Post Your Workstations 2013

I already posted my home workstation that's still being worked on back on pg 1. Figured I'd toss in my workstation at work.

IMG-20130201-00025_zpsc5b2cef4.jpg

2x24" 1920x1200 lenovo monitors. Yes, my monitor shelf is being held up by four coffee cups. It's worked for over a year now. Doesn't look great, but it's functional.

Thinkpad t400 in MiniDock
Same ergo keyboard as at home.
The fantastic MX Revolution mouse.
Ipad2
Ipod 4g in my DIY stand (which I keep meaning to build a second mount for my phone into):
IMG-20130201-00026_zps964a0b3b.jpg

I probably should have used my ipad to take pictures, since it has a better camera.

I like the Gunnars, man. I use mine at work too.

I got this prescription pair mostly on a whim, and for long haul coding or admin sessions they really do help, even if they're just dimming the light from the screens (which I turn down a lot as well).

I am still in the process of getting the office setup in the new house......

I got that desk! I have the hutch too. I took the keyboard tray, PC tray, and wheels off of it. The drawer is on the floor since that's where it likes to go whenever I try to use it. ;) I like it other than the drawer and it needs dusting often.

I'll throw in an update as things change enough to look completly different as the year progresses. Still working on the office, waiting on the custom case to arrive to get the 2013 build on, but in the mean time I put carbon fiber wrap on my desk, changed out carpet and changed the office around in anticipation of this upcoming build. So here is where we sit today.

Work in Progress
workinprogressg.jpg

Wrapped
wrapped.jpg

Game Time
gametime.jpg

Game Mode
gamekn.jpg

Some nice looking setups this year, I'll have to rearrange my room again and take some new pictures.

My room is still set up for the lanning my cousin and I did over the holidays.

FrankNStein, that is one seriously good looking setup. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.
As for me, once I get my netbook I'll post up a pic of the workstation.

they did not have rubber when that phone was made, the base feet are made of leather, back when i had a LAN line it actually did work, with a modified phone connector of course.

Nice.

I see that you are a Flying Lizard fan :D

Quite! Bummed about Pat and Jorg not having a GT car with them this year due to the impending merger, but they've been my favorite team for a loooooooong time.

Quite! Bummed about Pat and Jorg not having a GT car with them this year due to the impending merger, but they've been my favorite team for a loooooooong time.

Yeah. I'm sort of nervous about all these new changes, and this season. They are skipping Mid-Ohio which is the race I would go to (I live in Ohio).

Flying Lizard seems like its undergoing something serious too. I had ordered their newest Le Mans poster for Christmas and it never arrived. Now their online store is shut down.

Hopefully though this season will be good and the merger will make things even more awesome.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu117/hawksbronco/Newest%20album/compdesk_zps2609681c.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu117/hawksbronco/Newest album/designstudio_zpscffd902c.jpg

Nice tablet,

8453823745_8d7125eaed_b.jpg

they did not have rubber when that phone was made, the base feet are made of leather, back when i had a LAN line it actually did work, with a modified phone connector of course.

Neat! I've never been so sad to see the death of a lan line.

Looks like you need a 4:3 monitor for your birthday or Christmas or something.
I'm sure you can fit another...

Yep, bast 2.0 setup I've ever had. I'm still using my Xonar DG, still trying to decide which DAC I would like to use. I may add a sub this summer as well. Best bang for the buck out there.

Honestly, you're probably good with that DAC if you don't see yourself upgrading for a while. Asus' sound cards are surprisingly good DACs. My friend just got the same setup as well and he loves it.

My workstation for 2013, along with my newly modded Mac Pro PC, which is sitting under the table.

There is a 42" TV on top of a dresser that's in front of the wall to the left of this setup. The TV is also connected to the computer and I can have all 7 displays going at once from that one machine. It's kinda nice.

Yes, I realize the table is shitty but it's the only thing I have that fits all of that crap :p. Threw in a Matrix screensaver picture for funsies.

2013-02-10031006_zps7fa793b0.jpg

2013-02-10031629_zps188629fa.jpg

May I politely recommend that you purchase a solid table for your setup? That folding one you have looks like it will give out any day now.

Most of the weight is on the outside and it's actually solid but thanks for the polite recommendation :D.

I don't have the money for one right now :(.

Last edited:
Most of the weight is on the outside and it's actually solid but thanks for the polite recommendation :D.

I don't have the money for one right now :(.

That might be, but if it does collapse, will you have money to replace everything that got damaged when the table fails?

That might be, but if it does collapse, will you have money to replace everything that got damaged when the table fails?

The table is not as unstable as it looks, it's only bent in like that on this side because the latching mechanism is only on one side and it bends a little too far. It looks much worse than it actually is. The table looks like that with nothing even on it.

Those new dells have pretty good screen image quality, but their design is pretty ugly IMO.

The table is not as unstable as it looks, it's only bent in like that on this side because the latching mechanism is only on one side and it bends a little too far. It looks much worse than it actually is. The table looks like that with nothing even on it.

well that will make a better beer pong table than a computer table :D

Back