Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - That sign was originally mounted on my basement entrance in the back yard for potential uninvited guests. Took it down after the family nagged me because of the nieces and nephews seeing it.

I guess i can post this here too...

Moved into the new apartment today.

Srip0.jpg

Cleaned all the crap off my desk:

The only changes from last time are the Leopold Mech keyboard with Cherry Browns (meh), and the super sweet drinking bird. I need to order another one of those for my office :)

edit: SGS2 sucks balls at whitebalance.

compslckr, I'm considering the Leopold. What don't you like about the Cherry Browns?

Cleaned all the crap off my desk:

The only changes from last time are the Leopold Mech keyboard with Cherry Browns (meh), and the super sweet drinking bird. I need to order another one of those for my office :)

20111104_185933.jpg

edit: SGS2 sucks balls at whitebalance.

I noticed your homebrewing book, I have the ebook of it.
You should check out Radical Brewing by Mosher, he describes all the crazy ales dating back 1000 years, up to more recent crazy stuff such as a mushroom beer (I'm not going to make that one), and smoking your grain in a meat smoker before making the wort.

compslckr, I'm considering the Leopold. What don't you like about the Cherry Browns?

They just don't feel like anything special. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I can type faster on "laptop style" scissor keys. I like the shorter keystroke and quieter operation.

I have gotten a little better at typing and not bottoming out the keys on my mech; but it seems to take too much work to type "correctly" on it.

Well, we're finally getting settled after the move. Just made my desk and got the room 90% done. Just need to hang a couple pictures and get a real file cabinet for under the desk.

IMG_1454_edited-1.jpg

Quick panoramic

Front of computer room:

ws4.jpg

Rear of computer room:

ws5.jpg

The room to left of the computer room:

ws2.jpg

Some very impressive setups in this thread!

Here is my Corsair build (see sig) with a 700D box but 800D see-through window with only one HD 5870 card installed at the time:

With Blu-ray RW drive and a KazeMaster fan controller with temp readouts:
1.jpg

2.jpg

At this point, with two HD 5870s - though I just got an HD 6990 but have not installed it yet:
2-IMG_8700b.jpg

At first I tried running Eyefinity on 6 monitors using a 6 DP HD5870 2GB X-fired with a second exact matched one, and it was still slow. Plus 2 rows of three monitors left the center of the game getting split in half.

It made more sense to create two separate areas given I have two workstations. I got two Chief arms shown in these pics below:
All the monitors are ASUS 27" VE276Q.

Three 27" Asus monitors in portrait mode with on a single stand from Chief:
3-IMG_8702b.jpg

Note: To raise these 27" monitors at all, the extension pole accessory also had to be purchased.

Back of this same Chief triple monitor stand:
4-IMG_8704b.jpg

With extension pole.

This earlier, more work-oriented build:
5-IMG_8707b.jpg

The portrait mode takes up much less desk space, though I think it is better for gaming than certain work applications. Not sure yet. It certainly is easier to look at all three screens in portrait than in landscape, which is way too wide.

Both setups together,
7-IMG_8706b.jpg

Last edited:
At first I was thinking... nice! Then I saw who posted it and was suddenly wondering where the museum of modded works of art was?!? hehehe :p
Lol, there are 4 modded cases in the first two pictures. I might put the y2k-bug back up on display if I get around to clean up the book cases.

Does the Ikea Fredrik wobble?

Little bit, mine is super top heavy with like 30-40 lbs of textbooks on the top shelf, and another 15-20 lbs of computer equipment in the middle.
I just got back from the hardware store today with L-brackets and drywall screws to secure the lower desk portion to the wall, problem solved. No wobble at all now, and you can't even see the brackets unless you're looking for them.

Im thinking of gettin the same desk. Im going to have 1 30" Monitor. Monitor arm. 2 speakers. Keybaord and mouse. You think the desk would wobble?

Ikea Fredrik desk with Ikea bookshelves next to it.
Thinkpad T420 running an external GTX 460, which you can see on the floor underneath the desk in the white box, and a bottle of Dogfish Burton Baton.

6315532661_9e7e634cf4_b.jpg

^ Haha, Spa 2011. Hamilton moving over on Kobayashi going into Les Combes. No reason to do so, and took himself out of the race. What a knucklehead. Seems like he's crashing out every other race.

haha thanks yeah the iphone makes it look worse than it is, and the monitor dioders change colors. it just hppened to be blue.

My office/guest bedroom. Nothing exciting, eventually going to get another video card so I can run both 19inch Dells and the 32 LCD together. Right now I just unplug one of the monitors and plug in the TV when I game or watch movies. Crappy cell phone pics too.

IMG_20111108_154533-1.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20111108_154548.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_20111108_154557.jpg
[/IMG]

Cleaned up the desk, replaced that old lamp and sold my Logitech Z5500 and got some Audioengine A2 speakers instead. How does this look?

can I make a recommendation sir?

I also have a hardwood floor.. I also have an office chair with plastic wheels - just like yours. :)

get a mat on that floor ASAP! those plastic wheels chew thru the varnish quicker than you care to think & before you know it, the nice floor will need a re-sand & seal. :( I talk from experience - took my chair only ~12 months to make the floor look like crap.. @ 18 months it pretty much was down to bare wood :eek:

:thumbup:

^You can see the swiffer line under the desk hehe mine looks the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back