Post your workstation 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are using to mount that card reader? I'm dying to mount a hub under my desk, but I can't think of anything strong enough, that looks reasonable.

One thing I've used in the past is 3M's COMMAND adhesive strips. They sell it in a few different versions for different things. The strips best suited for something that size would be the ones they have for wall hooks (for towels/bathrobes/etc). I'm using a smaller version of the stuff to mount the Dioder lights to the side/back of my case for ambient light.

DSC00667.jpg

Is that a EKBY BJÄRNUM bracket with a Capita leg as the headphone stand? Ingenious!

I'm using Scotch 4010 mounting tape. Its not going ANYWHERE! That stuff is insane!

41229fb9ee6bbcc0ec07b190627d6d1bfa.jpg

What are using to mount that card reader? I'm dying to mount a hub under my desk, but I can't think of anything strong enough, that looks reasonable.

Can't be any colder than the temp in the room

specifically, the stainless steel feels colder due to the higher rate of heat transfer from your hand to the steel relative to, for instance, a piece of plastic. you are transferring heat at a greater rate to the steel than the piece of plastic, so the steel feels colder.

specifically, the stainless steel feels colder due to the higher rate of heat transfer from your hand to the steel relative to, for instance, a piece of plastic. you are transferring heat at a greater rate to the steel than the piece of plastic, so the steel feels colder.

[H] is always helpful with the thermodynamics lessons... :D

[H] is always helpful with the thermodynamics lessons... :D

I knew i browsed [H] for a reason today! :D

@shawnoen

Where did you get that sweet looking iphone dock and is your iphone jailbroken ?

Raikiri, that's amazing! I love your room :D

Here's my work station:

deskxm.jpg

I have a bed right on top of it (a loft bed). What can I do to make my area better? I'm really poor and not very creative when it comes to this kind of stuff... Suggestions are appreciated! :)

Raikiri, that's amazing! I love your room :D

Here's my work station:

snip

I have a bed right on top of it (a loft bed). What can I do to make my area better? I'm really poor and not very creative when it comes to this kind of stuff... Suggestions are appreciated! :)

First off, get those cables under control. Get them all hidden the best you can.

Posted my home set-up a while back, here's my dorm rig. It's pretty simple but it works. I've been holding back on upgrades since i don't really know if I'll be staying here. :confused:

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

DSC_3690.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/6on761.jpg

More of a full room shot I guess :)

very nice set up. looks great! do you live in a studio or is that a bedroom? also why wouldn't you have the couch where the bed is so you can watch tv from it?

very nice set up. looks great! do you live in a studio or is that a bedroom? also why wouldn't you have the couch where the bed is so you can watch tv from it?

Thanks :). It's just a bedroom, looks bigger than it is (10mm lens).

I've got the sofa there as it's only dragged out when I've got friends round, otherwise I just use my chair (Ikea Markus).

Where did you get that bed frame. Its pretty cool :p

It's the Ikea Malm series.

It is indeed.

How is that second monitor in there , would you mind taking a closer picture of around/behinde the tv/monitor.

IMG_1576.jpg

It's mounted right to the shelf part of the desk.I didn't take into account where the mounting holes on the back of the monitor were when designing the shelf. I only measured how high off the desk I wanted the screen. So I build the thing attach it to the desk and when I go to drill the holes to mount the monitor two of them were floating in space. :mad:
So i went off to home depot and found that thin piece of metal and attached that to the shelf and the top two screws for the monitor to it. It's slightly ghetto but I had already spent the entire day building the shelf also lowered the desk about 3 inches and I just wanted to be done with it. Plus it doesn't show at all so I can live with it.

can you give me more detail on the desk, i love it and want to build one myself.

I'm 90% sure everything in the pic comes from IKEA. I have that exact desk and legs (the VIKA AMON series). The shelves I'm not too sure about but they look like something from IKEA too. And the pegboard you can pick up from Home Depot or Lowes (or any hardware store I'm sure.

I'm 90% sure everything in the pic comes from IKEA. I have that exact desk and legs (the VIKA AMON series). The shelves I'm not too sure about but they look like something from IKEA too. And the pegboard you can pick up from Home Depot or Lowes (or any hardware store I'm sure.

And you'd be 100% wrong because it's a custom built desk made out of a door. :cool:

Edit: Ok you're right the legs are ikea so you're only 90% wrong. But even the legs are custom. Cut off about 3 inches to lower the desk to my liking.

Last edited:
can you give me more detail on the desk, i love it and want to build one myself.

Like what? Im happy to answer questions or post picture requests(execpt of the back because I have to actually move everything to do that). It's a pretty standard door desk with a shelf attached. Glad you like it btw. I'm digin it too.

Last edited:
hey Trilic

Thats a real clean setup!

really like the red and black match also.
Is that a server computer under the printer?

you should give your wife the bigger table ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back