.

My messy setup. Just added the 32ln5300 as my monitor/tv. Eventually I will get an arm or wall-mount to clean it up and let me swing it to be viewable from my bed.

My little world:
backwall.jpg

The business end:
monitros.jpg

3x U2412M monitors, an old (like 2003 or so) 7.1 speaker system, and a TrackPoint IV keyboard. Pardon the mess, but I'm still working on that NCase build.:D
My baby, FourScore:
compy1.jpg

That's an AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition, on an MSI 880FXA-GD65 with 32Gb GeIL 1333Mhz Black Dragon DDR3, a 64Gb SSD to boot from, a 500Gb Hitachi Deskstar for storage, and 2 MSI Radeon 6870 cards to run those three monitors. It lives in a Lian Li PC-12 custom case with an Ultra X-series 1200w modular power supply.

Here's my #2 machine, OverCast:
station2.jpg

A closer look:
closer.jpg

This one is an AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4Ghz proc on an MSI 990FXA-GD65 V2 with 32Gb Geil Evo Two 1666Mhz DDR3, 2x OCZ Solid3 120Gb SSD (RAID), 1Tb Hitachi Deskstar, living in a classic Lian Li PC-62 case (with upgrades) and an Enermax 1200w power supply.

Been a while - changed locations and spruced up the decoration slightly.
Must say I'm a big fan of that cherry finish on this desk - 10 years going strong and still looks new!
Mind the cabling mess - out of sight, out of mind!

Major additions since last posting is the audio system - had ProMedia 4.1 sub/control amp blow up after 10 years of operation. Despite some amazing instructions/threads on [H] on replacing failed resistors and caps, it just wasn't meant to be.

Opted for the new discrete sub (Klipsch KW-100 10"), added a center channel sat from the PM 5.1 system and drive it all with a Pioneer VSX-1022 and optical output from an X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion.

2013-WKS-Front.jpg

2013-WKS-Side.jpg

Last edited:
Nice...and welcome aboard !!!!!

Thx :)

Looks terrible! Get off the forum!

:p

ps: I especially like the use of what looks like a good audio setup (I don't know much about that stuff).

Hehe thx :D Those speakers have good sound quality, but they are really too big because my desk is only 130 cm wide and i want to have second display too.. :)

Quittii, where did you purchase the foam pads?

I bought them from Thomann.de - Isopad

Been a while - changed locations and spruced up the decoration slightly.
Must say I'm a big fan of that cherry finish on this desk - 10 years going strong and still looks new!
Mind the cabling mess - out of sight, out of mind!

Major additions since last posting is the audio system - had ProMedia 4.1 sub/control amp blow up after 10 years of operation. Despite some amazing instructions/threads on [H] on replacing failed resistors and caps, it just wasn't meant to be.

Opted for the new discrete sub (Klipsch KW-100 10"), added a center channel sat from the PM 5.1 system and drive it all with a Pioneer VSX-1022 and optical output from an X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion.

Love the CM 830. One of the coolest looking cases ever.

Hi, i'm not sure if i'm at the good place but i'm looking for a desk and when i see all of yours, often you are saying "galant" but there are many differents galant in the ikea store with differents options... The fredde look nice too but the problem is that the height is not adjustable like the others angle's desks (no A or T for the desk).

It is my actual desk:
http://hpics.li/a3febe6
http://hpics.li/0bd5055

If you have some advices (links of desks with/with not accessories...) to get one like mine but in a better version.
ps: i'm french and if my post is not at the good place, tell me it nicely.so i can make a new one in an other place.

haha...Orange amp...I did FOH sound work for 18 years and I helped a keyboard player I worked with make a "leslie" cabinet out of Wurlitzer home organ spinners ...and he powered it off of a 70's Orange tube head..his Korg organ sounded like a badass on that thing , it was WAY more portable than a "real" leslie and the sound "broke up" gnarly like a mutha!

Very nice room

I would have moved the picture up a few inches to not have it display behind the speakers though.

Back