Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, that is an awesome wallpaper, where can I get it in 1080p?

No joke, I just googled "wallpaper" and changed the size to 1920 x 1080 and it was on the first or second page. I really like it, it's a nice, simple wallpaper.

Edit: I just tried to find it again, and I can't seem to find it. When I get home today, I'll find out where I got it. I don't have the same one on my laptop, so I can't get to it right now.

Last edited:
Hate to quote images, but I see alot of people using lights on the bottom of the shelf nowadays, To anyone that's done it, does it screw with your eyes? I think my eyes are quite sensitive to light, does this provide enough light without "staring at a bulb" effect? If I got some a dimmer would be essential

Those lights more or less shine straight down, so the brightness does not both me. I generally watch shows on the 22", with all the lights off to prevent glare. Those three DOT lights do add some nice light if I need to look at something on my desk.

My current college setup. I make do with what I can in the space-sense. :p

P1010934_2-1.jpg

P1010936_2-1.jpg

^That's really nice for a college setup. Are you in a dorm suite or do you have/share your own place?

cell phone pics. . . commence shittiness in 3. .2 . 1 ...

1028092009.jpg

ugh. .
0304002209.jpg

that;s it.

oh noes.

mind me asking why we are quoting pics, so the same pic is on hte same page 3 times? That does get really old....

mind me asking why we are quoting pics, so the same pic is on hte same page 3 times? That does get really old....

Agreed.

Besides, it's one thing to quote a photo numerous times, but to quote photos that make my eyes burn (seriously, why people don't invest in actual digital cameras instead of using their cells escapes me).

Agreed.

Besides, it's one thing to quote a photo numerous times, but to quote photos that make my eyes burn (seriously, why people don't invest in actual digital cameras instead of using their cells escapes me).

lol, sorry for that. the pictures are quite wretched, i'll agree. I guess that's what happens when the internet admits the cockeyed sort :D

why people don't invest in actual digital cameras instead of using their cells escapes me).

I have 2 digital cameras (a 9MP and 12MP) and my phone camera (3.2MP) takes better pics than both!

Good old Sony Ericsson phones have nice cameras :)

Who cares about if it's a phone camera or not. If you don't like the picture don't look at it and quit bitching.

why should i waste money a camera when my cell phone has one?
tell me if im wrong but i think mine come out pretty good for what i take it with.

80820804.jpg

why should i waste money a camera when my cell phone has one?
tell me if im wrong but i think mine come out pretty good for what i take it with.

Exactly. And yes, yours do come out nice. But even if they didn't. I get tired of people bitching about picture quality. Nobody asked you to look at it so you can tell us it hurts your eyes...:rolleyes:

How do you like that chair. Is it the high mesh back from overstock.com?

Yeah, it's this one. I like it a lot to be honest. I've always had cheaper chairs, but I spend a lot of time in them, so I figured it was time to go with something better. It's a great chair in my opinion, especially for the price.

@ CLock3

What mouse pad is that?

It's the Func Surface1030 Archetype.

I love that table. Where did you get it?

P.S. Nice choice with the Seinfeld episode, lol

Thanks :) It's actually one that I made myself out of a solid core slab door. Stained it using some ebony stain, finished it with some polyurethane, and used 4 legs I ordered from Ikea. Was able to get the door for really cheap, so the whole thing was a great deal for me (like $50).

You must be on crack:rolleyes:

Actually. I agree with him partially. If I need to print a 4x6 picture out (not everyone in my family has digital picture frames and it's nice to just open up an album on the sofa and look through the pictures), my old SE K800's 3.2MP camera does the job as well as my Canon point and shoots (SD1200 and SD900). But of course, if I need high resolution shots, the K800 can't do it. iPhone 3GS camera sucks, my old 8MP Samsung cell phone's camera sucked, Nokia N95 5MP sucked etc. It all depends on the sensor, not the megapixels. Quality sensors > megapixels any day. The old 3.2MP camera in the old SEs were very good. It's just a cheap MP race for marketing purposes nowadays with no substance in the quality.

Where'd you get that monitor stand?

Damn, 20 bucks for that. I still think that nothing cant replace math book.

Yeah, it's a little on the pricey side for what it is, but I was sick of hoisting it up with things, and just wanted something cleaner looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back