Post Your Workstations 2013

my current work area in my basement office... kinda messy and in need of a tidy up a bit.

xvAFXo8.jpg

messy at the moment but this will have to do.

From left to right:
3xDell SP2309w hooked up to my nvidia-case pc (with cisco ip phone under middle monitor for when i work from home)
1xSamsung T260HD for basic entertainment (mainly so that my wife can watch animal planet when she works from home) i have plans to wallmount this but have not gotten around to it.
2xrandom older 21'' lcd's hooked up to my wife's pink pc and her docking station (for when she's working from home and watching animal planet)

20130529210927copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our current setup (I'm on the right, my girlfriend on the left). There's been a couple slight tweaks since this photo was taken (there's an extra monitor on the left side now, and we've got some new shelving up).

office.jpg

This setup will be short lived though, we're moving out of our apartment and into a house in July, so we'll have to take it all apart and rebuild it.

Should move it to the top so you don't have to bend down so often to blow into the carts :)

LOL!

But I never have to blow in the carts. In fact, I strongly suggest against doing that. I simply put the cart in, and they work. Cleaning them does wonders.

For some reason the way that picture is taken it looks shopped.

Mine? There's a little lens distortion from it being a 12mm lens (the only way I could get the whole room in a single frame was to use a 12mm super wide angle lens in the doorway. there's also some bounce on the window from the strobe. It was a quickly done, not greatly composed shot, but it is what it is; certainly not 500px worthy.

I have been meaning to get on here and post pics of the Fredde desk I put together a month ago. This is just to give people who were wondering what it looked like a decent idea how it really does look like when fully assembled with gear on it.

**NOTE: Those are 2 27" monitors, that is a Full ATX case which will not fit on the lower shelves by your legs, and there should be 2 shelves on each side of the workstation, but I ran out of room and had to sacrifice the right shelf, and I do know about the wires etc.. it is a work in progress :eek:**

20130508_110516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130508_110622.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130521_080307.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130521_080527.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130521_080601.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chaos. Looks awesome! I saw that desk in person and had mixed emotions about it because I have a 27in monitor. But I have to say I think I might go for it now!

I have been meaning to get on here and post pics of the Fredde desk I put together a month ago. This is just to give people who were wondering what it looked like a decent idea how it really does look like when fully assembled with gear on it.

**NOTE: Those are 2 27" monitors, that is a Full ATX case which will not fit on the lower shelves by your legs, and there should be 2 shelves on each side of the workstation, but I ran out of room and had to sacrifice the right shelf, and I do know about the wires etc.. it is a work in progress :eek:**

20130508_110516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I posted this desk like 2-3 months ago it just came out on the floor, not even for purchase yet, did it to give heads up on what's comin' out from Ikea, I'm glad to see someone got it & post it! :D

Now I have a question with your Fan-Controller, how is it preforming? how long you had it? & do you have any issues with it?
I been thinking about switchin' my Lamptron for the Aerocool 2100, let me know your opinion on it....Thanx!

I posted this desk like 2-3 months ago it just came out on the floor, not even for purchase yet, did it to give heads up on what's comin' out from Ikea, I'm glad to see someone got it & post it! :D

Now I have a question with your Fan-Controller, how is it preforming? how long you had it? & do you have any issues with it?
I been thinking about switchin' my Lamptron for the Aerocool 2100, let me know your opinion on it....Thanx!

If your pic was the one with it at Ikea alone by itself then yes, that pic did influence my decision to get it hahaha.... As you can see in the pics my room space was small, and I ultimately wanted to get the Ikea corner desk (forgot what it is called offhand). I took a chance on this one and was glad that I did.

The Aerocool 2100 has been stellar. The temps are pretty accurate with it only being off by 1-2 degrees. The heat tape it came with sucked, so you would have to use your own. It also hinders you from keeping the case free of wires. The temp wires will have to be taped on the CPU, GPU, etc which in turn will have wires all across the inside of your rig.

Another fault I have with it is that the viewing level sucks majorly once you go below eye level. This is why you see it at the bottom of my 5.25 bay drive area.

The LCD screen changes from Red, Green, Faded Yellow (hint of orange), Blue, Neon Purple, Cerulean blue, and this Lavender color with a hint of very light grey. It also has a built in alarm for when the temps get too high.

Other than these couple issues it has been great and I would give it 4/5 stars easily. I use it everyday when I play games.

got some klipsch KG 2.5's for $50 over the weekend so they are with the tv now...So i moved my B&W V202's over to my pc desk and moved my JBL L1s to the sides of my monitors ...and you may be able to see little tiny Optimus Prox X5 hiding in there also.... probably need to check the weight limit for this desk actually :rolleyes:

img2552qt.jpg

Nice looking vintage equipment in the middle of some new technology...priceless!! A nice combination...i have the hifi equipment in my desk to...Nice setup..! will upgrade my pic this weekend and share with you...

Nice looking vintage equipment in the middle of some new technology...priceless!! A nice combination...i have the hifi equipment in my desk to...Nice setup..! will upgrade my pic this weekend and share with you...

