Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated and cleaned up some

and yes 2 mice.. too many raids as MT or healbot in warcrack (wow) where mine died...but Ive been sober for 3 month now.

...updated on page 135

Last edited:
what the hell? care to explain the brown strip going right on top of your monitor? is it the camera angle?

what the hell? care to explain the brown strip going right on top of your monitor? is it the camera angle?

lol its the trim on the ledge on the wall, the black pole is my lamp in the background behind the monitor lmao guess i lined that up pretty good

Is there nothing else in that room??? why is the desk planted in the middle?? jk dude.

Looks like a pretty slick setup. I want that monitor.

updated and cleaned up some

and yes 2 mice.. too many raids as MT or healbot in warcrack (wow) where mine died...but Ive been sober for 3 month now.

dscn0944mlx.jpg

Is there nothing else in that room??? why is the desk planted in the middle?? jk dude.

Looks like a pretty slick setup. I want that monitor.

its in the corner my repair/test bench is on the other side, i need to get some stuff in here to break up the sea of blue, we just repainted :)

people who sold the house had the entire hours in neutral colors to make it an easy sell, but it was so blah, my office is blue, hers is purple, living room is orange lol

its in the corner my repair/test bench is on the other side, i need to get some stuff in here to break up the sea of blue, we just repainted :)

people who sold the house had the entire hours in neutral colors to make it an easy sell, but it was so blah, my office is blue, hers is purple, living room is orange lol

that's fantastic! any other colors? I would love to see a pic of the living room-do you have a laptop? :D

Canada.. your dust filters look like mine lol.. I usually just am too lazy to do it anymore and just use a can of dust-off haha

Canada.. your dust filters look like mine lol.. I usually just am too lazy to do it anymore and just use a can of dust-off haha

dude same here ,they're not incredibly hard to get out ,but i really wish antec had made those stick out enough so that you don't have to take out the whole hd cage

I like the desk in the first pic. did that use to be closet or something? I love it all but you should really do something with the wood paneling. After living in house with that I still can't see why it was common to do that. Wood paneling doesn't really look good but the green makes up for it:D

I like the desk in the first pic. did that use to be closet or something? I love it all but you should really do something with the wood paneling. After living in house with that I still can't see why it was common to do that. Wood paneling doesn't really look good but the green makes up for it:D

i hate the paneling crap but where the green is, was all wall paper so its a start lol.

used to be a closet but the previous owners turned it into a desk

I'm double posting this in both the Ikea and 2009 Workstation threads.

My previous post of my workstation with all of the Ikea items used besides the Frederic can be seen here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1148966&page=83

Scroll down to post 1653 for the setup and posts 1656 & 1657 for info on the plexiglass and my custom made keyboard tray I made.

On with the pics.

Front View (Dell 2007FPW & 17 LCD TV, EEE PC 1000H, DVD player)

Front View w/ Ikea Lamp & accent CCFL lighting.

Side Desk Area (Vika Amon Table) (see below for questions about the hardware)

The whole Area. The chair is one I got from Office Depot last summer for about $200. I added some sheap Target pillows to make it even more comfortable.

I built a 1'x2' box out of scrap wood yesterday to put in the very back corner. I had my UPS and other power strip on the floor back there and it was a huge PITA to unplug anything. The box sits about 9" below the desk so the plugs are much easier to reach whenever I need to unplug something, usually my laptop cord. I'm going to get some 8" Capita legs (like the ones I already have for my shelf on the Table you see) and another shelf piece to make a small shelf over the "power" box I built so I can hide it better and put my touch lamp on it.

Cable management with the Signum piece (not really in the pic) and tucked into the Frederic as well. You can see my DIY keyboard tray as well. The cabinet under my table I found off of Craigslist for $50 and added an interior shelf, a top and back out of 1/4 in plywood and painted black. I have 2x 500 GB WD Mybook's on it hidden away since they are a few years old and rarely get used anyway (backup purposes). My 2 WD Passports (black and blue cases) are stored on it as well. I only use them for travel. There are two eSATA drive encloasures in this pic as well in the top left corner.

