Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I bought some rope light about 2 months ago and it is more of an ocean blue. Im looking for something that is more of a royal blue... like in the picture. Not sure if it is a difference between incandecent and LED but I dont want to spend the money and find out thats not the case. Any suggestions?

You will certainly see a difference in LED's vs Incandescent. May have to buy and see what they look like. I like the Spiral CCFL bulbs that are colored.

UYXUqIqItWvGNm5AlbsoCxTKLhf5tCfr1CoWAopvD29k1BDepr1kEBoSMB7DyTQZzjEAzjhVOkzMmhA3rWtTG7dVPKJS6gk636GlEmKT-LEy2Cso-9-GG37DFFoYzjm3GiK__rmXkr7uN74dWh3E4PpcnxP20xpvUMJTglkRN13lhq4e
4ZKBMsuELMDPqKp5NL-qpTtjXlZdYKA40AR_vK5M00EihHVvEyxwC82Pau0bx6SP5xrK8veHuYH9_fLC-b5FHjlb0drSRQ11f4cHoh2jgeIEIsLG4RcuIKYf8iezjYMrbVxn3g6Vv11lPrTx36HpwHKrKuTRAh2X3EFqFPOo93KV260u
dVnG1ecdY548fFXvLjsVcWBuFBr5EXtKlW0rfzJhU1z7z7Fe-qayr2PWLcLs0LSjrHlNM7sPm33JJkybMgwobzlM6uk2pmHK1RBQDtsGRG3cOZRYKP9IJ_NOLpa_PnOsqZSA7U6W607BIWv1W41WOj6jSE6pZ8GRGK649gaNQyx71w5sVg

http://www.google.com/products?q=party+bulbs+clf&hl=en&aq=f

So much better then colored incandescent bulbs. Mount a few of those behind the desk and you will go blind from the blue insanity.

In order, over a few weeks. :cool: My P180 is much cleaner now, awaiting a second HD5870. Will probably post pics in the correct thread of that, later.
My P180 "mATX" <--misnomer, too big to be mATX :p
cimg2866.jpg

Old setup
cimg2877p.jpg

I used to have stuff under the clear acrylic, I cleared most of that out, later.
cimg2881.jpg

Current, with a nice SG05 mITX build :)
cimg2883k.jpg

Please tell me what you think of this, thank you!

Is that a Mini 311? ^^^

It's a HP DV-2 with a dual core Neo, and HD3410 (512mb) grapics, all in a 12.1" package :)

LED backlit, too :D

They discontinued them rather quickly, though... likely due to heat and a short battery life (4 hours, 2 hours gaming). It doesn't overheat, but it does get HOT (well it feels hot, due to the thin structure).

Only cost about 700usd. No internal DVD drive, but one external comes free.

cimg2886.jpg

Hi everyone, i want to post some of my pics but cant work out how to upload pics, had a look in the Control panel but cant find the album link unless im going mad!! thanks, i want to show my 3 sony gdm-fw900's :)

Are you planning to to move the radiator to the back of the case? In it's current position you've basically installed a heater in your case.

Well, I found out the 200mm Antec Big boy exhausts all of the radiator exhaust ASAP, and I have added a few more fans to the bottom/forward intake and the rear exhaust position, and gotten rid of the IDE ribbon cable.

I'll post a new picture in a few days... more likely 5, when I get my other HD5870.

Since I could hardly post *just* my PC, I also included a wider whot of the BB above it and the tiered draws to the side (my desk is opposite the stubby P180 tower).

cimg2888.jpg

cimg2889k.jpg

Mind sharing what monitor arm that is you're using, and how much it cost? That's a really nice set up.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I am trying to clean it up more but I'd have to get a USB extender from my LCD to the computer (the LCD has a hub.)

The arm is a "Humancale M7" I found a person on Craigslist selling two for $100 each, which my buddy and I promptly purchased.

My workstation is also my bedroom. I am a contractor in Iraq and have been for years.

Working/playing

Visible are the desktop and laptop listed in the signature, a PS3, XBox 360, 42" HD LCD, an Athlon 64 based PFSense router, and an assload of cables to power it all.

room004.jpg

Sleeping

room002.jpg

^^ Why not swap your 42" and triple monitor setup around, so you can view TV in bed? (or do you just fall straight asleep?)

Awesome use of space, btw. Other than my personal quiffles with the proximity of the bed to your door (I think that is the door), everything is just perfectly located to maximise space usage.

EDIT: oh, that is a window, lol... silly me.

What do you do about sand/dust? Are you at Balad?

My workstation is also my bedroom. I am a contractor in Iraq and have been for years.

Working/playing

Visible are the desktop and laptop listed in the signature, a PS3, XBox 360, 42" HD LCD, an Athlon 64 based PFSense router, and an assload of cables to power it all.

room004.jpg

Sleeping

room002.jpg

^^ Why not swap your 42" and triple monitor setup around, so you can view TV in bed? (or do you just fall straight asleep?)

Awesome use of space, btw. Other than my personal quiffles with the proximity of the bed to your door (I think that is the door), everything is just perfectly located to maximise space usage.

EDIT: oh, that is a window, lol... silly me.

There are actually two 42" screens, one by the bed, the other within the workspace so I could watch TV/movies from bed but I don't. The only thing I do in bed is read and sleep. The second 42" is for a friend to use during weekly PS3 gaming nights.

What do you do about sand/dust? Are you at Balad?

Yep, on Balad. Their is no escaping the dust, especially with the type of AC that I have in this room. Frequent use of canned air and a dusting wand are the answers.

DSC_1953pp.sized.jpg

Got hold of another 23"... next: eyefinity!

(and i guess i need to move the webcam now, eh?)

Previous set up:
IMG_0060.jpg

New set up:
IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Love this Keyboard, put some WASD Filco keys on it.
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

All pics taken on my iphone so apologies for the crap quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back