:) thanx... I actually love having this stuff ... i really enjoy it ...I work from home so I spend hours everyday with music playing here at the computer.

I am looking forward to seeing your set up.

20130508_110516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What is the dimensions of the desk? How long is the desk minus the shelves that stick out the sides. Ikea UK says it is 185cm long.

What is the dimensions of the desk? How long is the desk minus the shelves that stick out the sides. Ikea UK says it is 185cm long.

Sorry for the late reply :(

The dimensions for the desk here (Washington D.C. USA) are:

146cm tall (57 1/2")
140cm across without shelves (55 1/8") *shelves themselves are 22cm across (8 5/8") and
74cm depth wise going from wall to edge of desk (29 1/8")

*NOTE

When measuring the height I measured top to bottom from the highest point (which are the metal tower pieces, not the upper shelf).

There are also these tin like metal sidings you put on which annoy me when I play games and music. My sound system is 1000w and definitely shakes the room which in turns rattles these metal pieces profusely. I had to wedge an item between my tower and the metal siding beside my subwoofer to remedy this issue.

Safe to say... 27" monitor wise is probably the highest you will want to go.

Unless you had a mid ATX case or smaller, forget about putting it on one of the lower shelves by your leg area. Mine is a full ATX and would need an extra 4" (10cm) of clearance.

Sorry for the late reply :(

The dimensions for the desk here (Washington D.C. USA) are:

146cm tall (57 1/2")
140cm across without shelves (55 1/8") *shelves themselves are 22cm across (8 5/8") and
74cm depth wise going from wall to edge of desk (29 1/8")

*NOTE

When measuring the height I measured top to bottom from the highest point (which are the metal tower pieces, not the upper shelf).

There are also these tin like metal sidings you put on which annoy me when I play games and music. My sound system is 1000w and definitely shakes the room which in turns rattles these metal pieces profusely. I had to wedge an item between my tower and the metal siding beside my subwoofer to remedy this issue.

Safe to say... 27" monitor wise is probably the highest you will want to go.

Unless you had a mid ATX case or smaller, forget about putting it on one of the lower shelves by your leg area. Mine is a full ATX and would need an extra 4" (10cm) of clearance.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Might buy one then. Only need £150.

got some klipsch KG 2.5's for $50 over the weekend so they are with the tv now...So i moved my B&W V202's over to my pc desk and moved my JBL L1s to the sides of my monitors ...and you may be able to see little tiny Optimus Prox X5 hiding in there also.... probably need to check the weight limit for this desk actually :rolleyes:

img2552qt.jpg

Pioneer SX-780 ans PL-530?

Pioneer SX-780 ans PL-530?

hi.. it is indeed a sx-780 the TT is actually a Hitachi PS-48 and that is a pioneer SA-710 below

I have some other stuff on the other side of my desk as well...lol

first my newly acquired Yamaha C-60 preamp ($20)...OMG I LOVE THIS THING ... below (probably ...almost certainly ..being replaced by the C-60 a Pioneer SP-700D surround processor (was using as pre) and at bottom my $7 Elan Z660 power amp (bridged to 120WPC).. it is driving my L1s

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hi.. it is indeed a sx-780 the TT is actually a Hitachi PS-48 and that is a pioneer SA-710 below

I have some other stuff on the other side of my desk as well...lol

first my newly acquired Yamaha C-60 preamp ($20)...OMG I LOVE THIS THING ... below (probably ...almost certainly ..being replaced by the C-60 a Pioneer SP-700D surround processor (was using as pre) and at bottom my $7 Elan Z660 power amp (bridged to 120WPC).. it is driving my L1s

Not too often I run across a fellow AK member here. :)

I too have a 780. I also should have known the TT wasn't a Pioneer. The name badge is on the right.

I seen the C60 and the Panasonic RD-2900 tt over at AK today. Nice scores!

Not too often I run across a fellow AK member here. :)

I too have a 780. I also should have known the TT wasn't a Pioneer. The name badge is on the right.

I seen the C60 and the Panasonic RD-2900 tt over at AK today. Nice scores!

hi... there are a few AK folks here i'm hoping at least on of em is going to come down my way at some point so we can go check out some of the spots I have been finding this stuff

lol...check out my $1.75 score from today (not much luck audio equipment wise ..but it might be time to ease up a bit..i have been on a tear lately)

but anyways (and of course not really computer related (unless I decide to use it for my own "will it blend" video (not going to).

but awesomely 70s food processor...bahahahaha... i'm kinda of in love with it... i want to figure out a way to display it with my computer stuff.

I wasn't exactly thrilled with any of the Windows 8 tablets on the market (the displays are rather small) so I did as anyone would and built my own:

2qdt.jpg

e5pf.jpg

Man seeing that makes me want to go back to windows 8 on my laptop! Looks awesome. Like everyone else. DETAILS!

I wasn't exactly thrilled with any of the Windows 8 tablets on the market (the displays are rather small) so I did as anyone would and built my own:

2qdt.jpg

e5pf.jpg

I find you lack of details, disturbing.

/force choke

Back