Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh probing atoms now are we - should that be noted as NSFW? lol

Nice lab with the little Dell XPS on the floor - is that the interface to the rest of the gear there or are they all seperate pieces you get to turn the knobs on? Labs are so cool, I would go nuts in them wanting to Overclock, Sleeve, Mod and juice them a tad more.............Ha you go ahead and probe the atom, I am gonna mod this piece over here - tell the atom it if it moves, I am gonna smash it in my collider.

The dell XPS on the floor interfaces with most of the controls (vacuum gate valves, gauges, cryostat, laser...) and the data is acquired by the 1U dell server in the (going to be upgraded soon) which then is sent to the XPS and displayed on the right monitor.

2009-11-22_160518_Marble_Falls-3.jpg

Marble falls Texas, Lol my aunt has property up there... Its boring.

Hell id be bored enough to see what happens when I put the mag in backwards. :D

Just because we have the "Make my day law" here doesnt mean everyone knows how to hold/use/fire a weapon, even the police - lol. However this was a nice derailment of the Workstation thread...............

Just because we have the "Make my day law" here doesnt mean everyone knows how to hold/use/fire a weapon, even the police - lol. However this was a nice derailment of the Workstation thread...............

Lol just a small derailment there. Wait please tell me you don't live in marble falls.

I've always liked your set-up. How do you like those speakers? Thinking about upgrading from my Klipsch 2.1 set-up, but not sure what I'd replace them with.

I've always liked your set-up. How do you like those speakers? Thinking about upgrading from my Klipsch 2.1 set-up, but not sure what I'd replace them with.

if you go with the AV40's, and you prefer loud bass, then you'll want to add a powered sub.

Oh man, I'm back after a 3 year hiatus! It's been a long time so I figured I'd update you all!

When I first started putting together my first computer back in 2003, my workstation was this:

i-9K8FbSx-XL.jpg

I had to move upstairs that next year:

i-Ssz5g4f-L.jpg

Then I had to move to the floor!

i-Zvz9fFn-XL.jpg

I went to college in 2004 so I had to get a laptop:

i-7MgZHhP-XL.jpg

Then moved into the dorms. This was the setup freshman year.

i-WtkBVqF-XL.jpg

Sophomore year I moved into a different room:

i-HfpWzkq-XL.jpg

Summer time came and I had to move my stuff back to my parent's but wait, I also got my computer back! Before I left for college, I had to give my computer to my little sister as a compromise for getting a laptop:

i-HKJVKfZ-XL.jpg

I still had my laptop though, his name was Toshy:

i-8sKR5C5-XL.jpg

Junior year (2006-2007) came faster than I wanted and I moved into University Housing with much more space:

i-VTxpCHV-XL.jpg

Senior year:

i-3C4QXrP-XL.jpg

When I graduated, I moved back in with my parents:

i-4jrTJ4C-XL.jpg

This is when I got into motorcycling. I bought a GSX-R 600 in the summer of 2008 and have been riding ever since. I even picked up vlogging. You can find my videos on YouTube here

This took up most of my time as you can see. I met and fell in love with my boyfriend which continued to take up all of my time.

I moved in with him about 2 years ago and used my laptop for the longest time. Finally I was able to grab Greenash from my parents and I just recently updated his components so I'll have to change my sig haha!

Here he is at my boyfriend's place:

i-S2Sx8gd-XL.jpg

i-3QkCzXL-XL.jpg

i-VvkLhHJ-XL.jpg

i-RS3GCNt-XL.jpg

As well as what our media center looks like. In total, three xbox's, a PS3, Wii, N64, 32inch tv, 67inch tv, 3 subwoofers (including an SVS) all powered with a Pioneer receiver. It pumps!

i-HpPx8Nf-XL.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my story! Until next time keep up the great looking workstations! I love looking at them! :)

Ash,.. Cool story, hm, I can't say bro. Damn.

I ride an R6. There are a lot of people here on the forums who ride too. I'm actually curious about your helmet cam setup.

Hi, M.B. :)

GO PILOTS!

Haha, hey! How's it going? What are you up to these days?

Ash,.. Cool story, hm, I can't say bro. Damn.

I ride an R6. There are a lot of people here on the forums who ride too. I'm actually curious about your helmet cam setup.

Awesome! I can see that! I guess motorcycles and computers go together. I currently run a GoPro 1080 with a Fujifilm Finepix Z20 for sound inside my helmet. I was thinking about just buying a recorder but then got cheap and decided to keep using my old camera for audio haha.

how are you supporting the corner part from falling? i have this desk and the corner is not supported at all

Actually I used that desk for about a month and that corner is supported. There is a metal bar that runs diagonally under it attached to the legs at either corner. It isn't MUCH support, and that corner is only rated for 30 lbs.

Yeah and what are the monitors. Do you use eyefinity for games?

Monitors: Dell U3011, Dell 200FP X2 In Portrait mode.

Unfortunately no, eyefinity does not work in PLP yet. Hopefully it will eventually, IMO it's the perfect setup.

The stand is the largest Chief triple monitor stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back