Post Your Workstations 2013

Just DTS Connect to my Onkyo HT-RC160...It's a nice sounding unit, and I'm pretty impressed with the audyssey calibration system.

Isn't that a bit overkill as a PSU? Wouldn't a modular SFX PSU be more suitable?

You're probally right. Right now the best SFX psu is the 450w Silverstone but users are reporting it being loud. I'm going to wait a little bit and see if they resolve the problem or if there is a better PSU down the pipeline.

updates (made longer shelf for monitors and speakers cleaned up the wires (some...more to do still on that front).

5e9s.jpg

cats (or at least my cat "Fitz") dig it

Has been like this for a while. Considering building a wider wooden desk.

140f6tk.jpg

Finally I see someone with the same studio monitors as mine! Need to get a subwoofer for them but also got a pair of Genelec 8040B's here in the States and they sound amazing!

Finally I see someone with the same studio monitors as mine! Need to get a subwoofer for them but also got a pair of Genelec 8040B's here in the States and they sound amazing!

They are pretty much the best for such a small form factor. I have 7050b under the table and it definitely gives that lower dimension and punch especially when watching movies although these go pretty low by themselves too.

I imagined Genelecs are popular in the States. In Finland they are pretty popular as they are made here but we have lots of other well known speaker companies so the competition is big. That Antimode room correction system on my table is made in Finland too, lol. Finland is weird in this regard. Now that I think about this, the chair and keyboard are finnish too haha.

I just got done (for now) setting up my wife's computer / audio pretty decent little set up I think.... She has a rather nice computer now

i5-2500K / Z68X-UD3-B3 / 4GB DDR3 (mushkin enhanced) / HD6870 / Samsung 840 SSD (128GB) / Samsung F3 1TB / LG DVD burner/ Xonar DG sound card / Corsair CX600 Power supply and Trition 180 case and 2 Samsung LCD Monitors

audio : SX-780 / Sony PS-LX22 and the little Teac MC-LS80 speakers

check it out
2b7r.jpg

e64b.jpg

mah cat's rig:
n19j.jpg

mah cat is hella stoked on this scratching post... he hang out by it a lot.

@atarione Where did you get that wooden platform for your case? I've been looking everywhere for something similar.

@atarione Where did you get that wooden platform for your case? I've been looking everywhere for something similar.

made it... 4x caster wheels w/ mounting plates and a readymade shelf cost about $15 in parts and about 10minutes screwing the mount plates onto the shelf.

haven't ever ran across one for sale anyplace so I just made mine...

Wow, someone else who has Alter Lansing Voice of the Theatre speakers. Jealous of your pair, I only have one. Very nice.

Altec made some fine speakers back in the day. I was poised to get three more a guy had out on craigslist so I could go 5 channel, but I wasn't fast enough. I didn't have room for them anyway :p

made it... 4x caster wheels w/ mounting plates and a readymade shelf cost about $15 in parts and about 10minutes screwing the mount plates onto the shelf.

haven't ever ran across one for sale anyplace so I just made mine...
Good idea. Time for a quick run over to Home Depot.

I imagined Genelecs are popular in the States. In Finland they are pretty popular as they are made here but we have lots of other well known speaker companies so the competition is big. That Antimode room correction system on my table is made in Finland too, lol. Finland is weird in this regard. Now that I think about this, the chair and keyboard are finnish too haha.

There is a Finnish keyboard manufacturer? As a Finn myself I would really like to know more!

Oh and nice Martela -chair. I have the same one, just bit older model. :)

Haha.. yeah, I still have two of those boards.. one of my all time favorites. :)

Here are my specs:
Delided 3770K @ 4.8Ghz 1.345v
16GB Dominator Platinum 2133 @ 2400Mhz (light bar removed to fit fans on radiator)
Asus Maximus V Formula
2 Asus GTX 770 DirectCUII OC
2 Intel 520 SSD 240GB Raid 0
2 WD Black 1TB Raid 1
2 Viewsonic 24 LED
1 Asus 27 2560x1440p

Water Cooling:
Radiators
Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta Dual 140mm Radiator (For front of the case)
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm Radiator (For top of the case)

