Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

New PC and stole my brothers 360 from my parents house. He wasn't using it and said I could. Same workstation area though.

IMG_4399.jpg

wow. is that a backup battery for your computer? i've never seen anyone actually use those. i used to have one but it got outdated. of course this was back in the agp days. back in 2002. some serious nostalgia. thinking i might need to get a new one for those days the power goes out! :p have you tried it out yet? i see that corsair 1000w psu box sittin' up there. wondering if your battery lasts and is able to keep up with it. i got a cpx-850

wow. is that a backup battery for your computer? i've never seen anyone actually use those. i used to have one but it got outdated. of course this was back in the agp days. back in 2002. some serious nostalgia. thinking i might need to get a new one for those days the power goes out! :p have you tried it out yet? i see that corsair 1000w psu box sittin' up there. wondering if your battery lasts and is able to keep up with it. i got a cpx-850

I have two battery backups for my systems, one for my file server and one for my gaming system. With my gaming rig and some other items on one backup, it pulls about 330 watts when idle so about 16 minutes of run time. Never run my computers without them just as they are a buffer to the rest of the world.

A third one I have that is just sitting in the closet turned out handy as when the East Coast lost power, I just turned it on with a 5 watt light and it ran for a couple hours with no problem. :D:D

lol. i have a ups as well. They really aren't that expensive, if your power flickers your system could shut down...I'd recommend hooking one up. Also, windows 7 seems to be pretty good about recognizing the different brands and models like APC, etc.

good luck dude

also edit, my system is in my sig, but i've got an 850 watt power supply running 6 drives, etc...no problems. My UPS is a 1500

I have one as well:
http://www.products.geeksquad.com/pc-334-4-geek-squad-1285va-upsbattery-back-up-system.aspx
And it's saved me a few times. Northern Ohio/Southeastern Michigan have some of the worst power quality in the US, evidenced by the big NE blackout that happened started here.
It runs the main rig in my sig for about 20 minutes. It also has some really nice software that came with it to log any issues, run tests and keep tabs on it. It's made by CyberPower and re-badged.

I'd definitely run one too if I had a desktop, it's great for power surges, irregularities and if the power goes out for a safe shut down.

moved my set up to the other side of the room. only thing missin are my new speakers that i will be getting today.
ill take a new one when i get them set up. also, yes its a crappy cell phone pic.

03192010.jpg

Finally updated my workstation for 2010. Gone is the god-forsaken Ethan Allen P.O.S. desk my wife spent a gazillion dollars on. It was replaced by an IKEA Galant that cost me probably 1/10th as much. I'll probably head out to IKEA to pick up an extension for the right side of the desk. Haven't finished hiding the cables yet but that's only because I'm not done with the renovation. Incoming is a 3rd 3008wfp for some 5970 Eyefinity goodness!!! Will update again next week when that monitor arrives.

galant1.jpg

galant2.jpg

galant3.jpg

Why are your 3008wfps different colors. The one on the right is grey and the left one is black. That can't just be the camera.

Why are your 3008wfps different colors. The one on the right is grey and the left one is black. That can't just be the camera.

they fucking super imposed me what the fuck do you want from me?

just kidding. yeah i dont know. i prefer my dual 2408's all same color

moved my set up to the other side of the room. only thing missin are my new speakers that i will be getting today.
ill take a new one when i get them set up. also, yes its a crappy cell phone pic.

03192010.jpg

LMAO....please tell me that you purposely put the lotion and the Kleenex by your computer just for this picture!!!! Otherwise.....hahaahhahaha lol

LMAO....please tell me that you purposely put the lotion and the Kleenex by your computer just for this picture!!!! Otherwise.....hahaahhahaha lol
haha would it be a bad thing that they are always pretty much on my desk? :p
its better to be safe then sorry amirite? ;)

Yeah, ain't that a bitch? It's not you. It's not the camera. They are in fact two different shades of grey. Different revisions - I got the second one later and it's lighter. The third will match the lighter shade. I was pissed when I first noticed this but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Workstation eh? Guess this could be considered mine :).
img0695hz.jpg

My rig:
img0701u.jpg

img0702ui.jpg

img0216ha.jpg

img0220xe.jpg

Monster psu:
img0698s.jpg

Leet watercooling:
img0699o.jpg

My pet spider's house:
img0696ab.jpg

PC I found on the ground the other day:
img0697l.jpg

STFu n00b!
img0703tw.jpg

@BeavermanA - what railroad to you work for? I work on the railroad as well. Well, not the tracks.

