Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should get a air compressor with condenser tip. so you won't drip water everywhere. thats what i'm going to do soon. i have 9 rigs with a 10th soon to be built and i couldn't afford constant cans of air to blow out the dust in all :). pics soon of everything :D

I'd love to do about a hundred different things, but unfortunately my computer space is pretty tiny.

Workstation.jpg

Desk is custom built out of a bunch of birch doors a church was getting rid of. Ran them over the tablesaw to make what I wanted. It's very... functional. Not pretty. I threw together the piece the monitor is on in about twenty minutes one afternoon in the garage with some leftover chunks of the aforementioned doors and a piece of plywood. It was originally meant for a Westinghouse 37 inch monitor, but that was only on there for about a month. The monitor was just too big and hot for the space. Turned it into a bit of an oven on hot days.

Only real plan for change is buying a couple of Ergotron arms for the monitors so I can get the spare off my right speaker.

Nice!

I want a Jerker so bad!

make it be known!

Halloween: I have the same keyboard. Does your keys pop out way too easily or is it just mine? When I recieved it in the mail almost no keys were attached and rattling all over the place. (it was off fs/t but no way the fault of the seller) I was going to glue them in but decided that was a bad idea. I literally brush up against the keys and they'd pop out.

make it be known!

Halloween: I have the same keyboard. Does your keys pop out way too easily or is it just mine? When I recieved it in the mail almost no keys were attached and rattling all over the place. (it was off fs/t but no way the fault of the seller) I was going to glue them in but decided that was a bad idea. I literally brush up against the keys and they'd pop out.

Mine are fine mate never had any issues with them. Seems very strange that they come out so easily, I had to use a clip thing to take the WAST keys off in order for me to put the Filco ones on there.

I know it's not ideal but it was either that or put them on the floor and I wasn't thrilled about the idea of having them next to my tower as they are unshielded. Honestly they still sound okay to me anyway.

Sorry Spiko. As a level 1 audiophile I cannot allow it. Go build some more wooden brackets and put them up above and angled down over the monitors.

you have 72 hours to comply.

Sorry Spiko. As a level 1 audiophile I cannot allow it. Go build some more wooden brackets and put them up above and angled down over the monitors.

you have 72 hours to comply.

no can do. You'll have to settle for a night time glam shot but your enthusiasm is appreciated.

IMG_1954.jpg

@spiko:

Whatcha got in the lian-li looking case over to the right?

...and what case is it?

PhndZ.jpg

Haven't posted in a long time but here is my current setup, I need to get a new monitor soon this one is going on 5 years now and it is not big enough for me.

That is awesome. But nevermind my question. I see Lian Li discontinued the thing. Bummer.

It's a pain in the ass anyway. Not at all the design quality I would expect from Lian Li. Not to mention it totally kills your RF signal to the controllers as it's a metal case rather than the stock plastic one. It does however have room for a big quiet 120mm fan rather than the 2 40mm fans the stock case has.

yeah .. right .. but where's the response to the question about overclocking the dog?! ;)

On a more serious note - very neat & stylish room. The doggy fits right in (though I would make sure it's not split between the two monitors). Above the monitors -- those must be some IKEA shelves & lights. Can you share what they are? I'm thinking of putting something like that above my desk.

Would anyone be surprised if Goat_187 woke up to find the dog at his bedside barking "REDRUM!! REDRUM!!!" tomorrow morning?

@beyondcc I love that desk. I've seen it at Fry's so many times, and I wanted it sooooo bad.

Awesome desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back