Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. :)

The legs I used are the Vika Curry legs from Ikea.

Here's a picture of how they attach. They're nice, because you screw the base down, and then the leg screws into the base, so you can remove the legs if needed without having to take all the screws out of the base.

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

hey Kaos how did you attach that pegboard to the desk?

There's a pic i posted above where you can see a roll of double sided tape right on the desk. It's doublesided tape that they used to seal windows into buildings...it holds fantastic on it's own...it's like foam just filled with adhesive.

Pretty hard to get off if you want it off but it's meant to hold glass in place. Razor blades and patience work pretty well. if the surface you're putting it on isnt solid or strong there's a chance it could tear/break during removal. I attached it to the metal part of the desk.

Works a lot better than the standard double sided stuff you find in most places.

There's a pic i posted above where you can see a roll of double sided tape right on the desk. It's doublesided tape that they used to seal windows into buildings...it holds fantastic on it's own...it's like foam just filled with adhesive.

Pretty hard to get off if you want it off but it's meant to hold glass in place. Razor blades and patience work pretty well. if the surface you're putting it on isnt solid or strong there's a chance it could tear/break during removal. I attached it to the metal part of the desk.

Works a lot better than the standard double sided stuff you find in most places.

thanks so much..looks awesome!

Here's the sequence of my current desk location and the re-wiring job I just did.

(gun pics thrown in from the office for schizrade)

And the AR pics as promised:
DeskPics013.jpg

DeskPics014.jpg

Questions and Comments are always welcome!

LOL, nice.

:D

And the AR pics as promised:
DeskPics013.jpg

DeskPics014.jpg

Questions and Comments are always welcome!

In what I am sure wont be a popular comment, I really hope Obama works faster. I can't seem to find an anti-gun smiley...

In what I am sure wont be a popular comment, I really hope Obama works faster. I can't seem to find an anti-gun smiley...
Yeah, let's hope our rights get taken away faster.

Please, go down a bottle of valium for us.

Nothing at all. Reading the founding father's own writings and letters give you the answers you seek.

Back to the thread... too many distractions.

We need to keep this thread on-topic...

...Anyhow, natej315, is that your CD/DVD drive on the shelf of your desk? That's a neat idea!

I'm always up for intelligent debate in the appropriate location, this isnt the place but let me know if you'd like to get further into it privately or in an off topic location.

We need to keep this thread on-topic...
...Anyhow, natej315, is that your CD/DVD drive on the shelf of your desk? That's a neat idea!

I had an external drive that I used in such a manner since I pretty much only use externals...the pic is kind of old but you see the point

Desk010.jpg

Yeah, let's hope our rights get taken away faster.

Please, go down a bottle of valium for us.

Agreed!.... if obama gets his way soon enough even energy will cost too much for us to run all of these awesome setups....

What the hell do we have to mention Obama's name for? Seriously He's been in office for a fucking short time. I don't or can't support nonsense in the Federal Government and they should classify Elitism as a Terrorist Act!

Yes, every setup is awesome except for mine since I don't care for it and its horrible compared to others but it gets the job done in a damn small apartment. ON with the Pictures!

Agreed!.... if obama gets his way soon enough even energy will cost too much for us to run all of these awesome setups....

and pretty soon DC will look like Fallout3, cuz we couldn't defend ourselves...

That's a nice "simple station" - if you weren't using the DVD player, you could hookup your desktop PC to that TV for viewing pleasure, haha.

That's a big signature, by the way (Im referring to the picture)

It's a default Windows7 RC one... haha... I just picked the landscape theme, it flips through 10 wallpapers... changes every 30-60 minutes I think.

I hate him even more :p How big is that monitor - 30"? Or does it just look like that size to me because of the angle in which you took the picture.

Nah, that's definitely a 30", nothign compares to one.

Nice setup though Blazestorm, I wish I could keep my desk that clean.

Hmm...im guessing something like.....22" Wide? I'm probably way off

And, yeah, my desk is never that clean :D

Last edited:
It's a 30"... Dell 3007WFP-HC when they went on sale for $900 (refurb) then dropped to $750 like a month after I bought mine...

But yea the picture does make it look bigger than it is, 18mm lense

Still worth it... 2560 x 1600 is so nice for so many reasons...

http://www.krksys.com/product_v-series.php

KRK V4's... a bit older but sound good... got them for free from someone who was going to return them to the store but they had some cosmetic damage so they wouldn't take them back, they were worth $300 a piece at the time but he didn't want them... heh...

It's a default Windows7 RC one... haha... I just picked the landscape theme, it flips through 10 wallpapers... changes every 30-60 minutes I think.

damn i don't want to buy it for the wallpaper! I want to keep Vista for a little while longer. Maybe it will show up somewhere on the Internets;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back