Beav, you must not be covered by the new FRA rules on electronic devices while on the rails.

@BeavermanA - what railroad to you work for? I work on the railroad as well. Well, not the tracks.

I work on the Alameda Corridor lines. They funnel the UP and BNSF freight trains into the Port of Los Angeles, where Pacific Harbor Line railroad takes over. My company has a private maintenance contract for all the main line tracks starting at the point in Los Angeles where the UP and BNSF main lines end.

Beav, you must not be covered by the new FRA rules on electronic devices while on the rails.

Haha nah. Took those pics at my apartment, not even allowed to talk on the radio or phone while moving on the rail, or within 25ft without on-track protection or something like that.

Those FRA fines are no joke, there have been a couple people around here hit with the cell phone fine. And there are cameras all over my territory, one of our guys got fired cause he was seen walking around in shorts and flip flops.

That's just awesome, Beaverman!!

I could do without that tunnel spider living in the back seat, tho. :p

I work on the Alameda Corridor lines. They funnel the UP and BNSF freight trains into the Port of Los Angeles, where Pacific Harbor Line railroad takes over. My company has a private maintenance contract for all the main line tracks starting at the point in Los Angeles where the UP and BNSF main lines end.

^ thought those tunnels looked familiar! (cali native) i was thinking alameda just north of imperial when they were originally posted. always wondered what they looked like from the ground level. thanks for posting the pics!

and to the rest for the workstations...activity seems to have picked up in the last few weeks...good pics

Haha nah. Took those pics at my apartment, not even allowed to talk on the radio or phone while moving on the rail, or within 25ft without on-track protection or something like that.

Those FRA fines are no joke, there have been a couple people around here hit with the cell phone fine. And there are cameras all over my territory, one of our guys got fired cause he was seen walking around in shorts and flip flops.

Trust me I know. I am a railroad engineer. I was referring to pics #4 and #5. The rules even ban digital cameras for us. (Electronic device)

Oooooooo! A Travagan's amp! Nice!

Liking the Tarrison shelving too. I actually have some stuff priced out at a local restaurant supply. I guess I should go look at that email and figure out what I want to put together. :)

Liking the Tarrison shelving too. I actually have some stuff priced out at a local restaurant supply. I guess I should go look at that email and figure out what I want to put together. :)

Looks like some opamp rolling has been going on as well... :cool:

I love my Travagan's :) Sweet little amp. I did quite a bit of opamp rolling, but keep going back to the stock opamp. The mids may be just a tad recessed, but the bass extension is better with it (at least when paired with my Denon's).

The shelfing is actually galvanized steel covering wood on all sides....damn heavy too. I got them from an Old Navy, they used to be departmental signs.

Yeah, ain't that a bitch? It's not you. It's not the camera. They are in fact two different shades of grey. Different revisions - I got the second one later and it's lighter. The third will match the lighter shade. I was pissed when I first noticed this but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

I'm really picky about uniformity I even spent an hour measuring each leg on my galant to make sure it was adjusted to exactly 27 1/8ths and then I took a level to each section. I also made sure the grains on the galant extension lined up with the main section as close as possible. BUT! your 3008wfps could be green, purple, orange and I wouldn't care.

I'm really picky about uniformity I even spent an hour measuring each leg on my galant to make sure it was adjusted to exactly 27 1/8ths and then I took a level to each section. I also made sure the grains on the galant extension lined up with the main section as close as possible. BUT! your 3008wfps could be green, purple, orange and I wouldn't care.

nothing a bit of masking and a can of spray paint wouldent fix

nothing a bit of masking and a can of spray paint wouldent fix

You're kidding, right? It's brushed aluminum . . . no spray paint is going to make it match better. The only thing it would accomplish is greatly ghetto-fying the whole setup. The difference in bezel isn't as pronounced as the photos make them out to be and it doesn't even bother me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back