CPU Block
XSPC RayStorm CPU Water/Liquid Cooling Block - SPECIAL RED VERSION

GPU Block
EK-FC680 GTX DCII Backplate - Black
EK-FC770 GTX DCII - Acetal+Nickel
EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel 3-Slot

RES/PumP
EK-D5 X-RES 100 CSQ - Acetal (To save space)

Tubing
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 1/2"ID x 3/4"

Coolant
EK EKoolant Premium Liquid Cooling Premix Coolant - 1L - Blood Red

Fittings
EK G1/4 Thread Perfect Seal Compression Fitting
IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0212-1.jpg

Check out my 20 year old speakers that still rock

There is a Finnish keyboard manufacturer? As a Finn myself I would really like to know more!

Oh and nice Martela -chair. I have the same one, just bit older model. :)

Thanks. Ah, I misspoke, for some reason for a minute I thought Ducky was Finnish, lol. Perhaps because they've done lots of special Finnish caps like Urho Kekkonen caps and things like that.

5p8z.jpg

This is my current setup. I have three 39" Vizio HD Television but can only fit 3 on my desk. Will need to get a new desk so I can setup all 3. Will post when updated.

Last edited:
I like your setup and the Corsair case.
What are you using for cooling in that case?

Edit: Seen your cooling in sig!

Thanks! Yea...just air cooling. I gave up on water cooling 3-4 years ago since my desire to overclock has died down slightly and I don't have as much tinker time as I used to.

This case is amazing and by far my favorite build ever.

YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS NEED ANY TUBES TESTED?

Nice old Heathkit gear. I wish they were still around...

I have the AA-1 audio analyzer and TC-2 tester, but I want something that will more effectively test transconductance and leakage...like a nice Hickok or something...

Last edited:
Just a headsup about the PSU noise levels. That was on the first release of the modular PSU. All the new ones now have no noise problems.

Sorry for grainy pics. Shot with a cell phone as I can't seem to find the charger for my camera.

My home office setup. Where the magic happens.

My self-built rig (specs in sig) sitting on top of a Dell PowerEdge T605 server. Monitors are two Samsung 2333sw 23" 1080p displays.

17" Dell monitor is connected to the server. It stays turned off 99% of the time as I can RDP to it from my main rig.
T605 specs:
Two AMD Opteron 2214 x2 @2.2ghz
8gb ram (4gb in each CPU bank)
Win Server 2008 R2 64bit SP1
120gb OS drive
1.5TB raid array.

Runs host to PLEX Media Server application. Also runs host to a private WoW realm server that I screw around on for the hell of it and I run utorrent on it from time to time.

HTPC setup.

I re-purposed my wife's Dell Dimension c521 slim PC. (had gotten her a laptop that was way way more powerful so she didn't care to use the desktop Dell).

Slapped a low-pro Sapphire HD 6450 1gb vid card in it for HDMI out, bumped it up to 6gb of RAM, and swapped out the AMD 3200+ CPU with a AMD 4000+.

Runs the PLEX Media Client side app wonderfully.

My workspace at work.

Dell e6530 Intell i7 vPro 8gb ram, docking station, two Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24" displays.

Last edited:
Sorry for grainy pics. Shot with a cell phone as I can't seem to find the charger for my camera.

My home office setup. Where the magic happens.

My self-built rig (specs in sig) sitting on top of a Dell PowerEdge T605 server. Monitors are two Samsung 2333sw 23" 1080p displays.

17" Dell monitor is connected to the server. It stays turned off 99% of the time as I can RDP to it from my main rig.
T605 specs:
Two AMD Opteron 2214 x2 @2.2ghz
8gb ram (4gb in each CPU bank)
Win Server 2008 R2 64bit SP1
120gb OS drive
1.5TB raid array.

Runs host to PLEX Media Server application. Also runs host to a private WoW realm server that I screw around on for the hell of it and I run utorrent on it from time to time.

Runs the PLEX Media Client side app wonderfully...

Nice setups. How hot does that room get with the server running?

Nice setups. How hot does that room get with the server running?

Not bad at all. My main rig warms the room faster than the server. Server power managment keeps the fans quiet. Apparently the server doesn't get all that warm because it never kicks into hurricane apocalypse fan mode.

Back