On the Vika Amon Table (Left to Right):

New 1TB WD MyBook (Used to backup Media, I'll explain in a sec)
Asus G1S Notebook, my primary machine, used for gaming in all it's limited glory.
USB 7 switch Hub

3x 1 TB WD MyBooks. One has all of my Music, Movies, and a few TV shows on it. The other has important files, backups, games saves, and all the usual crap one digitally accumulates over the years. The third one I bought in Afghanistan while I was deployed and it had all the music, movies, stuff I got from people there and My TV shows copied over from other drive. It was all lost when my laptop decided to crash ( I blame Vista and it's shitty memory management) while the drive was connected. I haven't reformatted it out of some hope that maybe I can get it back but so far my efforts have been zero. I bought the new one on the left to copy all my movies, music, pictures and shows to as a backup just in case it happened again.

My setup is horrible :( I would LOVE to have everything on the same desk, the glass one, but my main rig won't reach all the outlets near the server rack, and my internet cable is in that back corner.

workstation_5_29_09.jpg

Enlitence.Systems: Do you use your Dell monitor to play PS2? That's just what I want to do.

To play the PS2 on your monitor, assuming its connected through your PC, you need a TV tuner with video connections installed on your PC, correct?

To play the PS2 on your monitor, assuming its connected through your PC, you need a TV tuner with video connections installed on your PC, correct?

I'm not sure why I sit so close. I just hate having a monitor far away when I want to see something closer. The arm rocks :)

If you want to play it within your desktop. yes. but it'll lag 1-2 seconds and be unplayable.

I just put the connections in the composite / component / VGA (360 is on VGA, PS2 isn't currently plugged in. and feed the sound through the line-in.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm480/Mysticcal/100_0751-1.jpg
just took this one.

gonna get some new stuff to throw in it soon (as if I dont already have enough things.)

Nice iron press. :p

Made the desk and bookcase over the past few days.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3994/desk3.jpg

That looks pretty nice. Did you stain it yourself too? Also, what did you use for the monitor stand, is it just a bookshelf?

That looks pretty nice. Did you stain it yourself too? Also, what did you use for the monitor stand, is it just a bookshelf?

Yup, the stain is a 2 in 1 stain/sealer. Bombay Mahogany Glossy.

The stand is a piece of wood (99 cents) from IKEA's as-is section, along with some legs, also from IKEA. Stained it to match the desk and bookcase. The base for the desk was scavenged from another desk that was fairly warped. Bought that desk 3 years ago on Craigslist for $25 bucks.

All in cost for everything? just under 80 bucks, including the stain which was 12 bucks.

Wow, that's a nice desk - very well done on the staining and the furnishing parts. I wish I could build my own desk, but I never did know how

I'm not sure why I sit so close. I just hate having a monitor far away when I want to see something closer. The arm rocks :)

If you want to play it within your desktop. yes. but it'll lag 1-2 seconds and be unplayable.

I just put the connections in the composite / component / VGA (360 is on VGA, PS2 isn't currently plugged in. and feed the sound through the line-in.

Ahhh....okay, thanks

Here's an updated shot of my setup...Horrible isn't it. Where o where to put two more 22" lcds :(

new%20setup.JPG

I can't figure out how to manage the wires though, and there's like no room for two lcds that are coming soon.

I can't figure out how to manage the wires though,

For wire management, I usually buy cable ties so that I can cable tie wires to the legs of my desk, underneath my desk, and other places where they are organized and aren't prone to be kicked around a lot (or almost never). If you have tried cable ties, there are other options available to you such as Wire Loom, Desk Outlets, and other things of the sort: some more practical than others, of course. AS for power strips, you can always mount them to the wall or baseboard by using the mounts that are located on the reverse side of the strip and using nails to secure them to the wall, or, other apparatuses.

and there's like no room for two lcds that are coming soon.

I have that problem, too, because I want a 3rd monitor but I don't have the space for one on my desk. What you can do, is you can purchase monitor mounts and stands that are secured to your desk and some can support up to 2, 3, even 4-6 monitors at a time. A popular company that I personally know a few people have bought things from is called Ergotron where you can look at Desk Mounts; Wall Mounts; and, in your case, Multi-Monitor Mounts. All of these range in various capacities (of monitor support) to price, and there are even stands that can support a Laptop PC and dual-monitors. Very expandable and ergonomic.

Hey bryce, love your multiple moniter setup. I notice you have a roll of painter's tape on the desk. Were you modding something recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back