Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For wire management, I usually buy cable ties so that I can cable tie wires to the legs of my desk, underneath my desk, and other places where they are organized and aren't prone to be kicked around a lot (or almost never). If you have tried cable ties, there are other options available to you such as Wire Loom, Desk Outlets, and other things of the sort: some more practical than others, of course. AS for power strips, you can always mount them to the wall or baseboard by using the mounts that are located on the reverse side of the strip and using nails to secure them to the wall, or, other apparatuses.

I have a bag of them, just need to finish up this work I've got to do and then I can strip everything apart and see what I can do with it. Though, my glass desk is going to show EVERYTHING, so I am wanting to wait til I can build my own desk or buy a newer corner one or something.

I have that problem, too, because I want a 3rd monitor but I don't have the space for one on my desk. What you can do, is you can purchase monitor mounts and stands that are secured to your desk and some can support up to 2, 3, even 4-6 monitors at a time. A popular company that I personally know a few people have bought things from is called Ergotron where you can look at Desk Mounts; Wall Mounts; and, in your case, Multi-Monitor Mounts. All of these range in various capacities (of monitor support) to price, and there are even stands that can support a Laptop PC and dual-monitors. Very expandable and ergonomic.

I do like Ergotron, and am considering buying a multi-monitor mount from them. Though, my rig needs a new mobo and gtx260 right now so I can actually run quad lcds. I am looking into those EVGA UV+ adapters that support up to 1680x1200 resolutions though, looks nice for cheap ($70).

Hey bryce, love your multiple moniter setup. I notice you have a roll of painter's tape on the desk. Were you modding something recently?

I attempted to mod my Antec 300, which is why I'm caseless right now. I'm like in the middle of it and work got to be to busy that I haven't had time to do anything with it. I bought the tape, a nice dremel set a month ago and started on it and then got busy with work :(

But the good news is, that painters tape comes in handy for camera mountings lols.

And I also bought some 3m Double Sided "tape of the gods" and mounted my posters with it. Now, the posters are stuck there as if I pull em down, they WILL rip and pull paint off the walls, stupid thing to do :(

And I also bought some 3m Double Sided "tape of the gods" and mounted my posters with it. Now, the posters are stuck there as if I pull em down, they WILL rip and pull paint off the walls, stupid thing to do :(

If you have cheap paint it does. Heck I hot glue things on my wall and I dont have an issue of the paint coming off. :p

I also made my new desk :D it's 10 by 10 L shape. and much taller :)

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096-1.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Don't cry about the cables, I know. I just got "done" 3 hours ago. :eek:

why do you have two modems? does your isp charge you extra?

3 modems. SB6120 next to the DIR-655.

I only pay for 1. which is the SB6120, HOA pays for the 2nd modem and then work pays for the 3rd modem. :p

Win Win. :)

It's a 30"... Dell 3007WFP-HC when they went on sale for $900 (refurb) then dropped to $750 like a month after I bought mine...

But yea the picture does make it look bigger than it is, 18mm lense

Still worth it... 2560 x 1600 is so nice for so many reasons...

+1 I love mine and got it for the $700 w/a coupon. :)

LOCO LAPTOP: Sick set up dude, I'm definitely jealous. How much did the desk cost to build? The top appears to be granite which couldn't come cheap.

LOCO LAPTOP: Sick set up dude, I'm definitely jealous. How much did the desk cost to build? The top appears to be granite which couldn't come cheap.

Looks more like the faux-granite stuff I have in my kitchen.

That's awesome! I've always wanted to build my won desk, but, I am not sure how to do it - im afraid that ill build the desk, it will seem fine, then when I go to put my things on it...it will break. As you can see, im not too handy when it comes to things like this.

My logic behind building my own desk it that it can be cheaper than buying, and, I can put my own in-desk inserts like USB hubs and surge protectors.

Last edited:
Loco: I just noticed the balancing act you're trying to pull off with that receiver perched atop that computer case. Man, you can say g-bye to your Samsung LCD if the receiver tips over. :eek: :eek:

It's florida so that means no earthquakes and really, it wont fall over even if I hit it. but yes if I hit hard then yes it will fall.

Fun Fact: That 22" has had been punched many times and flashlights fall on it two times and it still works. :eek:
Sad thing is, I was playing crysis on my new 24" when I got it and that cracked on me on the very first day. :/

LOCO LAPTOP: Question, I'm not that good with internet type equipment, so what's the point of 3 modems if you've only got 1 isp and 1 internet connection? Or do you have 3 of those to. Just what's the point of it, I know it's free, so that's one reason lol.

LOCO LAPTOP: Question, I'm not that good with internet type equipment, so what's the point of 3 modems if you've only got 1 isp and 1 internet connection? Or do you have 3 of those to. Just what's the point of it, I know it's free, so that's one reason lol.

All 3 have its own connection (IP's) like 10/1 for a most of the computers (HP Switch), a 2nd 10/1 for my gaming server, and the work 6/768 vonage and for downloads that can take all night (dlink switch)

I hope that what your asking.

there have been a few changes, but its basically this. the z-680s have been replaced with two sony bookshelf speakers, and theres a shuttle k45 tucked behind the monitors.

All 3 have its own connection (IP's) like 10/1 for a most of the computers (HP Switch), a 2nd 10/1 for my gaming server, and the work 6/768 vonage and for downloads that can take all night (dlink switch)

I hope that what your asking.

MULTIWAN.

QoS + pfsense.

DOOOOOOOOOOO IT

I just got a new desk and its awesome so far! LMK what you guys think.
This is my chair for now, because my brother broke my old one after coming home drunk form a party :(
And yes i was watching spongebob :p

Last edited:
It says in your signature that you have a Mac Mini, however, I do not see it on your desk - I might not be looking hard enough: Is that it on one of the shelves on the desk?

Here's mine: (don't have the best camera, flash makes things look a little weird)

1.jpg

2.jpg

subs.jpg

Asus Rampage Formula X48 board
Core 2 E8400@4ghz
8gb OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 @ 1000mhz
BFG GTX280 OCX

(2) 24" Dell 2407WFP
Logitech G15 keyboard and G7 mouse

Thinkpad T500 - love that thing

Speakers are Cambridge sound works MC305
Subs are 10" pioneer car subs powered by 2 channel onkyo receiver with low pass crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back